Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just starting my journey

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I've found this forum! I've learned so much and have my phone consult next week. I'm so excited to get my life back!! I am so ready for this. I am tired of thinking about food all the time and want to be the woman my hubby married. I want to be able to keep up with my kids and I want them to be proud of me. Thank-you so much for the support and although I have some jitters about spending 16K, I know it will be so worth it and at this time next year I hope to be really close to my goal. Special thank-you out to Mookie, you are fabulous, and I can't wait to see your tummy! :biggrin1: I want to put up my Ticker thingy anyone know how to do that??

Welcome, and you need to change the 2fatt so we know what to call you.... like soon to be slim

On the ticker you will notice a website, and if you go to the website you can creat a ticker and then you can add it to your signature.

Good luck on the consult.

Hmmm, well I will be slim soon, but you can call me Donna. I went to the website and created my ticker and all that, I just don't know how to add it to my signature. This forum is so awesome, I hope I will one day be able to inspire someone else the way I've been inspired.

You grab the line that says add to your website and then just paste it into your signature line if you look below the signature it shows where you can place the ticker code to show up. Hope that helps

Hi Donna, welcome. I just got banded 1 month ago, I started my journey in November, and things moved pretty fast.

What you have to do with your ticker is, after you create it, copy the URL (I think it is the first one), then come back to this forum, at the top you will see "quick links", go to edit signature, then add it there, scroll down and click the button that says SAVE SIGNATRE, and it should work.

My insurance paid for my surgery, but if I would have had to pay for it, I think I would have come up with the money some how, some way. It is so worth it!

A-HA!!! Got it. Thank-you Sunshine!! My husband designs software but I am computer illiterate!! I wish I was going to Toronto tomorrow because by the time I go, I'll way 300lbs the way I'm eating!

Good for you! We are almost the same age I noticed, and our BMI was pretty close to the same. How tall are you?

Donna,

You memtioned the self pay of 16,000. I justified mine because it was costing me a lot to support 250 plus lbs too. Think about it that way. Do you think you spent a just a little money each day on food?

edie

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the goodies and food I buy everyday!! It's like I was saying to Mookie, it's like I'm getting ready to break-up with food. Sounds funny I know but I really did have a long love-hate relationship with food and now I'm ready to start eating to live instead of living to eat!!

Sunshine

I am 5'2 221 lbs. Can I ask you what you normally eat in a day now? Is it uncomfortable? Was your family supportive? I'm not telling anyone. Too embarassed and I know my family would not support me. For now it's just me and my husband. It's really no one else's business anyway right? Except of course... you guys!

Hey Jackson's Mom/Donna!

You would be surprised by who IS actually supportive, but by all means, I'm keeping mine on the DL too. It does get harder and harder the more weight you lose, though.

I just know there are people out there who will try to sabatoge. When the time comes to explain my weight -loss, it'll be too late to try to talk me out of it you know?