Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Just wanted to say that you guys are so awesome. Definitely my best source of support other than hubby! I really really think we should seriously try to meet sometime somewhere! You have helped me so much in so many ways! Much love and many hugs to you guys! I did sleep for a couple hours after first post and am feeling better.

So.. am I the only one in this April group who doesn't feel hungry or full still?

I know everyone is different and takes awhile for nerves to come back but Im not hungry ever, or EVER ever feel a slight fullness. I still measure and eat when Im suppose to since I dont have any feeling down there..

Anybody with me? Kinda scares me. ;)

i am never hungry have to remind myself to eat and my feeling of full is different than before. Before when ever I felt full could keep eating what ever I wanted now after a few bites my full is stop now or pay later kinda feeling.

I'm not a big drinker but I'm craving it prob cause I can't have it lol I have about a half a glass left in a bottle in my fridge I'm tempted but too chicken lol

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 308lbs

I hear ya! Tell me not to and I want to even more:)

Just wanted to say that you guys are so awesome. Definitely my best source of support other than hubby! I really really think we should seriously try to meet sometime somewhere! You have helped me so much in so many ways! Much love and many hugs to you guys! I did sleep for a couple hours after first post and am feeling better.

Glad u got a bit of rest. Pain and lack of sleep can make everything in life suck. Hope today continues well for u!

Dang it woman. Rest and elevate your leg. Ice it.

Feel better soon .

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 202#

Thanks. I hurt this one before several years back and have just dealt with it. I think it's done for now.

Aww I'm sorry honey. Hope things look up for u. I also feel u guys are all I have to vent to also. I really hope the whole ssi comes through for u. I really hope the dr can get u fixed up soon. I can't imagine living with constant pain every single day..I'm being a baby about my knee so I definitely would be in trouble. I'm always here if u ever need to talk. U can even fb or text me. U are such a sweet sweet soul and inspire us here. Hope things look up for u soon. We love u here!!

Dorian...message me if you want...I definitely get chronic pain

I need to vent. I am so sorry I haven't been upbeat lately. I'm overwhelmed. My husband just had his foot surgery a month ago and now is back mobile having tons of pain. His f/u the biopsy said they removed only half the nerve and part of a cyst. They need to go back in and remove the rest of the nerve. I have a torn meniscus in my rt knee previously but it had enough scar tissue I didn't have surgery 5yrs ago now I've hurt it all over again. I can't bear alot of weight on it. He is also having to go to retrain as he can no longer continue with the flying his job requires. That leaves us up in the air just knowing we are gonna be forced to pcs(relocate) to another base. We have no idea where it remotely can be or even when other than it can be as short as possibly 3 months from now. I've just started this job with hospice and am quiet content with it. I'm so overwhelmed with it all. We now are talking about getting our house we just had built on the market and ready to sell.

I've had to pull most of the weight around here physically and the idea of him immobile cause severe pain leaves me dreading the fact the military will make him have to get his foot fixed ASAP. I have little chance to worry about my own injury. I'm feeling selfish and just worn out. I've spent most of the day in tears trying to be positive when everything feels so outta control. I haven't broke it to my family yet we are moving cause why set them up to be all upset when I don't have concrete details to tell them? My baby sister is 24 and is brain damaged from a blood clot to her brain 2 years ago from BC pills..she is the one I wrote about here in my get to know me bit..she has thrown another clot. I hate the idea any day could be her last and I may not get there if something happens. Sorry so long and sorry to just unload..I just felt it all welling up inside. Apparently my friends are too busy with lives of their own now to talk much. I just feel weary.

You have a lot going on girl! It sucks that you are both in pain and that you are having to deal with doing everything physically when you arent well yourself. Even though I cant do anything to help I will listen as you vent! I totally understand what you are going through by having your life in such limbo as you know! I guess you need to take one day at a time and take it as it comes. Hope things begin to look up for you.

I need to vent. I am so sorry I haven't been upbeat lately. I'm overwhelmed. My husband just had his foot surgery a month ago and now is back mobile having tons of pain. His f/u the biopsy said they removed only half the nerve and part of a cyst. They need to go back in and remove the rest of the nerve. I have a torn meniscus in my rt knee previously but it had enough scar tissue I didn't have surgery 5yrs ago now I've hurt it all over again. I can't bear alot of weight on it. He is also having to go to retrain as he can no longer continue with the flying his job requires. That leaves us up in the air just knowing we are gonna be forced to pcs(relocate) to another base. We have no idea where it remotely can be or even when other than it can be as short as possibly 3 months from now. I've just started this job with hospice and am quiet content with it. I'm so overwhelmed with it all. We now are talking about getting our house we just had built on the market and ready to sell.

I've had to pull most of the weight around here physically and the idea of him immobile cause severe pain leaves me dreading the fact the military will make him have to get his foot fixed ASAP. I have little chance to worry about my own injury. I'm feeling selfish and just worn out. I've spent most of the day in tears trying to be positive when everything feels so outta control. I haven't broke it to my family yet we are moving cause why set them up to be all upset when I don't have concrete details to tell them? My baby sister is 24 and is brain damaged from a blood clot to her brain 2 years ago from BC pills..she is the one I wrote about here in my get to know me bit..she has thrown another clot. I hate the idea any day could be her last and I may not get there if something happens. Sorry so long and sorry to just unload..I just felt it all welling up inside. Apparently my friends are too busy with lives of their own now to talk much. I just feel weary.

You need massive (((((hugs))))) I only have my husband and girls plus one ex Co worker to talk to where I live, but my friends said it was my choice to move. Yes it was, I did not want to split my family up due to my husbands job. So it sucks when you have no one to vent to. This site is my main venting and support. Yes my friends support me but when your almost seven hours away its not like I can just jump in the car and run to my best friends salon.

Yes that's it. My husband got upset with me tonight with my crying convinced I'm gonna leave him cause of all of this and how I'm scared. That's never even crossed my mind but fear of everything that feels so outta control. Simple stuff like getting set up god knows where with my nursing license is crazy. This yard being cared for and getting the house prepped..I have nobody to help me with this yard and my house is too big for me to manage with working and everything else. Feeling like I could cut my knee off to make it better and wondering how on earth I'm gonna do this stuff. I've never had to move like this. I've only lived in 2 areas my whole life. The military life is still kinda new as we have only been married 3 years yesterday. It's hard having someone tell u where to go and when but I knew this marrying him. I'm so glad I have u guys. I talk to my hubby but right now there is so much more he can't understand going on. I'm just scared. Thanks for listening

Yes that's it. My husband got upset with me tonight with my crying convinced I'm gonna leave him cause of all of this and how I'm scared. That's never even crossed my mind but fear of everything that feels so outta control. Simple stuff like getting set up god knows where with my nursing license is crazy. This yard being cared for and getting the house prepped..I have nobody to help me with this yard and my house is too big for me to manage with working and everything else. Feeling like I could cut my knee off to make it better and wondering how on earth I'm gonna do this stuff. I've never had to move like this. I've only lived in 2 areas my whole life. The military life is still kinda new as we have only been married 3 years yesterday. It's hard having someone tell u where to go and when but I knew this marrying him. I'm so glad I have u guys. I talk to my hubby but right now there is so much more he can't understand going on. I'm just scared. Thanks for listening

((((((Hugs))))))) I wish we were closer in Florida. Im in jacksonville. I seem to remember you saying you were in the panhandle? You just need a friend right now. Hang in there we are here for you!

((((((Hugs))))))) I wish we were closer in Florida. Im in jacksonville. I seem to remember you saying you were in the panhandle? You just need a friend right now. Hang in there we are here for you!

Yes I live between Pensacola and Destin. Thank u..I'm so stinking stressed right now. I'm so thankful to have u guys to talk to.

Yes I live between Pensacola and Destin. Thank u..I'm so stinking stressed right now. I'm so thankful to have u guys to talk to.

I was raised in a military family so I get it. Try and pamper yourself and do something for you. I am going back to work in two weeks and already getting nervous. I am a hospital administrator and have a ton of stress in my job. I manage three divisions and the idea of going back is stressing me out. I think I need a job change. Maybe go back to my programming roots ...

I was raised in a military family so I get it. Try and pamper yourself and do something for you. I am going back to work in two weeks and already getting nervous. I am a hospital administrator and have a ton of stress in my job. I manage three divisions and the idea of going back is stressing me out. I think I need a job change. Maybe go back to my programming roots ...

Omg I can only imagine. I work medical so I can imagine the details u have to deal with. Definitely whatever makes u happy! Both are highly sought fields right now so I'm sure u would do great. I like the area u live at..wish we could come but hubs is af not navy or would be a thought. We love FL. The thought of leaving it is hard.

Omg I can only imagine. I work medical so I can imagine the details u have to deal with. Definitely whatever makes u happy! Both are highly sought fields right now so I'm sure u would do great. I like the area u live at..wish we could come but hubs is af not navy or would be a thought. We love FL. The thought of leaving it is hard.

My husband and I both love the panhandle. Too funny. :)

We both work for mayo Clinic and have for 20 years so likely not going anywhere. Lol.