Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I have totally jacked my knee up. I had irritated it and it was sore with my return to running. Yesterday I decided to run across a parking lot to my car as a monsoon of rain was falling and I ended up sliding and not sure what happened. Trying to do the ice/rest method on it but the pulling feeling sucks. I can barely bear weight so exercise is totally out. Totally discouraging to me as I haven't had any great loss even exercising. Now I'm unable to do much of anything. My PCM is quitting his practice so I'm in process of finding a new dr. Sucks.

Keep it up and use ice! Hope it heals up fast for you. :(

I have totally jacked my knee up. I had irritated it and it was sore with my return to running. Yesterday I decided to run across a parking lot to my car as a monsoon of rain was falling and I ended up sliding and not sure what happened. Trying to do the ice/rest method on it but the pulling feeling sucks. I can barely bear weight so exercise is totally out. Totally discouraging to me as I haven't had any great loss even exercising. Now I'm unable to do much of anything. My PCM is quitting his practice so I'm in process of finding a new dr. Sucks.

Dang it woman. Rest and elevate your leg. Ice it.

Feel better soon .

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 202#

Didnt sleep at all last night, AGAIN, so this morning I have a huge headache. It is so hot and humid here this week and that makes my back really hurt for some reason, even when im in the air. I also have a lot on my mind. Im now officially unemployed as my fmla and leave time is all gone. So much for 22 years at a job. Not that I really care cuz only one of my so called friends and coworkers even has bothered to see how I am and keep in touch. I havent even heard from my bff after a few Facebook msgs. I am getting ltd and I have a group helping me with my ssi appeal. My goal long term is to keep losing weight so when I see the surgeon at the end of august, he wont say, " you really need surgery but you are too heavy". I am soooo sick of hearing that and having to continue to live with this damn pain every day. Sorry for the whining this morning but needed to vent. Am having a rare depressed day so far probably due to the fact that I WAS UP ALL NIGHT! Thanks for listening friends! Some days you are the only ones I have and I truly appreciate you all.

Didnt sleep at all last night' date=' AGAIN, so this morning I have a huge headache. It is so hot and humid here this week and that makes my back really hurt for some reason, even when im in the air. I also have a lot on my mind. Im now officially unemployed as my fmla and leave time is all gone. So much for 22 years at a job. Not that I really care cuz only one of my so called friends and coworkers even has bothered to see how I am and keep in touch. I havent even heard from my bff after a few Facebook msgs. I am getting ltd and I have a group helping me with my ssi appeal. My goal long term is to keep losing weight so when I see the surgeon at the end of august, he wont say, " you really need surgery but you are too heavy". I am soooo sick of hearing that and having to continue to live with this damn pain every day. Sorry for the whining this morning but needed to vent. Am having a rare depressed day so far probably due to the fact that I WAS UP ALL NIGHT! Thanks for listening friends! Some days you are the only ones I have and I truly appreciate you all.[/quote']

Sorry you didnt sleep and now you lost your job.

Try to keep your head up. Dont feel super sad. We all lovebyou and want to know how you are.

Try to rest and stay hydrated on these ungodly hot and humid days.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#

Made a really yummy Soup for dinner yesterday in the crockpot. I put in a pound of ground chicken ( you could use ground turkey too) 2 cans of white Beans liquid and all, a chopped finely yellow squash, half a pack of taco seasoning and half a pack of hidden valley ranch fiesta ranch mix ( if you can't find the fiesta one you could use the regular ranch) and about 3/4 of a can of Water. Cooked it all day on low. It was soooo good and Protein packed, lots of Fiber too. If you haven't tried the ground chicken yet, give it a try. It is way easier on the pouch than ground turkey or beef or chicken breast, my favorite protein source. It makes really good moist meatballs and meatloaf too.

Didnt sleep at all last night' date=' AGAIN, so this morning I have a huge headache. It is so hot and humid here this week and that makes my back really hurt for some reason, even when im in the air. I also have a lot on my mind. Im now officially unemployed as my fmla and leave time is all gone. So much for 22 years at a job. Not that I really care cuz only one of my so called friends and coworkers even has bothered to see how I am and keep in touch. I havent even heard from my bff after a few Facebook msgs. I am getting ltd and I have a group helping me with my ssi appeal. My goal long term is to keep losing weight so when I see the surgeon at the end of august, he wont say, " you really need surgery but you are too heavy". I am soooo sick of hearing that and having to continue to live with this damn pain every day. Sorry for the whining this morning but needed to vent. Am having a rare depressed day so far probably due to the fact that I WAS UP ALL NIGHT! Thanks for listening friends! Some days you are the only ones I have and I truly appreciate you all.[/quote']

Awwwww dori I hope things start looking up for you

You just need a huge (((((hug)))))

Wow,that's alot at once. When I'm really hurting,I put a chair in our lake and do modified Water aerobics...lots toning. toning i also do arm reps to build muscle.

Aww I'm sorry honey. Hope things look up for u. I also feel u guys are all I have to vent to also. I really hope the whole ssi comes through for u. I really hope the dr can get u fixed up soon. I can't imagine living with constant pain every single day..I'm being a baby about my knee so I definitely would be in trouble. I'm always here if u ever need to talk. U can even fb or text me. U are such a sweet sweet soul and inspire us here. Hope things look up for u soon. We love u here!!

Aww I'm sorry honey. Hope things look up for u. I also feel u guys are all I have to vent to also. I really hope the whole ssi comes through for u. I really hope the dr can get u fixed up soon. I can't imagine living with constant pain every single day..I'm being a baby about my knee so I definitely would be in trouble. I'm always here if u ever need to talk. U can even fb or text me. U are such a sweet sweet soul and inspire us here. Hope things look up for u soon. We love u here!!

Dorian...message me if you want...I definitely get chronic pain

Chronic pain sucks. In my case surgery on my back in 2011 was a failure for pain wise. I keep asking myself will I ever be done with therapy on my back. I know my checkbook wants it all to end. Speaking of therapy gotta go. Thank God my PT Dr is awesome or I could turn into a evil byotch.

Wow' date='that's alot at once. When I'm really hurting,I put a chair in our lake and do modified Water aerobics...lots toning. toning i also do arm reps to build muscle.[/quote']

Im thinking of trying aqua therapy here in town. It is a rival therapy place from the one I was working at but since im done working there, im free to go! ;) It is the only place in town that has this water therapy. Gonna talk to my pain management dr to see if I can get a referral. I have my mri on thursday so I guess we will have to see what that shows first and if the slip has progressed

Im thinking of trying aqua therapy here in town. It is a rival therapy place from the one I was working at but since im done working there' date=' im free to go! ;) It is the only place in town that has this Water therapy. Gonna talk to my pain management dr to see if I can get a referral. I have my mri on thursday so I guess we will have to see what that shows first and if the slip has progressed. I was also thinking about joining the ymca but it is expensive and I really hate exercising in front of people I know![/quote']

Made a really yummy Soup for dinner yesterday in the crockpot. I put in a pound of ground chicken ( you could use ground turkey too) 2 cans of white Beans liquid and all' date=' a chopped finely yellow squash, half a pack of taco seasoning and half a pack of hidden valley ranch fiesta ranch mix ( if you can't find the fiesta one you could use the regular ranch) and about 3/4 of a can of Water. Cooked it all day on low. It was soooo good and Protein packed, lots of fiber too. If you haven't tried the ground chicken yet, give it a try. It is way easier on the pouch than ground turkey or beef or chicken breast, my favorite protein source. It makes really good moist meatballs and meatloaf too.[/quote']

I use ground chicken alot. I am gonna try this recipe. Sounds delish!

Im thinking of trying aqua therapy here in town. It is a rival therapy place from the one I was working at but since im done working there' date=' im free to go! ;) It is the only place in town that has this Water therapy. Gonna talk to my pain management dr to see if I can get a referral. I have my mri on thursday so I guess we will have to see what that shows first and if the slip has progressed[/quote']

Water therapy is awesome. I have a pass to use the therapy pool on days I'm not on land.