Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Well it was a bit harder 14 years ago. Of nothing positive came from the recent wars we have been in its that American troops are finally having better care and benefits. My daddy is about to lose his fingers now from dioxin poisoning from sent orange. He's is very poor health and is covered from head to toe and the VA can't do much more to help with the dioxin poisoning now. He rarely leaves home now.

22years should speak so highly for u. I hope it comes through for u soon!!!! You are such a wonderful person here to talk to and I have been happy to get to know u more!!

Sorry about your daddy. Please thank him for his service!

Thanks for the nice words. All of you have cheered me up tonight and I really needed it! ;) I am so glad I found this site and got to meet some AWESOME people!

Four years ago at her e8th grade graduation

We were both at our heaviest

Tonight at high school graduation I am down 31 since surgery my headband is down 50 since surgery

HW 343 SW 322 4/23/13 goal 170

Looking good! Nice work! We have very similar stats! My high was 340, surgery weight was 303, surgery date was 4/22/13. I have also lost 31 lbs. Weird huh??

So I have a question or 2. Have any of u guys became lactose intolerant or developed really intense food aversions? I have and it shocks me. Certain things make me wanna gag or throw up thinking about them now.

Not me but I wish.

So I have a question or 2. Have any of u guys became lactose intolerant or developed really intense food aversions? I have and it shocks me. Certain things make me wanna gag or throw up thinking about them now.

Nothing for me so far, other than I can't stand shrimp and I used to love it. Had it twice and threw up both times. I couldn't stand crystal light post op at first either, but now it is ok. What bothers you?

Nothing for me so far' date=' other than I can't stand shrimp and I used to love it. Had it twice and threw up both times. I couldn't stand crystal light post op at first either, but now it is ok. What bothers you?[/quote']

Peanut Butter makes me wanna gag. I've vomited it a few times. Nutritionist asked me to try soy milk vs the almond milk I've been using as has more calories,protein etc. I started out using skin milk and had diarrhea early post op now it just makes me sick. chicken is a huge one...the texture makes me feel sick and the taste ..only with some buffalo sauce can I get it down. I have huge aversions to certain Protein powders or anything flavored with peanut butter Idk I'm kinda sad and weirded out. I loved everything but bologna pre surg ESP veggies. Weird

Goodnight ladies and Dorian I hope you have a brighter day tomorrow!

Goodnight!! Happy Saturday :)

Peanut Butter makes me wanna gag. I've vomited it a few times. Nutritionist asked me to try soy milk vs the almond milk I've been using as has more calories' date='protein etc. I started out using skin milk and had diarrhea early post op now it just makes me sick. chicken is a huge one...the texture makes me feel sick and the taste ..only with some buffalo sauce can I get it down. I have huge aversions to certain Protein powders or anything flavored with peanut butter Idk I'm kinda sad and weirded out. I loved everything but bologna pre surg ESP veggies. Weird[/quote']

I haven't tried peanut butter yet, but I am the same way with chicken now that you say it. Can only take a couple of bites before taste gets me, and only with BBQ Sauce.< /p>

I have been having a terrible few days. I got the flu and my period started all at once. And i am suffering cause the meds aren't good for my pouch. Plus i had extreme stress at work and now my pouch area is burning like it has an ulcer. I am hoping it is just the effect of the meds and will hopefully go away. Anyway, weighed myself this morning, and i am officially 51 pounds lighter from my highest weight!! The most weight I've ever lost ;-)

Four years ago at her e8th grade graduation

We were both at our heaviest

Tonight at high school graduation I am down 31 since surgery my headband is down 50 since surgery

HW 343 SW 322 4/23/13 goal 170

You guys look great and to young

I have been having a terrible few days. I got the flu and my period started all at once. And i am suffering cause the meds aren't good for my pouch. Plus i had extreme stress at work and now my pouch area is burning like it has an ulcer. I am hoping it is just the effect of the meds and will hopefully go away. Anyway' date=' weighed myself this morning, and i am officially 51 pounds lighter from my highest weight!! The most weight I've ever lost ;-)[/quote']

I to have trouble with my meds , I was given something called Carafate liquid , it's for ulcers and it coats my stomach making it easier to eat and take meds, ask your doc for this!! Hope you feel better soon!! Way to go on the big 51lbs!!

God Bless

SD:4/24/13 SW:315 CW:275

I have been having a terrible few days. I got the flu and my period started all at once. And i am suffering cause the meds aren't good for my pouch. Plus i had extreme stress at work and now my pouch area is burning like it has an ulcer. I am hoping it is just the effect of the meds and will hopefully go away. Anyway' date=' weighed myself this morning, and i am officially 51 pounds lighter from my highest weight!! The most weight I've ever lost ;-)[/quote']

Yaay congrats on your weight loss

I haven't tried Peanut Butter yet' date=' but I am the same way with chicken now that you say it. Can only take a couple of bites before taste gets me, and only with bbq sauce.[/quote']

Im also the same way with chicken and I havent tryed peanut butter yet

Thanks Janny and Krystal!

Ive come to realise that i contracted a stomach bug ;-(. Of course also why i feel so nauseous.

Have any of you had the stomach bug after surgery? What meds could you take?

I don't want to go to the pharmacy as most people in South Africa are extremely uneducated about weight loss surgery and they will probably give something that is bad for my pouch and not even realise it.

That is why i much rather ask your advice.

If you have names available, can you perhaps also state the main ingredient? Cause i have found that all your meds have different names here in South Africa oi and it frustrates me when I read about something on here and nope, not available in my country!

Please if you dont mind. Otherwise any home remedy. As i am terribly sick with fever and tummy running and i am taking no meds whatsoever, really suffering ;-(

I've never found anything that helps except to push fluids and bundle up to sweat the fever out. Be sure you don't become dehydrayed!