Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I only have 5 days til the BIG day and I am just down right scared...so many things going thru my mind. Of course the main one is am I making the right decision. Then I start thinking about drinking, Protein and getting everything I need in daily. Just overwhelming I tell ya!!!!!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated on how others are handling this.

I know how you feel. I have 8 days left and am having open surgery going from the lap band to a bypass. Feel nervous about so many things :unsure:

I hope everything goes great for you xox

I know how you feel.

I feel very overwhelmed everyday about EVERYTHING.

I have 10 more days til surgery.. but what helps me is saying 'It's either live this unhealthy life, same crap / different day.. or CHANGE' ^_^

I know how you feel. I have 8 days left and am having open surgery going from the lap band to a bypass. Feel nervous about so many things :unsure:

I hope everything goes great for you xox

I will certainly keep you I'm my prayers. That is another one on my worries is will the hv to do open. I'm sure you will do great and we will need to keep in touch to see how we r doing. Best wishes and remember God is in control...????

I know how you feel.

I feel very overwhelmed everyday about EVERYTHING.

I have 10 more days til surgery.. but what helps me is saying 'It's either live this unhealthy life' date=' same crap / different day.. or CHANGE' ^_^[/quote']

I agree 100%. I try to think of the positive that will out weigh the bad. You can do this!!!! Praying for comfort and peace during your journey. Keep me posted. Know God in in control of all things ????

Well I only have 5 days til the BIG day and I am just down right scared...so many things going thru my mind. Of course the main one is am I making the right decision. Then I start thinking about drinking' date=' Protein and getting everything I need in daily. Just overwhelming I tell ya!!!!!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated on how others are handling this.[/quote']

I.can definitely relate. My surgery its Tuesday the 23rd and I haven't gotten the things I'll need. I.have all the information and still not sure what to go buy... I have never had major surgery so I am scared off being out

My surgery is on the 22nd. I have everything I need for the hospital and the first month or so at home. I have a great support system as well. I was so excited to get going, I even asked for an earlier date. All of a sudden today I started really second guessing my decision! I am not scared of the actual surgery at all, but I think I am of the life change. I love food, and have always been bigger, so I don't know anything else. I have some major back issues, and know this is what I need to do to be healthy. Am I crazy?? Anyone else have this little freak out??

My surgery is on the 22nd. I have everything I need for the hospital and the first month or so at home. I have a great support system as well. I was so excited to get going' date=' I even asked for an earlier date. All of a sudden today I started really second guessing my decision! I am not scared of the actual surgery at all, but I think I am of the life change. I love food, and have always been bigger, so I don't know anything else. I have some major back issues, and know this is what I need to do to be healthy. Am I crazy?? Anyone else have this little freak out??[/quote']

Me too, on the back issues. The pain is terrible by the end of the day. I have scoliosis, which was mild but has gotten worse with the weight gain over the years. I want to be pain free, or at least pain tolerable. I am VERY concerned about not being able to take nsaids after surgery. Nsaids have been my best friend for quite a while. Will Tylenol help? Maybe, or maybe not, but losing weight will definitely help. As for the freak out, I'm feeling a tad jittery now that the insurance has approved me and all my requirements have been met. I do know that a case of the jitters WILL NOT change my mind.

Well my birthday is the 22nd and my new birthday is the 23rd...how cool is that. I also agree with some others, i have had surgery before and am not afraid of that but of the life after.

Me too' date=' on the back issues. The pain is terrible by the end of the day. I have scoliosis, which was mild but has gotten worse with the weight gain over the years. I want to be pain free, or at least pain tolerable. I am VERY concerned about not being able to take nsaids after surgery. Nsaids have been my best friend for quite a while. Will Tylenol help? Maybe, or maybe not, but losing weight will definitely help. As for the freak out, I'm feeling a tad jittery now that the insurance has approved me and all my requirements have been met. I do know that a case of the jitters WILL NOT change my mind.[/quote']

I am not alone! :) I will not change my mind either, and this feeling freaked me out alittle to be honest. Being pain free is my goal as well, it has been soooo long, I won't know how it feels! Best of luck to you!

I'm not alone!!! I have 9 days till my surgery and I to have started to 2nd guess myself. I'm not afraid of the surgery but my life after surgery. This all liquid diet is starting to get to me!

Thanks Dorian! Good luck to you too! Have you tried Tylenol for pain yet? This is my last week to use Naproxin. My doctor recommends not using it for a month before surgery. I will miss it, but only for a little while I hope. I need to start walking more. Another thing to get used to before surgery. The weather is beginning to cooperate finally. I have a chubby little dachshund who will be my walking buddy (he needs to exercise too). 2013 will be an year of change.

I am relieved to hear other people being nervous also. My surgery is Friday and as much as I know I am doing the right thing for many reasons (diabetes, weight, fibromyalgia) it is starting to make me a bit crazy. Somehow knowing others feel the same way makes me feel better. Sending good thoughts to all.