Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

After a depressing couple of days' date=' I am feeling better today. I saw my pain management doctor and she is referring me to another surgeon that I first saw 3 years ago. She thinks it was fishy that the first one changed his plan 360 from what his notes said. She was as dumbfounded as I was, and thought id be having surgery as well. So now back to square one. I have lost over 70 lbs since I first saw this second surgeon, so she thinks he would be worth a try to see if he will help me. I can't see him until the end of august too, so I may be down much more by then. She still doesn't want me working, because I can cause more slippage and I'm already at a high grade 3 out of 5 grades. So as of July 10th I'm out of a job. :( 23 years down the drain. If I can come back within 6 months from the term date, I get my senority back. Don't know if that is a reality, so we will see. I faxed all of this info to LTD and should have an answer next week per the nurse handling my claim. Fingers crossed. Gonna be very hot and humid this weekend here so I plan to stay in the air and read a good book or two. Have a great weekend and thanks for listening to me ramble![/quote']

Good to hear, and your lucky about the seniority some hospitals do not allow that.

I'm Beth...and I'm 49. I got married to my high school sweetheart at 18 and we are still going strong. We have two girls that are grown with families of their own. I have not worked outside the home in 5 years and love being a domestic goddess. My weight spiralled out of control in 2006 after a hysterectomy. We have one Boxer dog named Molly. She is 11 years old now and starting to have medical issues. It's breaking my heart seeing her go from being so vibrant to just wanting to lay around all day. I love garage sales and the Facebook garage sale sites. I like to find old furniture...refinish it and keep it for myself or re-sell it. I also love gardening and getting dirt under my fingernails. My life is pretty boring right now....Just trying to stay focused and get healthy. Love this April group. I don't comment much but i do visit everyday to see how everyone is doing. I can't wait till we are a year out and at goal or near it. Cheers to everyone xoxoxo

I'm enjoying everyone's stories! I guess I will also share: )

My name is Lindsey but most of my family calls me Lou. I'm 25 years old. I've been married for five years. Its been a rough road because he was in the army when we got married and lived in north Carolina and I stayed in Texas to finish college. I would never suggest a long distance marriage to anyone. I would spend summers there but didn't see each other a lot because he deployed three times in four years to Afghanistan. We have been living together now for three years and it's amazing! No kids yet but we have four dogs and occasionally will take in a foster dog which makes five. We have three Pitt mixes and an English bulldog. We only take in Pitt mixes for fostering. We love pittbulls and we have decided to never venture from that breed again because the bulldog is hell... but we still love him. I started the lap band process about three years ago and I never really complained about anything medically or went to the doctor before. So during the process I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high heart rate, depression, anxiety, paranoia, and ocd. I thought everyone felt like I did so I never complained when I was in pain or tired because I thought it was normal. I got the lap band and they cut a nerve so my left leg is numb. My husband wants kids but I don't want to pass on my medical issues. I want to adopt but he doesn't which I weird because he has two adopted siblings he is very close with. I work as a work comp claims adjuster for Texas. It is a high stress and fast paced work environment and everyone thinks your the devil. I promise I'm not though! I was an art major in college so I kind of did a 180. My dogs are pretty much my life and right now I'm trying to set up a pet sitting business so I can get out of insurance. I just have to come up with the money to register an LLC. At this time though I'm going back and forth with the doctors as now they think I have ibs. I'm like the queen of minor medical conditions. That's it for me though. Thanks for reading!

Forgot to add I had revision to rny on 4/8.

I read a few if you had hysterectomy I had my complete hysterectomy when I was 23 and that to is when my weight got out of control

I'm Beth...and I'm 49. I got married to my high school sweetheart at 18 and we are still going strong. We have two girls that are grown with families of their own. I have not worked outside the home in 5 years and love being a domestic goddess. My weight spiralled out of control in 2006 after a hysterectomy. We have one Boxer dog named Molly. She is 11 years old now and starting to have medical issues. It's breaking my heart seeing her go from being so vibrant to just wanting to lay around all day. I love garage sales and the Facebook garage sale sites. I like to find old furniture...refinish it and keep it for myself or re-sell it. I also love gardening and getting dirt under my fingernails. My life is pretty boring right now....Just trying to stay focused and get healthy. Love this April group. I don't comment much but i do visit everyday to see how everyone is doing. I can't wait till we are a year out and at goal or near it. Cheers to everyone xoxoxo

I also love gardening and garage sales

Thank you all for sharing your stories. I love reading them and getting to know you better!! I guess a little about me....

I'm Kelli. I turned 33 on June 5th. I live in Idaho. II am also on my second marriage. Together we have five kids mine are 14 & 12' date=' his are 13, 10 & 7. The four oldest are boys with the youngest being the only girl. We also have an adorable puppy who is like having a 7th child... yes i said 7th because my husband i consider my 6th :)

I am a paralegal and work for the public defenders office. I am specifically assigned to murder cases. Working in death penalty cases has been very interesting but dealing with murder has become extremely difficult at times.

I too had to have a hysterectomy 4 years ago and while I wasn't extremely heavy I was still about 195. They took my ovaries too because there were masses on them as well, and unfortunately it sent me into menopause at 29. With the hysterectomy and the emotional eating (often to try and comfort myself after looking at gruesome pictures or video all day) I reached my highest in January at 272. I made a decision to take care of my weight and mental health. So I committed to the surgery and to counseling.

It's been a tough road but my counseling is amazing and my weight is at 218.

As a Sid note- we love boating and the Water. We go wakeboarding, skiing, tubing etc. almost every weekend. It is my goal by the end of the summer to be able to do it again. :D[/quote']

I would love to do some water sports

After a depressing couple of days' date=' I am feeling better today. I saw my pain management doctor and she is referring me to another surgeon that I first saw 3 years ago. She thinks it was fishy that the first one changed his plan 360 from what his notes said. She was as dumbfounded as I was, and thought id be having surgery as well. So now back to square one. I have lost over 70 lbs since I first saw this second surgeon, so she thinks he would be worth a try to see if he will help me. I can't see him until the end of august too, so I may be down much more by then. She still doesn't want me working, because I can cause more slippage and I'm already at a high grade 3 out of 5 grades. So as of July 10th I'm out of a job. :( 23 years down the drain. If I can come back within 6 months from the term date, I get my senority back. Don't know if that is a reality, so we will see. I faxed all of this info to LTD and should have an answer next week per the nurse handling my claim. Fingers crossed. Gonna be very hot and humid this weekend here so I plan to stay in the air and read a good book or two. Have a great weekend and thanks for listening to me ramble![/quote']

I sure hope the new surgeon helps you

I'm enjoying everyone's stories! I guess I will also share: )

My name is Lindsey but most of my family calls me Lou. I'm 25 years old. I've been married for five years. Its been a rough road because he was in the army when we got married and lived in north Carolina and I stayed in Texas to finish college. I would never suggest a long distance marriage to anyone. I would spend summers there but didn't see each other a lot because he deployed three times in four years to Afghanistan. We have been living together now for three years and it's amazing! No kids yet but we have four dogs and occasionally will take in a foster dog which makes five. We have three Pitt mixes and an English bulldog. We only take in Pitt mixes for fostering. We love pittbulls and we have decided to never venture from that breed again because the bulldog is hell... but we still love him. I started the lap band process about three years ago and I never really complained about anything medically or went to the doctor before. So during the process I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia' date=' osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high heart rate, depression, anxiety, paranoia, and ocd. I thought everyone felt like I did so I never complained when I was in pain or tired because I thought it was normal. I got the lap band and they cut a nerve so my left leg is numb. My husband wants kids but I don't want to pass on my medical issues. I want to adopt but he doesn't which I weird because he has two adopted siblings he is very close with. I work as a work comp claims adjuster for Texas. It is a high stress and fast paced work environment and everyone thinks your the devil. I promise I'm not though! I was an art major in college so I kind of did a 180. My dogs are pretty much my life and right now I'm trying to set up a pet sitting business so I can get out of insurance. I just have to come up with the money to register an LLC. At this time though I'm going back and forth with the doctors as now they think I have ibs. I'm like the queen of minor medical conditions. That's it for me though. Thanks for reading![/quote']

I love dogs except my husband hates them so I got by with a little one her names eva I grew up on a farm we always had alot of dogs

post-31952-13813812367309_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3933[/ATTACH]

I am so so happy to be friends with everyone here. If u guys need to talk anytime I am here. Btw here is my touch of comedy for the day..was helping my hubby get into the shower without getting his bandages on his foot wet. Walked back into my room to find my nearly 80lb male Boxer wearing my bra!

I think he knew it was kinda bad cause we laughed at him so hard. Then he wouldn't look at me!!!

Lol love this!!! So cute:)

I love dogs except my husband hates them so I got by with a little one her names eva I grew up on a farm we always had alot of dogs

She looks super sweet!

These are my babies....

post-31925-13813812367808_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3934[/ATTACH]

post-31925-13813812368315_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3935[/ATTACH]

post-31925-13813812368912_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3936[/ATTACH]

post-31925-1381381236934_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3937[/ATTACH]

post-31925-13813812369736_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3938[/ATTACH]

The last one is with one of our fosters, so it's five dogs on my lap on the couch lol

These are my babies....

The last one is with one of our fosters' date=' so it's five dogs on my lap on the couch lol[/quote']

Do you even have a place to sit lol super cute

Do you even have a place to sit lol super cute

Lol not really but we all cuddle so it's fine: )

These are my babies....

The last one is with one of our fosters' date=' so it's five dogs on my lap on the couch lol[/quote']

Oh my goodness they are so adorable! My favorite picture is the first one. I love dogs! This is mine...

post-27662-13813812370208_thumb.jpg

Her name is Brie and she is a Shar Pei lab cross. Sweetest personality ever.