Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Excuse me when I had the sleeve yes I had ice chips best thing ever but just had bypass and my Dr. Who is top in my state said ice causes spasms and it makes sense ' date=' I was only sharing[/quote']

I had bypass as well. Our doctors all follow different plans and have different rules. Mine lets me have ice.

I had bypass as well. Our doctors all follow different plans and have different rules. Mine lets me have ice.

Ice was the only thing I could have the first day

9 days out today. Walking 2 miles per day. Hoping to be up to 3 miles by this time next week. I'm down 10 lbs since my surgery day weight. Went for my follow up on Monday, doc says all looks good. He said wait until 3-4 months out and I'll really be excited about my results! I'm off all meds!! Blood sugar & blood pressure are normal....Yay!! I had the surgery mainly to get my blood sugar & blood pressure under control since I only have 1 kidney. So far it has worked!!

HW: 320 CW: 275 GW: 175 WLS: 4/30/13

I had a reversal may 3 sleeve to bypass and ice chips are a big no no for bypass causes spasms in yr stomach what surgery did u have

Ice chips were the first thing i got to have when i was cleared of any leaks. Just going along with what Dr. said i could do :)

Me too!

9 days out today. Walking 2 miles per day. Hoping to be up to 3 miles by this time next week. I'm down 10 lbs since my surgery day weight. Went for my follow up on Monday' date=' doc says all looks good. He said wait until 3-4 months out and I'll really be excited about my results! I'm off all meds!! Blood sugar & blood pressure are normal....Yay!! I had the surgery mainly to get my blood sugar & blood pressure under control since I only have 1 kidney. So far it has worked!!

HW: 320 CW: 275 GW: 175 WLS: 4/30/13[/quote']

Glad everything is going good for you! In 6 months we will all be excited and I can't wait. Hope you keep doing well.

Thats me! i trust my dr and he knows whats best for me and thats great you trust yours im sure he knows what he is doing too! I am on the way to my drs now a little freaked cause i dont know what to expect my hubby says it looks good and isnt draining as much but it is closing a little so.im hoping he doesnt have to reopen it at all!

Good luck. Looks like we are one day apart. I go in tomorrow. Hope all is well for u

I'm so ready for some veggies I'm craving them soooo bad!!!! I want them bad!!! Made eggplant park for the family think its mushy enough???

Call me a rebel but so was I!!! Today make 3 wks post op. I couldn't take it anymore!!! So I went to this great Mexican good place in my town and order a small albondigas Soup. Big chunk of carrots and meatballs with rice. They were perfectly soft. I made sure I chewed really good and drank the broth too. Sooo yummy. I did fine. I know it was too soon but I did it.

Surgery date 4/18/13 @ 7:30 am SW 316 CW 291 GW 150

Call me a rebel but so was I!!! Today make 3 wks post op. I couldn't take it anymore!!! So I went to this great Mexican good place in my town and order a small albondigas Soup. Big chunk of carrots and meatballs with rice. They were perfectly soft. I made sure I chewed really good and drank the broth too. Sooo yummy. I did fine. I know it was too soon but I did it.

I don't think you are too soon at all! ;) I was told yesterday I could progress to anything and I'm 17 days post op. Carrots, meatball is good. How did the rice sit?? It is on my list to have, but said may be difficult to handle. Any Mexican food makes me hungry, but I think you made a good choice! Not like it was a deep fried chimichanga! ;)

Same here

Just left my Drs for my 3 week check up which was actually this past Tuesday jut he wasnt in the office.....so i was excited cuz i thought i was gonna be put on soft foods but nope im now able to have pureed food only :( like baby food consistency ughhhh over 3 weeks and no food and now i have to have mush im so aggravated and i prob shouldnt be but really thought id at least be able to have fish or other soft foods my dr has to be the STRICTEST dr ever so now im on my way home to .puree something YUM....lol

Oh yeah on the plus side im down 24lbs and he said my incision looked much better and should close on its own now

That sounds yummy

I don't think you are too soon at all! ;) I was told yesterday I could progress to anything and I'm 17 days post op. Carrots, meatball is good. How did the rice sit?? It is on my list to have, but said may be difficult to handle. Any Mexican food makes me hungry, but I think you made a good choice! Not like it was a deep fried chimichanga! ;)

I guess you could say i'm a rebel too cause i've been experimenting with different soft foods for a more than a few days now. I'm not cleared for soft foods until Monday...Oh well, i'm doing good with refried Beans, mashed potatoes and crackers. Going to try Chilie tonight. My pouch gets angry when it's empty and Water seems to maker it angrier!

Has anybody had trouble with crystal light everytime I try it it hurts my pouch everytime its so weird referring to my stomach as a pouch

They gave us bottles of crystal light with our meals in the hospital and I did great with it then, but I haven't tried since. I have read that a bunch of people are having trouble with it, though.