Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

My apologies if this has been asked already' date=' but does anybody else feel more flabby since surgery? I realize it's the fat breaking down, etc, but it's just such a weird sensation. When I go to the gym and do my exercises in the mirror I can't help but focus on my wiggling parts. Lol.[/quote']

Omg yes I started a thread a few days ago called wiggle jiggle. I can't look in the mirror brushing my teeth anymore cause I just wiggle and jiggle everywhere. I know this will possibly get better but...idk

I am so happy we are getting to know each other so much more!! I think this group totally rocks with such dynamic people! I just love u guys and am so thankful I found y'all!!!

What a douche bag he is. I have my own douche bag at home.

Luckily my kids are out of the house. I beat no matter what you do it isnt right.

Sorry you have to go through this. I wish i had magic words to fix things.

He is a mega douche and it would be great if I had a magic wand

I think that's pretty realistic and would totally love being there. When he asked what was my goal I said 135 so we went there :) he sound he could see me getting to 120-130 but idk I seem to keep sticking in the 180s now

I dont think I have ever been 120

I dont think I have ever been 120

Well I can't remember being down that low! I think 150 and I would be jumping up and down in amazement. :) it's like waiting for Christmas or seeing if u are gonna win something. Close but still seems like its unreal.

Dori! Go Pack!

Yeah for the Pack and you! I'll have a cheering buddy!

I guess you can figure out my name is Mary! I grew up in a small town in Illinois and move to Southern California when I was 23. I'm 54 now. (How the hell did that happen?). I work for a large health insurance plan in Los Angeles and enjoy helping others. Anyway, I am gay an have been with my partner for 24 years and we adopted 2 kids 10 years ago. The kids are siblings and since I had a hysterectomy at 25 (severe endometriosis) and my partner had fertility issues we felt this was the best way to make our family. Anyway, after the hysterectomy, the weight came on gradually, year after year.

Our son is 18 and just graduated from high school last week and our daughter is 17 and will be a senior this fall. Our kids are one of the best decisions we've ever made!

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 and had 2 surgeries, 8 chemotherapy infusions and 37 radiation treatments. During all if this fun I also developed a large blood clot in my brain that could not be dissolved by drugs and it is not in a place that they can safely remove it so i am stuck with it! That whole year is a bit of a blur but I have been cancer-free for almost 7 years and am thankful for every day. This surgery is helping me be healthier and lower the risk of a recurrence of the cancer. I had to have an IVC filter surgically placed below my heart before the RNY surgery to catch any clots that may have developed. It's all part of the process and just needed to be done.

I too read all of the posts but do not respond to many but I really appreciate everyone's honesty and ability to share. I have had great support at home and I really am thankful for the group of April friends.

I'm. Kris. I'm. 48 and a mother of three wonderful sons. I've worn many hats in my life...lifeguard' date=' mountain woman, chef, aerobics instructor, and teacher. I taught gifted elementary students for fifteen years; loved it! I had open heart surgery in 2000 that left me with permanent nerve damage in my left side...very painful, but what can you do? I've been disabled and taught part time since 2000. I was moved to try wls after realizing that I had gone from 150 lbs. To 200 to 250 and finally. To almost 300 all while being in denial. I have a therapy dog and we visit hospitals and I could barely walk the hospital halls...my weight was keeping me from doing what I wanted to accomplish in life. I had surgery on 4/29 and I'm so glade I did! Down over 50 lbs.and can't wait to lose the rest. You all are the best![/quote']

Wow, you have worn many hats! You were a chef; no wonder your meals sound great! We share the hell of nerve pain. I really commend you to continuing to teach with it. What kind of therapy dog do you have? I have the four dogs, so I love that you do that. After working in nursing homes and especially an alzheimers home, I know what a visit from dogs can do for residents. Glad you are getting healthy so you can continue to help others! Yeah for you!

I guess you can figure out my name is Mary! I grew up in a small town in Illinois and move to Southern California when I was 23. I'm 54 now. (How the hell did that happen?). I work for a large health insurance plan in Los Angeles and enjoy helping others. Anyway' date=' I am gay an have been with my partner for 24 years and we adopted 2 kids 10 years ago. The kids are siblings and since I had a hysterectomy at 25 (severe endometriosis) and my partner had fertility issues we felt this was the best way to make our family. Anyway, after the hysterectomy, the weight came on gradually, year after year.

Our son is 18 and just graduated from high school last week and our daughter is 17 and will be a senior this fall. Our kids are one of the best decisions we've ever made!

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 and had 2 surgeries, 8 chemotherapy infusions and 37 radiation treatments. During all if this fun I also developed a large blood clot in my brain that could not be dissolved by drugs and it is not in a place that they can safely remove it so i am stuck with it! That whole year is a bit of a blur but I have been cancer-free for almost 7 years and am thankful for every day. This surgery is helping me be healthier and lower the risk of a recurrence of the cancer. I had to have an IVC filter surgically placed below my heart before the RNY surgery to catch any clots that may have developed. It's all part of the process and just needed to be done.

I too read all of the posts but do not respond to many but I really appreciate everyone's honesty and ability to share. I have had great support at home and I really am thankful for the group of April friends.[/quote']

Holy moly im glad you are cancer free cancer is just plain nasty and congrats to your son for graduating I also lived in il.for a little while

Mary...great being cancer free! I have a two year old boxer named Jed ..he's the best! He's our fifth boxer, I'm crazy for the breed, so friendly and loving!

Ok I got to vent the other day when I was sick with tonsilitis and a kidney stone my husband came home late from work or wherever the heck he was he got mad at me because I didnt get up to serve him his food this was around midnight he hasnt talked to me since and then he complains that I leave him leftovers well when he gets home so late what does he expect he can eat what my 7 kids eat im not going to be cooking at midnight I work to he even pays his friends wife to make him lunch to take to work and when I was in the hospital he paid her to wash his clothes while my kids washed there own there are alot of days were he tells me the reason he comes home late is because he doesnt want to deal with us then he leaves at 6 in the morning so he can go weeks without seeing his kids if I didnt have kids I would be gone in a heartbeat when he is with us he drinks at least a 12 pack of beer I hate him for doing this to us he said if I ever left him he would run back to mexico si he wouldnt have to pay child support

I'm so sorry you have to deal with him. You don't deserve that. Sometimes I think that women that ha be to deal with men like that would be better off with them gone!

Guess I'll introduce myself too. My name is Christina' date=' I'm 33 years old, never married, no kids, two cats and 1 boyfriend of 4 months. For the past almost 11 years I've worked as a 911 operator and police/fire/ EMS dispatcher. Currently on the graveyard shift and will be there for about a year (10 months to go!). Had my RNY April 17 and I've "only" lost 33 lbs so far. But I'm still happy about that because I haven't weighed 241 in a loooong time. Had a dinner date with my boo Friday and wore a size 1X dress, which I still almost can't believe. I'm at the point where I can still technically wear my old clothes but I'm starting to look sloppy. Think I might try to go to Old Navy in a bit and see if I can get some XXL bottoms to fit (really need new gym clothes especially), but I'm kinda afraid of being disappointed. Only one way to find out.

Edited to add that my highest weight was 310. Lost about 35 lbslast year and found out that I love strength training when I tried out P90x. I just had a hard time sticking with it because I wasn't adjusting my diet enough. Fell off the wagon and gained about 20 lbs back. Now that I CAN'T eat poorly or else I'll dump hopefully it'll be easier for me to train and make progress. My goal is to be able to run again and actually be in a 5k and eventually a mud run. I feel like I've missed out on so much already that it's time to make up for it and enjoy my body and my life some more.[/quote']

Congrats on the weight loss. You have a stressful job. I always wanted to be a dispatcher. Do you live in a busy town or is it fairly quiet? Hope you reach your 5k and mud run goal. Running is something I just am not interested in, no matter how in shape I will get! ;)

I am so happy we are getting to know each other so much more!! I think this group totally rocks with such dynamic people! I just love u guys and am so thankful I found y'all!!!

Me too! Made the whole process tons easier having you guys to go through it with me! We are a sappy bunch lately huh?

I guess you can figure out my name is Mary! I grew up in a small town in Illinois and move to Southern California when I was 23. I'm 54 now. (How the hell did that happen?). I work for a large health insurance plan in Los Angeles and enjoy helping others. Anyway' date=' I am gay an have been with my partner for 24 years and we adopted 2 kids 10 years ago. The kids are siblings and since I had a hysterectomy at 25 (severe endometriosis) and my partner had fertility issues we felt this was the best way to make our family. Anyway, after the hysterectomy, the weight came on gradually, year after year.

I too read all of the posts but do not respond to many but I really appreciate everyone's honesty and ability to share. I have had great support at home and I really am thankful for the group of April friends.[/quote']

Congrats on being cancer free. You have been through a lot and I hope things continue to look up for you!

I am so so happy to be friends with everyone here. If u guys need to talk anytime I am here. Btw here is my touch of comedy for the day..was helping my hubby get into the shower without getting his bandages on his foot wet. Walked back into my room to find my nearly 80lb male Boxer wearing my bra!

post-34674-13813812364526_thumb.jpg

I think he knew it was kinda bad cause we laughed at him so hard. Then he wouldn't look at me!!!