Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

is anybody afraid of turning anorexic im scared of food tonight was my first real meal and I have been cleared to have food for over a week now I have had nibbles of stuff but thats it tonight I had 1/4 if a cup of meat loaf

I am with you.

Blue shirt day before surgery - black/brown shirt today :-) I'm down 27 inches all over :-)

Oh wow I can really see the difference your looking great :-)

is anybody afraid of turning anorexic im scared of food tonight was my first real meal and I have been cleared to have food for over a week now I have had nibbles of stuff but thats it tonight I had 1/4 if a cup of meat loaf

I am think about that stuff all the time

Thanks y'all! I feel awesome! I've hit another plateau and the pictures help me :-) I'm down 32 pounds and 27 inches all over. Surgery was April 12th

That sounds normal until you figure out what will and won't bother your pouch. I usually eat 1/2 cup at a time though. My pouch seems bigger than some people's.

My nut told me today that I should be eating no more than 1/2 cup per meal, so you are right on. Sometimes I can do that and sometimes its too much.

Does anyone kind of taste stomach acid when they vomit? I vomited for the first time...just a little bit of food and *THIS IS NASTY SO SORRY* lots of slime...avocado and I don't get along apparently and it tasted a bit like vomit. I thought I wasn't supposed to taste bile anymore? I still feel kind of bad...but it's the first time I've vomited and I've been eating fine. So I'm not in pain or constantly sick...I don't even usually feel nauseous...like ever.

Has anyone else tasted this? Should I be worried?

I understand. I'm flat terrified of food.

Thanks y'all! I feel awesome! I've hit another plateau and the pictures help me :-) I'm down 32 pounds and 27 inches all over. Surgery was April 12th

Wow, looking awesome! I wish I would've measured beforehand!

I guess I'm a slow loser....dang it! I was excited to lose 17 lbs@ 2 weeks but now it has been 4 weeks and I've lost 20. Anyone around that number?

Make me feel better! Haha

I guess I'm a slow loser....dang it! I was excited to lose 17 lbs@ 2 weeks but now it has been 4 weeks and I've lost 20. Anyone around that number?

My nut just said today to make sure you get all your Protein and water! If I stall for awhile, I should up the protein. Are you getting enough??

20 pounds in 4 weeks is awesome. I got a stomach bug this weekend so it kind of "excelled" my weight loss lol- ok so it wasn't fun but now I feel good :-)

Wow' date=' looking awesome! I wish I would've measured beforehand![/quote']

Dorian - the only reason I measured was because I hired a personal trainer and she measured me :-)

I'm on week five now and I'm down 17 lbs from

Right before surgery. I'm not counting the Water weight I gained in the hospital. I am also a slow loser ;)

My nut just said today to make sure you get all your Protein and water! If I stall for awhile' date=' I should up the protein. Are you getting enough??[/quote']

I have been getting 60g a day since I went to stage 2 (2 days post op) I have been getting around 80 the past few days. I just started soft foods today. I also get my water...and walk about 3 miles (an hour) a day.

I have been getting 60g a day since I went to stage 2 (2 days post op) I have been getting around 80 the past few days. I just started soft foods today. I also get my water...and walk about 3 miles (an hour) a day.

Seems like you are doing everything just right. Hope it picks up for you! :(