Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded nov. 27- lost 30- gained 8 back?

Hi everyone , my husband had the band nov 26, 2006, lost weight slowly but continuously till abou the time of his first fill (1cc) I don't know what size band he has. He's still hungry. Anyway, I know this site is for bandsters, but I feel like I need to help my husband, because he has become somewhat non-compliant. I don't know what to do (?) He won't involve himself in in a forum like this ( found it for him) or go see the nutritionist,attend bandster meetings, or even keep track of his appointments.

Is it possible my support for him (like preparing appropriate Snacks, meals, asking if he weighed himself, reminding him to take it easy at restaurants, etc.) might make him feel like I'm being pushy about losing weight and so he behaves contrary,and eats what he wants. I want to support him but I'm worried I'm doing the wrong things for him. Bandsters, In what ways do your spouses support you that really feels helpful??? thanks, marmmalou

Is it possible my support for him (like preparing appropriate Snacks, meals, asking if he weighed himself, reminding him to take it easy at restaurants, etc.) might make him feel like I'm being pushy about losing weight and so he behaves contrary,and eats what he wants.

I don't know your husband, but that might be possible. I know that in the past when my ex-boyfriend acted like the food police, it irritated me enough to rebel. And the more my mother asks me about my weight, the less I want to diet.

Your husband needs to want to do this for himself. Nothing you can say is going to make him change. Just be there for him, be supportive without being intrusive, and let him know you're willing help to him in any manner he needs. The only thing I would suggest to him at this point is that he may want to call his doctor and schedule another fill. It sounds like he doesn't have enough restriction. Has your husband done enough research on the band to know what's normal and what's not? I'm wondering if maybe he's just not informed enough to know the best way to work the band. If you think that is the case, then perhaps you should try asking his doctor to talk to him and educate him a little more. Maybe if it came from someone other than you, your husband might be more willing to listen and to comply.

Thanks Enterprise01! I am a devoted Trek Fan myself. I'll back off my husband a bit- I've been trying to be non-intrusive, but I think he might take it that way. He has a 2nd fill scheduled for 2/28

Thanks Enterprise01! I am a devoted Trek Fan myself. I'll back off my husband a bit- I've been trying to be non-intrusive, but I think he might take it that way. He has a 2nd fill scheduled for 2/28

I've only had 1 fill and am not feeling any restriction yet, so your husband is probably in the same boat. I think the 2nd fill will really help him.

Live long and prosper!

The good thing about the band is that it is there waiting for him to work it! I agree with others.. try not to be the food police........ I have had to talk about this with my dbf... he thinks its HIS duty... HE HASN'T A CLUE...... (long story for another post) :))

In short .. it does have to be him that decides, and I think once he finds the proper restriction he will start losing.