Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Went to my post op appt. today and told the Doc about the mild right side pain that radiates to my back after i eat a meal. He wants to scan my gallbladder. Oh please...don't let it be gallbladder. I can't bear the thought of another surgery this soon out.

Sounds like the gallbladder hon.

Went to my post op appt. today and told the Doc about the mild right side pain that radiates to my back after i eat a meal. He wants to scan my gallbladder. Oh please...don't let it be gallbladder. I can't bear the thought of another surgery this soon out.

Sounds like gall bladder, i know you don't want another surgery but you don't want it to get so bad that it feels like your dying when you breath like i did.

Hello everyone, I'm glad that the group is doing well, some more than others, but glad we are sharing with each other. Does anyone have problems with nausea? My date was 4/13 and the last two weeks have been really bad. I can eat fine, but between meals and drinking Water, I feel horrible.....

Hello everyone' date=' I'm glad that the group is doing well, some more than others, but glad we are sharing with each other. Does anyone have problems with nausea? My date was 4/13 and the last two weeks have been really bad. I can eat fine, but between meals and drinking Water, I feel horrible.....[/quote']

One month today...or 4weeks..nausea never happened until the last few days. Remember thinking I didn't need the Zofran but now I'm glad he gave it to me. Vomit occasionally but have made it 48hr now keeping it all down. Nausea seems to come and go. I was great and hope this is just a minor speed bump. Hope u get to feeling better too!

One month today...or 4weeks..nausea never happened until the last few days. Remember thinking I didn't need the Zofran but now I'm glad he gave it to me. Vomit occasionally but have made it 48hr now keeping it all down. Nausea seems to come and go. I was great and hope this is just a minor speed bump. Hope u get to feeling better too!

I had bad nausea at 4 weeks too ...i didnt throw up cause i would take zofran and lay down but alot of others ive talked to had random nausea around 4 weeks post op

Sounds like gall bladder, i know you don't want another surgery but you don't want it to get so bad that it feels like your dying when you breath like i did.

How long after your surgery did you have your gallbladder removed? I spoke with my mother tonight and she had gallbladder trouble when she was younger. She said a gallbladder attack is the worse pain she ever felt. I sure don't want to go there and i guess i'll have to put my big girl panties on and just get it out. Hopefully i can get in for that scan next week.

Anybody in this April group that don't have dumping episode or thrown up or felt nauseated? I've never dumped and afraid i'm not going to be a dumper. My Dr. told me today that only 10% of rny patients "don't" dump. I always thought the stats were much higher like 50/50??? Tell me what you experience and what you've been told about dumping.

How long after your surgery did you have your gallbladder removed? I spoke with my mother tonight and she had gallbladder trouble when she was younger. She said a gallbladder attack is the worse pain she ever felt. I sure don't want to go there and i guess i'll have to put my big girl panties on and just get it out. Hopefully i can get in for that scan next week.

I had my gall bladder out in Dec of 09. So many years before my RNY. Mine was at 0% functioning and finally after years in the er a new surgeon asked if i had a scan, within second of the solution going through it i was in so much pain, had it out the next week. The attacks were so painful and your trying to breath and you can't. I sure as hell do not miss that.

I had bad nausea at 4 weeks too ...i didnt throw up cause i would take zofran and lay down but alot of others ive talked to had random nausea around 4 weeks post op

It must be some kinda adjustment phase that occurs around this timeframe perhaps? I'm seeing several folks say this too. I've managed 2 days now without vomiting. Staying on my Zofran for awhile and gonna do more Protein Shakes til I feel stable.

I had my gall bladder out in Dec of 09. So many years before my RNY. Mine was at 0% functioning and finally after years in the er a new surgeon asked if i had a scan, within second of the solution going through it i was in so much pain, had it out the next week. The attacks were so painful and your trying to breath and you can't. I sure as hell do not miss that.

What a terrible experience that must of been!!! Glad you got it out and no longer suffering that pain. Bet you were glad to already had it out when you had rny....One less problem that could happen with being post op.

It must be some kinda adjustment phase that occurs around this timeframe perhaps? I'm seeing several folks say this too. I've managed 2 days now without vomiting. Staying on my Zofran for awhile and gonna do more Protein Shakes til I feel stable.

I hope u feel better soon

I was on liquids for four days and then it was soft foods. Never had a puree stage. Never thrown up' date=' dumped or felt nauseated. I do notice when i eat too fast and over fill my pouch my right side and back hurt.[/quote']

That sounds like ur gallbladder! I had my rny done on April 29th and I started having the same problems that you seem to be having and it turned out to be my gallbladder...ugh so I had it removed on May 24th just a few days short of a month after my RNY. Ask them for a hyda scan that will test ur gallbladder

Anybody in this April group that don't have dumping episode or thrown up or felt nauseated? I've never dumped and afraid i'm not going to be a dumper. My Dr. told me today that only 10% of rny patients "don't" dump. I always thought the stats were much higher like 50/50??? Tell me what you experience and what you've been told about dumping.

I have felt zero nausea nor have I thrown up or dumped. I am almost 2 months out. I do not eat any processed carbs. I ate some chicken once and kept burping and thought I would throw up, but it went down eventually. My doc says this means I am just not ready yet for that kind of food so I went back to puréed and very soft foods. I eat Protein Shakes, Greek yogurt and scrambled eggs right now. I might try some fish this weekend to see if it sits better now. I don't remember what percentages Dr said end up dumping.... I'm just glad I haven't had it happen yet.

I backed off to softer foods and the nausea is much better. It makes sense that this is a bumpy time since this is when our diets are advancing. I haven't dumped but I'm. Also scared to try most carbs ..had a couple of pretzel thins and potatoes...zofran is wonderful