Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you treat yourself?

Is the idea of a nice dinner out to Celebrate over? On occasion, I like to get dressed up and take my wife out to a nice meal. Something like Ruth Chris steak house, seafood or sushi. What can I do? Thx. In advance

Of course it's not over. You can even see if they let you order off menu. Take the glass of Water and set it aside. Order something small. You might even be able to share something with an extra side of something for the missus. Some places let yo order "double meat" and most places give you enough for 2 people anyway. That's one of the ways I ended up here. Instead of boxing the rest right up front for tomorrow, I always tried to clean my plate and we usually ordered separate dinners or lunches. It's insane really. On some occasions even post surgery we'd ask for 1 meal and an extra plate.

Hubby and I still go out but now we get one dinner and split it and we ask the staff to do that for us ;) they do it with np. When they ask me what I want to drink I alway ask If they have Coke or Pepsi No matter what one they say I say oh what a shame I'm a diehard so-and-so fan I'll just have Water they never look at me odd at all. We always say I had a late lunch lets split dinner and the staff always does it np at all ;). When we are out with the kids me and my two younger ones split a "big ppl dinner" it's fun for the kids saves me money and the staff this is so sweet. ;) I was sleeved on 9/26/12 and will get a Rny in June.

LoL so true.... It's like you HAVE to have a drink. Even if its Water. I've told them no thank you and they still bring me a glass of water. It's all a learning process trying new foods and all. Take it slow. You don't want to be in a restaurant and get sick o_O.... I've heard of people getting a special card from the doctor so you can order off the kids meals.... I never did that but right after surgery I would just let them know can I have a kids meal because I just has gastric bypass. They were always very understanding. LoL now farther out if I'm with my sis and her kids. My oldest nephew will get the regular meal and ill get his kids meal :-) out with friends. I'll get just a side or share with them. Or some times if I really want a specific food ill just get the full meal and it will be leftovers for a few days :-)

I just order what I want and take it home. I don't do the kids menu becuase it usually is to greasy for me. Life is not over. Just how we approach it. Good luck

I just order what I want and take it home. I don't do the kids menu becuase it usually is to greasy for me. Life is not over. Just how we approach it. Good luck

True

When we eat out we go to regular where places and I order what I want and take everything left over for lunch and dinner.

The last time we went to Olive Garden I ordered salmon and me and my hubby shared first time we actually split but it was huge.

I find it funny the look I get when I order eat a few bites and ask for box. I've been asked several times if I liked it, was everything okay, cooked right. Etc. I just smile and say all was great. :)

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.