Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I held down everything today until I tried my NUTs suggestion of condensed Soup made with skim milk. Came right back up. Starting to think I can't do lactose. Because the carnation instant Breakfast with soy milk stayed in no problem. I think I'm gonna try calming my tummy with some warm herbal tea.

Try 0/1 percent milk with Protein shakes-smooth

Try 0/1 percent milk with Protein shakes-smooth

Dairy milk seems to just not sit with me right at the moment. I mean it came out like a projectile and I was dry heaving and sweating and miserable.

Dairy milk seems to just not sit with me right at the moment. I mean it came out like a projectile and I was dry heaving and sweating and miserable.

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk

See everyone is excited :-) I am 7 days post op and feel great .. So far ive lost 12 lbs since last wednesday :-)... 46 in Total ... i do have to say I am having the worst time with Protein Shakes makes me feel queazy but I went and did something alil crazy and poached an egg in my Soup and blended it to my broth and man I feel so much better I need the Protein and alil sodium bloated still but Ladies please try the Fuze Slenderized I am serious they are not bad and have Vitamins and help flush ur system :-) I love them ... To all who are about to have surgery Good Luck!!!

The protein shakes are now making me gag... I don't know if I can do this until next Tuesday by post- op 2 week follow up.

The neck doesn't' sound like a comfortable place for an IV. Glad you are getting ready to go home. Get some rest. I was a little mixed about going home' date=' but my husband and Mom wanted me to come home quick. So, I agreed. It turned out great for me. Thinking about you![/quote']

Thanks, wished my husband was more supportive, Im going through this alone, I even had to drive myself to the hospital, my husband work midnights and didn't want to break his normal rituals, therefore I was on my on, anyhow, Im strong, my mom, daughter, and auntie got my back.

Thanks' date=' wished my husband was more supportive, Im going through this alone, I even had to drive myself to the hospital, my husband work midnights and didn't want to break his normal rituals, therefore I was on my on, anyhow, Im strong, my mom, daughter, and auntie got my back.[/quote']

I am so glad that you had your Mom, Auntie and Daughter were there to get you back. I wish I lived close to you. I would have come and sat at the hospital with you! You have us as supporters. It's not the same, but hopefully, it gives some encouragement.

I am very blessed with my husband! He keeps worrying I will lose all this weight and then decide I don't want to be with him anymore. (most of the time I think he is joking) But, he is my Knight in Shining Armor! God sure hand picked him just for me.

I pray you have an easy night. Be blessed, Sweetie!

hello ladies!! Went in to my sooo waited appointment today. Finally got a surgery date. It will either be the 1st or 2nd of July. I cannot wait!! And yes, of coirser I was 2lbs more then my first appt on May 1st. Am now on the soooo waited liquid diet. I was looking at the diet plan nd I said to myself..omg i will starve with just this. But I guess I will manage. I can't wait to be on the losers bench. SO YES!! I AM OFFICIALLY ON THE JULY SURGERY GROUP.

I am so glad that you had your Mom' date=' Auntie and Daughter were there to get you back. I wish I lived close to you. I would have come and sat at the hospital with you! You have us as supporters. It's not the same, but hopefully, it gives some encouragement.

I am very blessed with my husband! He keeps worrying I will lose all this weight and then decide I don't want to be with him anymore. (most of the time I think he is joking) But, he is my Knight in Shining Armor! God sure hand picked him just for me.

I pray you have an easy night. Be blessed, Sweetie![/quote']

Thank you, that's why I spend so much time on this site, for the support, girl my husband need to learn how to be forgiving and to move past his hurts because it's becoming damaging to our marriage, well on another note, Im Blessed and happy to have people that will listen and share this awesome journey.

I got a question, I apologize in advance, you know how you are gassy when you come home? Did any of you pass red stuff along with the gas at times? It looks like blood though.

Yocolefeet,

I didn't have that happen, but I would ask your surgeon about it. I'm sure it's just leftover blood in your intestines (which happens from the cutting it), but it could be more serious. Please call them in the morning and at least ask.

Today is day 7 post op. I had a pretty rough day today. This surgery is NOT EASY. So much changes for you so quickly. And I know in theory that's sort of the point - to use it as a tool to make permanent healthier lifestyle changes. But the emotional toll of the nutritional changes have gotten me. It's A LOT to consider each day - not to sip too much, don't sip too fast, take the medicines, take your Vitamins but don't take 'this one' with 'that one', get in x-amount of fluids, get in x-amount of Protein, don't add more than one new thing a day, etc. I feel my day is consumed with all that as well as trying to "listen to my new body" and make sure everything is ok. I got a mild case of heartburn today and it's been very uncomfortable. Kept me from getting the fluids and protein in that I needed. Then I didn't even know if there was anything I could take for it. They have me on Pepcid each day for a month but apparently that didn't work. I guess I'm just venting. I don't want to scare anyone who is pre-op now but I also was hoping for some support. This forum is a great source and it's nice to talk to those going thru or having gone thru the same thing as you have. But sometimes it does the opposite bc it's hard not to compare yourself to people and feel like you must be doing something wrong bc it seems like it's easy breezy for some by day 7. Some people are weighing themselves and some have suggested to do that to remind yourself why you did all this. Whats so funny is i have had ZERO desire to weigh myself bc I've been so consumed with this medicine/vitamin/sip/fluid/protein schedule I didn't want that to distract me. All that being said, I guess I'm having a pity party kind of day but I do know that God has got my back and strengthens me to endure each day and that there will come a day when I am better, feeling normal and these pity party days will be a thing of the past. For those that endured this Day 7 Dissertation, I appreciate you. LOL.

Surgery: 6/5/2013

Getting ready to go to the hospital. I'm not really sure how I feel at this exact moment. I guess I would say I'm feeling a little anxiety but at the same time excited to get to this point in the process and get on the losers bench!

Prayers for me please. My stomach is full of butterflies.

Prayers for me please. My stomach is full of butterflies.

Sending prayers for a smooth recovery!