Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, did I hurt my pouch?

Okay, I know I'm a newbie to the pouch thing. Here's what happened.

I knew I didn't get my Water all in yesterday. I made a glass before bed and was sitting here drinking it. I don't know how much I drank in the 30 minutes before bed but I was just sipping. A lot, though. My pouch felt full and I was worried I'd overdone it. This morning I wake up and my pouch hurts and I'm nauseous Could I have hurt my pouch with too much water? I didn't chug or guzzle it. I took 5 sips this morning because I'm super thirsty and 2 of them came back up. I haven't spit anything up until this.

Should I call my surgeon? What could it be? I'm scared.

I don't think I got in enough liquids either. My surgery was Wednesday are you eating yet and if so what are you eating, I think your pouch is ok

Help with taking medicine! Ibcrush my meds but taking them with little bites of yogurt or applesauce isn't good enough it almost makes me barf!! Any ideas??

Okay' date=' I know I'm a newbie to the pouch thing. Here's what happened.

I knew I didn't get my Water all in yesterday. I made a glass before bed and was sitting here drinking it. I don't know how much I drank in the 30 minutes before bed but I was just sipping. A lot, though. My pouch felt full and I was worried I'd overdone it. This morning I wake up and my pouch hurts and I'm nauseous Could I have hurt my pouch with too much Water? I didn't chug or guzzle it. I took 5 sips this morning because I'm super thirsty and 2 of them came back up. I haven't spit anything up until this.

Should I call my surgeon? What could it be? I'm scared.[/quote']

I think your fine vomit is ok as long as not all day everyday , or at least that's my understanding. I have overdone eating like Tomato soup! My stomach hurt for a long time !

I'm eating full liquid still. Yesterday I did yogurt and ricotta mixed with spaghetti sauce. I thinned it out with chicken broth. I also eat refrained Beans that way.

And thanks y'all. I'm freaking out

Okay, I know I'm a newbie to the pouch thing. Here's what happened.

I knew I didn't get my Water all in yesterday. I made a glass before bed and was sitting here drinking it. I don't know how much I drank in the 30 minutes before bed but I was just sipping. A lot, though. My pouch felt full and I was worried I'd overdone it. This morning I wake up and my pouch hurts and I'm nauseous Could I have hurt my pouch with too much Water? I didn't chug or guzzle it. I took 5 sips this morning because I'm super thirsty and 2 of them came back up. I haven't spit anything up until this.

Should I call my surgeon? What could it be? I'm scared.

The spaghetti sauce is acidic. That might have irritated your pouch too. Remember, there are big incisions in there. My dr has me on very bland foods and an acid reducer. I can't have spaghetti sauce until week 4. That combination might have been a little much for your pouch to handle. I'm also not sure that would qualify as a liquid, I'd think ricotta and yogurt would fall into the pureed category. I know greek yogurt was week 2 for me. I would go back to just liquids with 1 ingredient and bland and give your pouch a rest. And lots of water. It should settle back down.

It doesn't sound to me like u did damage but it sounds like its just irritated. Can you take some pepto or a acid blocker? Try that if u can.

Also, can't remember who asked about medicine. If your able to what I did with Medicine is I asked for liquid medication and then paid to Flavor it. Those rx u can't get in liquid I would put in applesauce and do like a chaser of a drink. I always did a sip of soy milk. Be quick at it like spoon then SIP-swallow. That's what helped me and make sure u rinse ur mouth after medication. I was on antibiotics liquid and didn't do this and it caused thrush in my mouth severe.

Hope that helps yall. I feel for ya bc I've been there.

((Hugs))

Thank goodness ya'll think it's okay. I've got zantac to take and I'll do that right now. I'll go down to broth and Protein Drinks for a few days. I'm not getting enough Protein anyway and see if that helps.

I'm not sure I can crush zantac?

I'm not sure I can crush zantac?

They ale a chewable Zantac too

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

Okay, called my pharmacy. Both my zantac and my percocet can be crushed, cut or dissolved. :) I'm going to go on my broth and Atkins shakes today and tomorrow. I'll continue until my pouch is better.