Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I'm seriously gonna have to do something. I was out at a hibachi place and I was shocked when I realized what I wolfed down. I'm not even sick really. Had a bit of the foamies. Crazy and scary. I feel embarrassed and ashamed!!

I physically cant eat that much at all at a sitting. I get full fast but then an hour later im looking for something again! I have been good so far but it is getting harder. I keep beef Jerky and cheese around for this reason. I figure that if im gonna eat again, at least it will have good Protein. It is sure hard work!

Oh I'm happy with the loss. Hey I would of never lost 14 in two weeks then another 80 in four months on my own. I Think have at least five pounds of compaction in me! I would give anything for sum runs

HW 358 SW 344 CW 264 ARNY 4/11/2013

I took a double dose of Miralax yesterday and still have the runs! Not good! ;)

So my daughter made homemade lasagna and then the girls made homemade empanadas with the mom in law. Cherry and apple! Talk about needing self control around here! We normally wouldnt have sweets but the mom in law wants to teach her granddaughters. It is nice to see but I wish someone would come take the goodies away! My daughter bought pecans and I told her to put it in all of the empanadas since im allergic to pecans. That is one way for me to stay away! Whatever works huh??!!

I have been having some swelling lately. I wake up and hands, fingers, legs and feet are puffy. I thought my bp was maybe high but it is good. I have taken a Water pill for a few days but I still wake up that way. Any idea what could be going on?? Anyone else have this. I had a hysterectomy so its not period related.

So my daughter made homemade lasagna and then the girls made homemade empanadas with the mom in law. Cherry and apple! Talk about needing self control around here! We normally wouldnt have sweets but the mom in law wants to teach her granddaughters. It is nice to see but I wish someone would come take the goodies away! My daughter bought pecans and I told her to put it in all of the empanadas since im allergic to pecans. That is one way for me to stay away! Whatever works huh??!!

I have been having some swelling lately. I wake up and hands' date=' fingers, legs and feet are puffy. I thought my bp was maybe high but it is good. I have taken a Water pill for a few days but I still wake up that way. Any idea what could be going on?? Anyone else have this. I had a hysterectomy so its not period related.[/quote']

My thyroid issues make me swell. But also how is your salt intake?

I have been having some swelling lately. I wake up and hands' date=' fingers, legs and feet are puffy. I thought my bp was maybe high but it is good. I have taken a Water pill for a few days but I still wake up that way. Any idea what could be going on?? Anyone else have this. I had a hysterectomy so its not period related.[/quote']

That was a wonderful idea about the pecans! I'm so screwed up. I wonder if my pouch is even "pouch sized" anymore? I hope I didn't stretch this bad boy out.

Idk. Is it humid out? I swell in the summer if I'm outside alot but it's usually the humidity. That or my salt intake in summer. Glad it isn't your bp tho. That's one positive.

I'm nervous because I don't have problems with anything. I eat chicken' date=' beef and pork. Sweets don't bother me. It's odd.[/quote']

I'm the same way. Sweets don't bother me, but meat is off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

My thyroid issues make me swell. But also how is your salt intake?

I probably use too much salt but no different from before surgery. I was just pushed on my arms too and they stay indentex. This is pitting edema I think. Gonna have to google! I should probably make a dr appt this week.

That was a wonderful idea about the pecans! I'm so screwed up. I wonder if my pouch is even "pouch sized" anymore? I hope I didn't stretch this bad boy out.

Idk. Is it humid out? I swell in the summer if I'm outside alot but it's usually the humidity. That or my salt intake in summer. Glad it isn't your bp tho. That's one positive.

Hasnt been humid this week but its coming big time starting tomorrow. That could be it. I usually get a terrible headache in the humidity. Guess I'll just keep an eye on it for a few days and keep taking the Water pill. Could be something simple!

I probably use too much salt but no different from before surgery. I was just pushed on my arms too and they stay indentex. This is pitting edema I think. Gonna have to google! I should probably make a dr appt this week.

Unsolicited medical advice (remember, you get what you pay for) yes, pitting edema is when you push and the indentation stays. Fairly common in legs (gravity is evil) not so common above the waist. It definitely needs further investigation ASAP. If you're noticing significant SOB or chest pain I'd recommend ER.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6

Im sure your pouch is fine. Dont stress and just keep an eye on what you eat. Measure again if that helps.

I was told 4-6 oz each meal....after a year the max will be 9 oz. I have to stop snacking! My full feeling does not last long either :/ I just ate a whole chicken breast and a small corn on the cob. Meaty Proteins stay with me longer than anything else. Hoping to get through the rest of the night without snacking!

How many ounces (weighed on the scale) are all of you able to do? I always thought i could eat too much too. Also, do y'all weigh or measure your ounces?

!!! Major milestone met. I'm so happy!! Any weight lost after this is all uncharted territory' date=' lol. Those pants are a 13/14. I don't remember the last time I wore this size! =)

HW- 290, SW (4/8/13) - 270.6, CW - 190!![/quote']

Omg congrats u look great

SW 363lbs Surg Date 4/16/2013 CW 291lbs

!!! Major milestone met. I'm so happy!! Any weight lost after this is all uncharted territory' date=' lol. Those pants are a 13/14. I don't remember the last time I wore this size! =)

HW- 290, SW (4/8/13) - 270.6, CW - 190!![/quote']

Omg congrats u look great

I read that Silica Complex by Puritans Pride really works?? Here is the link for the article I read. Actually the whole website has some good infor for post gastric bypass. ;)

http://www.livingafterwls.com/Library/Hair%20Loss.html#featured

Thanks ill check it out