Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Thanks Janny and Krystal!

Ive come to realise that i contracted a stomach bug ;-(. Of course also why i feel so nauseous.

Have any of you had the stomach bug after surgery? What meds could you take?

I don't want to go to the pharmacy as most people in South Africa are extremely uneducated about weight loss surgery and they will probably give something that is bad for my pouch and not even realise it.

That is why i much rather ask your advice.

If you have names available' date=' can you perhaps also state the main ingredient? Cause i have found that all your meds have different names here in South Africa oi and it frustrates me when I read about something on here and nope, not available in my country!

Please if you dont mind. Otherwise any home remedy. As i am terribly sick with fever and tummy running and i am taking no meds whatsoever, really suffering ;-([/quote']

I hope u et to feeling better. Do u have access to pepto? We Americans don't realize how spoiled we are and can run to our local pharmacy and grab things. My mother swears by getting a box of Jello and making it up as directed then pouring it over ice and drinking it. She did that our whole lives as we were quite poor growing up and often had no access to health care. There is sugar free jello.

Congrats on your weight loss

Me on my birthday' date=' Nov 2nd, at my heaviest (290). And the other was about a week ago (222). ... I never truly realized how big I was. I'm excited for all these changes! :)

HW- 290, SW (4/8/13) - 270.6, CW - 222.4[/quote']

I can totally relate. When I seen pictures (what few there were) of myself at my highest weight compared to now, I was SHOCKED! wow... so I know what yph mean. You look great! Keep it up.

I'm always shocked, too. I was very thin and fit for fifteen years and when I gained weight I just remained in total denial. No more!

So I have a question or 2. Have any of u guys became lactose intolerant or developed really intense food aversions? I have and it shocks me. Certain things make me wanna gag or throw up thinking about them now.

I actually wanted to ask about milk tonight that's why I just signed on lol....my dr as everyone knows is pretty strict and says no milk at all he did finally say I can have a little fat free half and half in coffee once in awhile and told me I can drink 4oz of unsweetened almond milk but I don't like it ...I just want a small glass of milk ...any suggestions or reccommendations

I actually wanted to ask about milk tonight that's why I just signed on lol....my dr as everyone knows is pretty strict and says no milk at all he did finally say I can have a little fat free half and half in coffee once in awhile and told me I can drink 4oz of unsweetened almond milk but I don't like it ...I just want a small glass of milk ...any suggestions or reccommendations

Hmmm idk skin milk is what they said I could have and now I can't tolerate it. I've been using almond and my nutritionist asked me to switch to soy to get more calories and Protein in. Did u have a nutritionist? I'd try to ask them. I think there are some post bariatric nutritional guidelines online that are pretty similar so maybe u can check them out. Diff dr's say diff things I guess. If u are comfortable with it maybe a few sips of skim?

Hmmm idk skin milk is what they said I could have and now I can't tolerate it. I've been using almond and my nutritionist asked me to switch to soy to get more calories and Protein in. Did u have a nutritionist? I'd try to ask them. I think there are some post bariatric nutritional guidelines online that are pretty similar so maybe u can check them out. Diff dr's say diff things I guess. If u are comfortable with it maybe a few sips of skim?

Yeah ny nutritionist said the unsweetened almond milk too I may try just a sip of skim ...I've never r been a big milk drinker just every once in awhile I crave it lol

Yeah ny nutritionist said the unsweetened almond milk too I may try just a sip of skim ...I've never r been a big milk drinker just every once in awhile I crave it lol

my program encourages skim milk. I am drinking 4 to 6 ounces for my "snacks" every day.

I also supposed to have skim milk for Snacks

my program encourages skim milk. I am drinking 4 to 6 ounces for my "snacks" every day.

I'm gonna get a small container and give it a try

My program has me on a regular diet right now. I tried watermelon and it made my pouch sore. Ugh. I'm on yogurt only for the next couple of days. I love the Danon Light & fit greek blends in toasted coconut vanilla. 80 calories, 0 fat, 7 sugars, 9 carbs, 12 Protein. What's not to love?

Skim milk is good. According to my doc and nut i should have 500 mils a day! But i was lactose intolerant even before the op so i just dont drink it.

She flipped about it, but i cannot drink milk so no.

The Calcium in there is good for you also the added Protein.< /p>

Just stay away from full cream milk as that is too high in fat.

What is Pepto? Is that like tummy meds in a powder and you ahould mix with Water? But instead your mom used Jello? Cause that is a great idea!

I got something here now called Smecta. It's a powder that I have to mix with water but truly tastes offensive.

My program has me on a regular diet right now. I tried watermelon and it made my pouch sore. Ugh. I'm on yogurt only for the next couple of days. I love the Danon Light & fit greek blends in toasted coconut vanilla. 80 calories' date=' 0 fat, 7 sugars, 9 carbs, 12 Protein. What's not to love?[/quote']

Yum toasted coconut vanilla i wish they had that kind by me

So this am I got really sweaty, dizzy and shaky. My husband said to take my blood sugar and it was 43. If we aren't supposed to have sugar, what is the best way to bring it up? I know what to do if you are diabetic without WLS. I don't want to feel that again!

My program has me on a regular diet right now. I tried watermelon and it made my pouch sore. Ugh. I'm on yogurt only for the next couple of days. I love the Danon Light & fit greek blends in toasted coconut vanilla. 80 calories' date=' 0 fat, 7 sugars, 9 carbs, 12 Protein. What's not to love?[/quote']

Alright where you get this flavor??? I haven't seen it!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 212

So this am I got really sweaty' date=' dizzy and shaky. My husband said to take my blood sugar and it was 43. If we aren't supposed to have sugar, what is the best way to bring it up? I know what to do if you are diabetic without WLS. I don't want to feel that again![/quote']

Have a small snack. A tiny bit of juice or some crackers with cheese. Turns out that's why I fainted and why they to,d me I needed to add carbs. He told me carry little Snacks with me. Hope that helps.