Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Are you feeling better?

I am feeling better today. I didn't go in last night, but just tried to rest and start fresh today. Hopefully feeling better continues. Thank you for asking.

I am feeling better today. I didn't go in last night' date=' but just tried to rest and start fresh today. Hopefully feeling better continues. Thank you for asking.[/quote']

If i get sick i do Clear Liquids or soft foods for a day or two. My oouch always feels raw after i get sick. Then when you try to eat food it feels like its aggravated.

Just saying thats what i do. :)

Finally feeling better today. Had a massive headache yesterday, and for some reason, was really down. Spent most of day laying in bed. Didn't come near my protien or Water goals. Headache is gone today and I'm gonna focus on hitting goals and staying positive. Some days it is just so hard...

I got nauseous about a week ago and stayed on liquids for a day and it passed.

Anybody in this April group that don't have dumping episode or thrown up or felt nauseated? I've never dumped and afraid i'm not going to be a dumper. My Dr. told me today that only 10% of rny patients "don't" dump. I always thought the stats were much higher like 50/50??? Tell me what you experience and what you've been told about dumping.

I haven't had a dumping episode at all. thank God but I try not to do sweets because that is what my surgeon and nut told me would cause it. I am a nurse and have taken care of patients in hospital that had dumping syndrome and that is what I didn't look forward to. Haven't had nausea since home from the hospital. now the vomiting I can tell if I take one to many bites of something because after a few minutes I start to burp and the thick foamy spit forms in my throat. once that is cleared I am fine just have to remember small bites and chew chew chew before swallowing.

I haven't dumped because I have Bern too scared to try anything that might make me dump. I saw s friend get REALLYsick eating pasts and sauce with hfcs.I'm not a sweet eater but I love my carbs. I ate Pasta about three times a week... oh well, no more!

So far, I've had one dumping episode. It was the cursed oatmeal, and I seriously though I was going to die. My poor husband looked so darn helpless!

I have not dumped, foamed, thrown up, ect. Now i still have a week stomach. My daughter drinks isagenix shakes for Breakfast and i found a nasty shaker bottle in her bedroom, boy my gag reflex is still in check.

I've never dumped so far, but have thrown up. It was due to gas trapped in my chest area. Nothing would stay down for a day. That's the only time I have thrown up tho. Otherwise have been feeling good since surgery. Just wish the pounds would come off alittle faster! ;)

I haven't dumped either. I've had carby stuff and did ok. I have not had anything with real sugar...I guess the fear of dumping is keeping me at bay. But i would like to know if I'm a dumper or not???

I've had a few carby things here and there and I have reactive hypoglycemia. Not sure if I am dumping or just still suffering from the hypoglycemia.

No dumping here..too afraid to push it. I am pretty much out and about and too busy and tired to really put myself in a position to where I could even have a dumping episode. I kinda hope if I did I would tho..sweets are a huge favorite of mine and where I def would lose control

Four plus weeks with no bm is NOT good! I take a laxative every three days if I don't go. I am at a loss as to why you are not losing. It seems to me that you are doing everything right. 500 calories seems a little light to me personally, but if that's what your Dr says, you should follow it. I find that on days when I eat alittle more, I seem to lose. It must kick start my metabolism. Some days, I have to force myself to eat. Today I didn't hit my Protein, but am too full for a shake. Everyday is different, and if I get out of my routine, I am messed up for the day! ;)

As for the empty nester part, all three of my ADULT children are still at home! One working and saving, one trying to pay a school bill so he can transfer and finish college, and one( the youngest) still undecided! I may never have an empty nest at this rate! ;)

Gosh, so funny. My oldest(25) recently moved out after 2+ years living at home without a job (at least not a f/t job that she went to college for). She was very difficult to have around. My youngest (18) is a true pleasure to have around. I am really going to miss her. She is going to Washington DC for college. But, I am so excited for her. Finally got a call today from gastro doctor after waiting 3 days. Suggested more meds for me to try. Heading to Walmart tonight. Gastro office just called and said he wants to see me. First appt available is June 18. So we'll see what is up. Still no more weight loss. I don't weigh myself every day. Now, every other day or so. It is so strange to see no weight change since I got home from the hospital, esp after reading all the previous blogs about people losing a LOT of weight in the first couple months. The good news is that I lost 38 lbs prior to surgery, so I am over the 50 lb weight loss mark. That is why my clothes are loose. I keep thinking any day the weight will just "fall" off. Hah. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Gosh, so funny. My oldest(25) recently moved out after 2+ years living at home without a job (at least not a f/t job that she went to college for). She was very difficult to have around. My youngest (18) is a true pleasure to have around. I am really going to miss her. She is going to Washington DC for college. But, I am so excited for her. Finally got a call today from gastro doctor after waiting 3 days. Suggested more meds for me to try. Heading to Walmart tonight. Gastro office just called and said he wants to see me. First appt available is June 18. So we'll see what is up. Still no more weight loss. I don't weigh myself every day. Now, every other day or so. It is so strange to see no weight change since I got home from the hospital, esp after reading all the previous blogs about people losing a LOT of weight in the first couple months. The good news is that I lost 38 lbs prior to surgery, so I am over the 50 lb weight loss mark. That is why my clothes are loose. I keep thinking any day the weight will just "fall" off. Hah. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

One more thing...some days I eat 600+ calories, but on average it is about 500 calories. I use MyFitnessPal. My nutritionist said to concentrate right now on just getting all the Protein in, and not worry about calories at this stage. I am still on the pureed/soft food stage, so it is hard to eat many calories unless I add a Protein Shake with milk. Tonight I had 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, a little mozzarella, a bit of spaghetti sauce, and I actually at a few slices of zucchini. My first vegetable! I get full very easily, and if I push it I vomit. But, every week gets a little better. I think I am healing slowly because I had 5 surgeries instead of one. Plus, it takes me morning to night to get the 60+ oz of Water in. My nutritionist suggested yesterday that the chewable vitamins (large chalky pills) might be too constipating, so she found a website where I could order liquid vitamins. They should be delivered in a few days. I'm not even taking my 3 Iron pills a day. She said I should start on Biotin now to prevent Hair loss in the future.

Dang it!! Thought I was doing good today! Just threw up lunch again. Wth?!? Will I ever be normal-ish again.

What did you eat?