Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to ask my NUT if this is ok. This was my favorite way to up my Protein pre op. I'm allowed yogurt but don't know if I can do frozen fruit. Only bananas and canned fruit in its own juice is on my list. But then there's fruit in yogurt and that's ok?! I'm confused.

Yea , I know what you mean about confused , I just work the numbers . is the over all numbers work , i ll give it a try less than 20 carbs less than 5 grams of fat more than 15 grams of protein and less than 240 on the sodium ... Giddy up !

I stay way clear of any canned fruits and fruit in yogurt to much fructose , and sweeteners , I go natural or organic fruits, and knock wood so far so good . in the end it all goes into the blender and no chunks ....its smooooooth :-)

RJ

Yea ' date=' I know what you mean about confused , I just work the numbers . is the over all numbers work , i ll give it a try less than 20 carbs less than 5 grams of fat more than 15 grams of Protein and less than 240 on the sodium ... Giddy up !

I stay way clear of any canned fruits and fruit in yogurt to much fructose , and sweeteners , I go natural or organic fruits, and knock wood so far so good . in the end it all goes into the blender and no chunks ....its smooooooth :-)

RJ[/quote']

I figure if it agrees with me and meets the rules I should be ok. I know if I did frozen organic fruit and plain Greek yogurt I'd hit the protein and sugar rules no problem.

I have been doing really well with my eating up until Wednesday. It seems like every time I eat now I feel yucky. It doesn't come back up, but I do feel nausea. I know I am not eating enough. Sometimes it hurts in my back after eating, too. My gastric bypass was June 4th. Anyone feel like this after eating? I am thinking I will call my doctor when I get back in town.

I am off food too. Nothing sounds good to me. I have to force myself to eat and am not eating nearly enough. I sure hope it gets easier.

I am off food too. Nothing sounds good to me. I have to force myself to eat and am not eating nearly enough. I sure hope it gets easier.

I agree. I hope it gets easier.

I have been doing really well with my eating up until Wednesday. It seems like every time I eat now I feel yucky. It doesn't come back up' date=' but I do feel nausea. I know I am not eating enough. Sometimes it hurts in my back after eating, too. My gastric bypass was June 4th. Anyone feel like this after eating? I am thinking I will call my doctor when I get back in town.[/quote']

I'm struggling being pushed back to liquids and puréed. I was on soft food but since I had to have an additional surgery it was like I took two steps back. It's almost 90 degrees outside too. So the go-to idea of Soup is kind of turning my stomach.

I'm struggling being pushed back to liquids and puréed. I was on soft food but since I had to have an additional surgery it was like I took two steps back. It's almost 90 degrees outside too. So the go-to idea of Soup is kind of turning my stomach.

I'm right with ya except I'm on strict sugar free clears. I went from pureed to only ice chips now to this. I sure am thankful my body has en ough fat to live off of, and they've been keeping an eye on my heart. This stricture stuff is no joke. I hope they have yours all figured out.

I'm right with ya except I'm on strict sugar free clears. I went from pureed to only ice chips now to this. I sure am thankful my body has en ough fat to live off of' date=' and they've been keeping an eye on my heart. This stricture stuff is no joke. I hope they have yours all figured out.[/quote']

I hope yours is figured out too! I had a stricture, the most severe cicatrix my surgeon has ever seen, and a blockage. I feel like I'm never going to be eating or back to work or on my feet ever again. I feel like this put me so far behind.

I hope yours is figured out too! I had a stricture' date=' the most severe cicatrix my surgeon has ever seen, and a blockage. I feel like I'm never going to be eating or back to work or on my feet ever again. I feel like this put me so far behind.[/quote']

Kristylynngirl stay encouraged this is just a set back not a defeat! Before you know it you're goning to be in the move & all this will be a small blip in your rear view mirror! Sometimes we face a set back & it propels us into such an amazing future!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ugh! I'm so upset! I am 11 days post op, I have pains in my abdomen all over. Top, botton, right and left sides. I woke up this morning and started to drink and the sharp little stabbing pains began. I know I am still experiencing lots of pain in my left side post op but I'm so tired of all the other little pains. Its seems to be associated with drinking and eating??? I just don't understand I can't wait to feel normal. I am following the post op diet my bathroom habits are normal again so why do I have this pain. I feel like if the pain was was gone I would feel normal and ready to start my exercise routine. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my two week follow up. Were gonna get to the bottom of this!

Kristylynngirl stay encouraged this is just a set back not a defeat! Before you know it you're goning to be in the move & all this will be a small blip in your rear view mirror! Sometimes we face a set back & it propels us into such an amazing future!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thanks. The depression right now is just thru the roof. I've pretty much been sick since my surgery on 6/6 and the recovery from the second surgery on 7/1 has been slower than slow. I've only lost like 18-20 lbs. I can hardly eat. Nothing tastes right. I'm always exhausted. I've had awful pain. Dizzy which I'm sure is from not eating. The Protein shakes are turning my stomach. I've already missed two weeks worth of work I haven't planned on and I'm financially drained and have no help. I've cried every day and I don't want to do anything but sleep. It's no wonder. I failed at every attempt my entire life to get my weight under control and it seems like this is just going to be another failure.

I hope yours is figured out too! I had a stricture' date=' the most severe cicatrix my surgeon has ever seen, and a blockage. I feel like I'm never going to be eating or back to work or on my feet ever again. I feel like this put me so far behind.[/quote']

I was supposed to get an esophageal stent on friday, but my doc wants to do it himself. So the on call surgeon just dilated me again. This time they got to about the size of a straw before it started bleeding. He said my esophagus is full of scar tissue so the stent is pretty much my only option. Hopefully I'll be feeling better this week.

I have been doing really well with my eating up until Wednesday. It seems like every time I eat now I feel yucky. It doesn't come back up' date=' but I do feel nausea. I know I am not eating enough. Sometimes it hurts in my back after eating, too. My gastric bypass was June 4th. Anyone feel like this after eating? I am thinking I will call my doctor when I get back in town.[/quote']

Do you still have your gallbladder? Back pain after eating is one red flag that you may be having gallbladder issues.

Do you still have your gallbladder? Back pain after eating is one red flag that you may be having gallbladder issues.

I was wondering if this could be the problem. I had an ultrasound preop, and there were no issues. Can gallstones develop that quickly?

I was wondering if this could be the problem. I had an ultrasound preop' date=' and there were no issues. Can gallstones develop that quickly?[/quote']

Yes...according to my doctor. It is also triggered my rapid weight loss.