Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Finally diet advanced to puréed foods from Clear Liquids. The first thing I have had in a week that I couldn't see thru. It's a hard boiled egg chopped up fine in my magic bullet. Tis is the best thing I have ever eaten. Lol. I wish I felt like exercising. I am still on the losers bench down 37.2 pounds. But I know I have to start exercising soon. I am feel that by finally advancing my diet to more than clear liquids maybe I will get some energy back. Good luck to everyone

A hard boiled egg sounds about like the best thing ever right about now! ;)

Will have to drive to the gym tomorrow to walk. We have ice and snow all over and being 5 days post op i sure am not risking it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

I guess I should count my blessings down here in Texas that I can go outside right now. I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio so I remember cold snowy winters well and thank god I don't have them anymore! Be careful out there!

Well I have only read a couple of your comments and feel that you are not sounding supportive at all. Maybe you have poor communicative skills I don't know.

Surgery date 4/18/13 @ 7:30 am

Please elaborate on how my comments were either non supportive or how I lack communicative skills? You seem to be the ONLY one offended by my comments. Is it because I asked discouraged individuals what they were doing as far as exercise? Or was it because I advised them to stay off the scale? Or was it my "hard work pays off" comment? I'm confused? Instead of making reference to my communication skills, take a moment and think about your response....

I'm required to walk 25-45 minutes a day but that's all I've been cleared for. I'm not up to 45 minutes yet. Makes me feel ill. It's back to work on Monday, I work full time and only had 3 weeks off, but the notion remains the same. Calories in and calories out is dietician 101. You would think it would take more to run my body than the 500 calories I manage to choke down. If that. In my opinion.

I've been doing 45 minutes a day, but only in 15 minute increments. so I do 15 in the morning, afternoon and evening. I probably could go a bit longer, but I don't want to push it. Are you still taking pain meds? I switched over to OTC Tylenol a couple times a day and that seems to work pretty well.

Okay, is anyone else sore? I'm super sore right at my belly button. I'm worried I've got a hernia or something there. Also, how many had their surgeon send home a binder or have bought a binder? Did it help at all? I think one would. If you do have a binder, what brand? If you bought one, where?

I'm not too sore anymore. Just very mild discomfort when I'm wearing a stupid underwire bra and sitting down it kinda jabs me in the stomach. Really bumpy roads in the car aren't very fun either. My doc never said anything about a binder and I didn't get one.

I'm not too sore anymore. Just very mild discomfort when I'm wearing a stupid underwire bra and sitting down it kinda jabs me in the stomach. Really bumpy roads in the car aren't very fun either. My doc never said anything about a binder and I didn't get one.

I agree the bumpy roads aren't fun. I did get a binder at the hospital that they said to wear when I'm up and walking and I did the first week but don't think it's necessary anymore. Mine was really uncomfortable and kind of hard to breathe in.

I agree the bumpy roads aren't fun. I did get a binder at the hospital that they said to wear when I'm up and walking and I did the first week but don't think it's necessary anymore. Mine was really uncomfortable and kind of hard to breathe in.

Never got one either, barely used my pillow on the way home so it would be a waste of money on my end.

Joined the losers side 4/11/2013

I never got a binder but one of the nurses suggested if I wanted some extra "pressure" support whatever you want to call it, that the firm up panties (I have no idea what they're called lol) were really good. I haven't needed anything though. I've had very minimal soreness :-)

Just had my first matrix cookie mint shake since pre op. Still tastes just as good. Plus the 23 grams of Protein helps.

My favorite so far!

This is where you can see the difference in doctors! Vanna and I had surgery the same day. I can't have "soft" foods for 3 more weeks!

I still have to make it through one week of "liquids" and then two weeks of "pureed". :-(

I was 5 days liquids then soft foods til 4-6 weeks then stage three at 4-6 weeks

I was 5 days liquids then soft foods til 4-6 weeks then stage three at 4-6 weeks

What is your stage 3?

My stage 3 IS soft foods. Lol

Mines pretty much mostly all ground hmbuger/turkey veggies fruits same as soft but alot more options on it

Please elaborate on how my comments were either non supportive or how I lack communicative skills? You seem to be the ONLY one offended by my comments. Is it because I asked discouraged individuals what they were doing as far as exercise? Or was it because I advised them to stay off the scale? Or was it my "hard work pays off" comment? I'm confused? Instead of making reference to my communication skills' date=' take a moment and think about your response....[/quote']

I didnt like how that came out either but everyone has a opinion so we just got to take it or leave it no fussing

Please elaborate on how my comments were either non supportive or how I lack communicative skills? You seem to be the ONLY one offended by my comments. Is it because I asked discouraged individuals what they were doing as far as exercise? Or was it because I advised them to stay off the scale? Or was it my "hard work pays off" comment? I'm confused? Instead of making reference to my communication skills' date=' take a moment and think about your response....[/quote']

I have a little more class than being bluntly rude just because you did come across harsh. When the situation rises i speak my mind. There have been people that come on here being know it alls calling people names and acting all dramaish. I'm sorry i graduated high school a very long time ago and also deal with it with my daughters from time to time. Not going to happen here. Now let's all move in from here on a positive note. Welcome, we share three same date, and hope you are doing well. :)