Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiya

My date is 17 April. Currently on my pre-op liquid diet. And I have turned into a weird monster person whom I do not know!

I am crying so much, dear goodness!

Is this normal?

I am struggling extremely with the pre-op diet. It doesn't help that I am lactose intolerant and never drank milk or ate yoghurt. Now it is basically all I am having. Plus I stopped smoking cold turkey on 1 January. I am craving those damn cigarettes! It is making me crazy.

ALSO, I am using only a third of my anti-depressants dosage daily (the doctor wants me to use much less, also in preperation for after the op, when I can only drink a valium syrupy tipe thing). My tablets is slow release, so I won't be able to even crush it. So I am weaning my system off it gradually, but I think it is happening too fast perhaps.

Any of you so emotional? It is cold and rainy where I am. And Aunty Flo came to visit since yesterday (after she has been missing in action for MONTHS)! belly aches so badly!!!!

I want to cry all the time.

Dammit!

I'm currently 1 week in on a 2 week liquid diet! Started the diet the day I started my period! I feel you girl!! I'm not pre op yet, but I'm also emotional all over the place!!!!!!!!!!! I snap at everybody!! I went off on a guy yesterday on the phone because he couldn't understand what I wanted! I'm still on my Prozac though. My Dr. hasn't said anything about weaning me off it. So, all I can say is STAY STRONG!!!!

Let me say I completely understand. This pre-op has got me snapping at everyone around me. I haven't lost much weight in the last week due to friggin Aunt Flow showing up outta nowhere, and that is making me want to cry everyday.

We have been eating healthy as a household for about 3 months preparing for my surgery, but I caught my husband hiding KFC and eating chicken wings like a crackhead because he is starving since I don't have the will to cook without being able to eat, too. Poor man is losing more weight than I am!!!

I did great the first week, now I am drooling at every commercial on TV and am craving solid food. I am trying to stay strong by counting down the days but it is really hard. I practically had to choke down the shakes today. I have meds that I have to take, and it is hard to get those down too. I empathize completely.

bwhahahaha, hiding kfc like a crack addict!! hahaha! yes my poor partner is also suffering ;-) hehehe

Do not get me started on the commercials on TV. !!!

HOPEFULLY I will have a big loss at the end of the week, as this fool Flo has me not losing weight and I am trying my darndest with this liquid diet.

I picked up weight since 4/5 months ago when I went for my first Doctor's appointment, as I stopped smoking, and that was TOUGH AS HELL!

Almost back to the weight I was and praying that I am a few pounds under by next week. Oh dear God I am so scared the Doctor throws me out!

I did the best I could! Oi joi.

Crkrjax76 - i had to laugh when I read about your phone call yesterday, the same happened to me! Poor guy on the phone, I really gave it to him, a little monster I was!

Shame, the poor guy.

I did apologise later and was very nice to him but dammit, it is the medical aid with which I have been struggling for 2 weeks to get some service from them!

wait I have to work a bit, talk again soon ladies.

Good luck and stay strong!

Lmfao o m g I laughed my ass off at yall!! And ur husband Lmao u gonna catch him doing back street undercover deals Lmao.

I was the same way but I had last supper syndrome. I ate Mexican food and I'm not kidding I think I ordered one of everything and ate and ate and ate. Then my friends threw a big bbq for my surgery and I drank like a fish and remember log rolling down a hill on post yelling at my GI buddies only fluffys can get speed like that o.O then took a bath w all my clothed on and puked on my foot. ..ppl u are drunk when u puke on ur own foot and u go ..well damn. I'm tellin ya I was a mess. LoL listening to yall reminded me of so much of what I went through. Then the day of surgery they left me alone in pre op and I was paniced so bad I thought about bailing. LoL I swear our minds at times can be horrible to live with. Yall hang in there and in two yrs we will look back and laugh our asses off at this stuff.

I almost pee on my self with the KFC lmbo that was so damn funny!