Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a really restless night last night and I wine up feeling yuck. I did find out that I'm tolerating skim milk very well so I'm using that as my fluids/protein for now. All the Protein Powder I have is grossing me out and my chewable bariatric Vitamins aren't wanting to stay down either. So I know some of my lack of energy has to do with that. I'm going to try to get at least one Protein Shake in today and I'll build from that.

Hope today goes better for you :)

Threw up about a mouthful of liquid again. They say its up to me if I wanna stay another night or go home. Part of me wants to stay to make sure I don't get dehydrated but part of me wants to go sleep in my own bed.

Threw up about a mouthful of liquid again. They say its up to me if I wanna stay another night or go home. Part of me wants to stay to make sure I don't get dehydrated but part of me wants to go sleep in my own bed.

If you are unsure, then stay one more night. It would be better to be sure.

This may be TMI, but I am curious. So, I am doing really well. Better than I could ever expect. I am getting in lots of Fluid and Protein. I started having gas a couple of days ago, but no bowel movement yet. Should I be concerned? I keep thinking there is really nothing in there to come out. :) Sorry for being so open. I tend to have no filter on my conversations.

If you are unsure' date=' then stay one more night. It would be better to be sure.

[/quote']

The resident just stopped in and suggest I stay tonight and get some more IV Fluid just to be safe. They of course don't have any explanation for why I'm having these stuck episodes and spitting up.

Had my surgery on the 6th. Today is the 8th and I'm already home. I haven't had any problems yet.....well except for the Protein Shots they gave me at the hospital made me really nauseous. They were so thick and syrupy and way too sweet. Other than that I've done really well. Im really proud of myself. Go back on Wed to remove the drain tube, which Ive playfully named my Grenade and have all my staples taken out as well.

Omg.... At the local fair and the food smells soooo good! Ugh! Surgery this Thursday! Been optifastin it for four weeks! Oh the temptation lol but it's gonna be sooo worth it!

So I had surgery on Wednesday June 5th and just got home tonight. I had had a previous stomach surgery for acid reflux that they had to undo before doing my bypass. I felt awesome the first day and very sleepy. The second morning I kept pushing th pain pump but noticed it wasn't helping. My IV had infiltrated and then my pain got out of control... it took several hours to get back in shape. I passed my leak test and they discontinued my pain pump later that afternoon. After that I had an awful time getting my pain under co trol for the nexf couple of days. I am now home though and feel much better. I am only on sugar free Clear Liquids until next Thursday. Then I fet my drain pulled and get to start Protein Shakes again. I haven't been hungry at all!

Omg.... At the local fair and the food smells soooo good! Ugh! Surgery this Thursday! Been optifastin it for four weeks! Oh the temptation lol but it's gonna be sooo worth it!

I've been optifasting for over 3 now. My surgery is Wednesday. If I can make it thru this I can do anything! I went to the movies with my husband tonight and about died from the popcorn smell!

I've been optifasting for over 3 now. My surgery is Wednesday. If I can make it thru this I can do anything! I went to the movies with my husband tonight and about died from the popcorn smell!

Oh my... Me too.... Movies with my kid the other day! I ate one piece! Lol ugh ! !

I guess I've been doing ok. I know it can be much worse. But today has been a pretty blah day. Not feeling bad really but not feeling good either. Not sure what it is. I had no idea it would be like this. I REALLY didn't. But I think God knew not to really reveal that to me or I may have opted out of doing it and I still believe this was the right choice for me. I had the same Day 2 experience that others talked about - "what the heck have I gotten myself into??? I've made a serious and tragic mistake!!" But that was just one day. I'm still holding on to get to the days where I feel normal. My friends keep reminding me that I had MAJOR surgery and u don't just bounce back from it. I never looked at it that way oddly enough But I'm trying to be patient. And with everyone's doctor being different it makes me wonder if my doctor/program is telling me the right thing. UGH!!! It's all going to be ok though. This I DO KNOW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Everyone keeps reminding me of the trauma I put my body thru and that nothing worthwhile comes easy. I just pray I can hold down more fluids and go home tomorrow. I know getting back into my more normal routine will make me feel a world better.

The resident just stopped in and suggest I stay tonight and get some more IV Fluid just to be safe. They of course don't have any explanation for why I'm having these stuck episodes and spitting up.

I would stay as well. Better safe than sorry!

I know I can't understand what you ladies are feeling right now, but just try to hang in there and it will get better! (And remember to tell me that this week after my surgery when I'm having the same doubts as you are!)

I think I'm about to liquify...all these darn liquids are getting on my nerves! I caved today and had a salad...at least it wasn't a cheeseburger or anything, but I felt so weak. I'll be so glad when hunger is no longer an issue. Just a few more days now...