Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Having a lot of trouble sleeping tonight...not because of pain though. Maybe because I slept for five hours during surgery and post-op.... Definitely bored' date=' reading is still difficult-having trouble concentrating for vey long. I won't be going home until Wednesday evening.

they gave me a scopolamine patch for nausea even before the surgery, so I'm sure that's keeping me comfortable. my tummy is starting to make some Grumbling noises which is oddly comforting. I also have a drain in and I can't wait to get it and my catheter out![/quote']

The cath came out my second day at swallow test and the drain tube the last day before discharge! It did not hurt but felt funny! And after that was out I felt so much better. That is we're most of the discomfort was coming from. I did take some liquid pain meds a little before it was taken out to ca me down. The grumble was the only way I knew my tummy was still there! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I cannot wait to drink something! Hopefully right after my EGD which is scheduled for 8am )30ore min). Over 24 hours with no Water and my mouth is like a desert!

On the losers bench! Any idea how much I should be getting to walk? The morphine is keeping me asleep.

Lou, be careful if your pain meds are making you dizzy, you don't want to fall. You will want to check with your doctor, but mine wanted me moving around as much as i could to avoid blood clots and get the plumbing working. The evening after my surgery I was walking around with the nurses assistant. I came home 2 days later and have been walking 4-6 blocks a day. I break it up into chunks but try to push myself a little further each day. Hang in there it gets better each day!

K. Last night I walked one short lap in the wing I'm in. This morning I did the long lap twice. If I feel dizzy I stop. I don't think I'm going to.fall....

Lou, be careful if your pain meds are making you dizzy, you don't want to fall. You will want to check with your doctor, but mine wanted me moving around as much as i could to avoid blood clots and get the plumbing working. The evening after my surgery I was walking around with the nurses assistant. I came home 2 days later and have been walking 4-6 blocks a day. I break it up into chunks but try to push myself a little further each day. Hang in there it gets better each day!

When do you get your energy back? I will be 1 week out tomorrow. Just taking a shower zaps me. I've been trying to walk each day, I'm not getting my Protein in yet, the Doc told me just to worry about the fluids right now that protein will come. I don't know. I think I'm a little down with the blues too.

Losers bench!! Wow! It's my first post for post oppers. I can't believe I'm here. Well it sounds like everyone is doing well. I will be going home most likely tonight. I'm up and walking and drinking my 2 tablespoons every 15 minutes. Well congrats to everyone on this side! Glad to be here.

Congrats!

When do you get your energy back? I will be 1 week out tomorrow. Just taking a shower zaps me. I've been trying to walk each day, I'm not getting my Protein in yet, the Doc told me just to worry about the fluids right now that protein will come. I don't know. I think I'm a little down with the blues too.

Everyone is different, just hang in there! I am 6 days out from surgery, and each day gets better!! Remember you just had major surgery, and you will require time to heal properly. Follow doc's instructions and get your rest. This too will pass. All the best!

Today was a good day for me. Still struggling to get my Protein in but they called me today and said it will all eventually happen. The first bit its difficult and overwhelming till u get on schedule and organized. My energy is starting to get up again and each day I feel abit more better. So happy to finally be on the losers bench. How is everyone else doing? Are u getting enough liquids into you and taking all ur Vitamins? I love hearing everyones storys :-) you all are such an inspiration and great motivators!

surgery date - Apr 5th/2013 9am

Yay!! I'm allowed to have Water and they are taking out my catheter!

Yay!! I'm allowed to have Water and they are taking out my catheter!

I had no catheter at all or drain tube. And they had me up drinking Water as soon as I was in my own room after surgery. Seems its done so differently between here and there lol as long as the outcome is the same I guess that's what matters! Congrats on being able to drink! It tastes soooo good doesn't it lol

surgery date - Apr 5th/2013 9am