Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Congrats! It's weird that we lose inches' date=' but not pounds. How does that even work???[/quote']

Haha that's what I was wondering too Dorian but somehow it does lol

Today marks my 4th week post op (surg 4/30) I'm having a hard time with food. I'm still pretty much soft and mush but I seem to have issues with no eating slow enough or just not feeling I'm full until its too late. It's not like every time it's the same amount so it's kind of weird. I only know I'm full when I feel the pain in my chest and then there comes the rush to make it to the bathroom. I'm getting my liquids in for the most part my Protein too. I've lost 24lb today upon weighing. I'm thrilled by the changes I'm noticing but I have nobody to talk about these "other" parts of surgery really..like trying to plan out what I need to take to work with me,what I can eat,what if I have to vomit at work, eating out with family or friends, trying new foods, dizziness, nausea and fatigue. I don't regret having this surgery as overall I think it's going to make a truly positive change my life I just wish I could hurry up and get over this not so pleasant part.

I feel the way you do, as well. My surgery was on Apr 29. I can't seem to tolerate solid food without throwing it up. Today was my first day back to work. I packed 1/4 cup of small curd fat free cottage cheese and diced peaches in natural juice. Took me about 20 mins to eat it. For lunch I had vanilla yogurt 2X protein and a couple bites of an icky tasting Protein Bar. For dinner, a cheese stick and 1 oz of turkey breast coldcuts. I plan on eating the same for each day at work, because I don't want to try anything new and get sick at work. The last two times I threw up, it happened so fast that I ran to the nearest sink. I don't want that to happen at work. I see the doctor on Thursday, and if I learn anything new I will share it with you. I feel very fatigued. Hoping I can return to the gym soon. I only do Water aerobics, so I have to wait and get clearance from the doctor. I am very active, shopping frequently, housework, gardening, etc. But I've only lost 12 lbs, and that happened week 1. Not sure what the problem is. Every post I read has people losing 2-3 times that much by now. My sister-in-law had a revision surgery a week before me and has lost 30 lbs! Sorry for the whining, but every day I keep hoping things get better, and they just stay the same. But, each week I do feel a little better. Maybe it will take more time to see results. Good luck to you. Email me anytime...I am new to this post-op group and really have no one to talk to, either. Janice

I feel the way you do' date=' as well. My surgery was on Apr 29. I can't seem to tolerate solid food without throwing it up. Today was my first day back to work. I packed 1/4 cup of small curd fat free cottage cheese and diced peaches in natural juice. Took me about 20 mins to eat it. For lunch I had vanilla yogurt 2X Protein and a couple bites of an icky tasting protein bar. For dinner, a cheese stick and 1 oz of turkey breast coldcuts. I plan on eating the same for each day at work, because I don't want to try anything new and get sick at work. The last two times I threw up, it happened so fast that I ran to the nearest sink. I don't want that to happen at work. I see the doctor on Thursday, and if I learn anything new I will share it with you. I feel very fatigued. Hoping I can return to the gym soon. I only do Water aerobics, so I have to wait and get clearance from the doctor. I am very active, shopping frequently, housework, gardening, etc. But I've only lost 12 lbs, and that happened week 1. Not sure what the problem is. Every post I read has people losing 2-3 times that much by now. My sister-in-law had a revision surgery a week before me and has lost 30 lbs! Sorry for the whining, but every day I keep hoping things get better, and they just stay the same. But, each week I do feel a little better. Maybe it will take more time to see results. Good luck to you. Email me anytime...I am new to this post-op group and really have no one to talk to, either. Janice[/quote']

Janice,

I know it is tough but try and keep things in perspective. Your body had a huge change. Give yourself time to heal and it will happen. While its been a month remember 12 lbs isn't something to sneeze at. :) keep doing what you are doing and stay strong it will happen.

Mine just started around noon its kinda scaring me I tryed gas x the anti acid med I got from the dr I havent been able to eat today but the pain hurts so bad it even hurts in my back it feels like there is a ballon inside of me if I get worse im going to the er

That is exactly how mine is! I'm wondering if it is acid reflux! I didn't think this was possible post op, but apparently it is according to what I've read. I just took some omeprozole to see if that helps and will call the Dr in the am. Keep me posted!

That is exactly how mine is! I'm wondering if it is acid reflux! I didn't think this was possible post op' date=' but apparently it is according to what I've read. I just took some omeprozole to see if that helps and will call the Dr in the am. Keep me posted![/quote']

I will

I feel the way you do' date=' as well. My surgery was on Apr 29. I can't seem to tolerate solid food without throwing it up. Today was my first day back to work. I packed 1/4 cup of small curd fat free cottage cheese and diced peaches in natural juice. Took me about 20 mins to eat it. For lunch I had vanilla yogurt 2X Protein and a couple bites of an icky tasting protein bar. For dinner, a cheese stick and 1 oz of turkey breast coldcuts. I plan on eating the same for each day at work, because I don't want to try anything new and get sick at work. The last two times I threw up, it happened so fast that I ran to the nearest sink. I don't want that to happen at work. I see the doctor on Thursday, and if I learn anything new I will share it with you. I feel very fatigued. Hoping I can return to the gym soon. I only do Water aerobics, so I have to wait and get clearance from the doctor. I am very active, shopping frequently, housework, gardening, etc. But I've only lost 12 lbs, and that happened week 1. Not sure what the problem is. Every post I read has people losing 2-3 times that much by now. My sister-in-law had a revision surgery a week before me and has lost 30 lbs! Sorry for the whining, but every day I keep hoping things get better, and they just stay the same. But, each week I do feel a little better. Maybe it will take more time to see results. Good luck to you. Email me anytime...I am new to this post-op group and really have no one to talk to, either. Janice[/quote']

Thank u Janice! I hope u start feeling better soon as well. You are totally right about the vomiting happening so fast!! Water aerobics would be great and I hope u can return soon. Most of my incisions are healed except one which still has a stubborn scab.

Saltine crackers are my friend right now. I have managed to keep about a tbsp on food down tonight but I'm thinking of just taking Protein Shakes and cheese sticks to work as I'm starting at a new location of my job and nobody knows me and I don't feel like having to explain being sick. Thanks for your support and I'm here also if u ever need to email. I'm learning this forum and app and still trying to navigate as well..

Everyfood i try comes back up i can stop most of it cuz is mild naseau but at least one a day i get really bad pains while throwing up and cold chills im about to swear off food for good and just do shakes. I was bad the other day amd had a.bite of my daighters smore amd didnt get sick trt reg food amd yea for get it

Now at 250 size 20

[ATTACH]3659[/ATTACH]

December 308 size 26

[ATTACH]3660[/ATTACH]

post-20750-13813812161599_thumb.png

post-20750-1381381216219_thumb.png

Now at 250 size 20

December 308 size 26

Lookin good

Way to go Vanna!! :D

I'm sorry so many of you are having problems now. Best wishes to everyone who's struggling.

I'm finally figuring out how to follow this group. I was looking at page 1 and wondering why there was nothing new. Then i scrolled to page 95 and found the current posts. I am at week 4 and returned to work today. Long' date=' tiring day. Had a headache, but didn't know what to take because I only had Tylenol gel caps and they can't be crushed. I've been sort of down and discouraged. The day I got home from the hospital 3+ weeks ago, I was down 12 lbs, and nothing has changed in 4 weeks. I stay at 9-12 lbs lost; it goes up or down a pound or two every day. I was given the go ahead to stage 3 foods. Ground turkey, fish. Well, over the weekend i slowly ate (and chewed and chewed) 2 oz of a ground turkey burger and had the dry heaves. Last night I had 2 oz of tilapia and 1 tiny piece of broccoli. Threw it up. So I am sticking to my soft foods...yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks. Very boring diet. I see the doctor on Thursday for my one month follow up. I am anxious to ask why I am not losing any weight. I have been very constipated, but nothing works (Miralax, MOM, stool softeners, etc). This was also a problem before surgery.I drink all my fluids and take my Vitamins (except iron). Eating about 500 calories or less a day. Still have thrush in my mouth since the surgery. Just finished bottle of Nystatin. I hope things get better. Every day I jump on the scale first thing in the morning, and no weight loss. Tried the big scale at the hospital I work at today, and got the same weight as at home. I hope things get better.[/quote']

I go tomorrow for my post op 4 week follow up with nut/psy/ exercise guy and surgeon.

I am with the rest of you puke some days and today was like i could not eat enough. I think my pouch growled.

Anyhow if ANYONE wishes to vent or compare or chat i would be more than happy to share.

missybrown44@hotmail.com

Verizon- 937-407-6636

Missy

I weigh every morning but not during the day. I really want to weigh once a week but I find myself on the scale every morning. <_<:rolleyes:

I'm finally figuring out how to follow this group. I was looking at page 1 and wondering why there was nothing new. Then i scrolled to page 95 and found the current posts. I am at week 4 and returned to work today. Long' date=' tiring day. Had a headache, but didn't know what to take because I only had Tylenol gel caps and they can't be crushed. I've been sort of down and discouraged. The day I got home from the hospital 3+ weeks ago, I was down 12 lbs, and nothing has changed in 4 weeks. I stay at 9-12 lbs lost; it goes up or down a pound or two every day. I was given the go ahead to stage 3 foods. Ground turkey, fish. Well, over the weekend i slowly ate (and chewed and chewed) 2 oz of a ground turkey burger and had the dry heaves. Last night I had 2 oz of tilapia and 1 tiny piece of broccoli. Threw it up. So I am sticking to my soft foods...yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks. Very boring diet. I see the doctor on Thursday for my one month follow up. I am anxious to ask why I am not losing any weight. I have been very constipated, but nothing works (Miralax, MOM, stool softeners, etc). This was also a problem before surgery.I drink all my fluids and take my Vitamins (except iron). Eating about 500 calories or less a day. Still have thrush in my mouth since the surgery. Just finished bottle of Nystatin. I hope things get better. Every day I jump on the scale first thing in the morning, and no weight loss. Tried the big scale at the hospital I work at today, and got the same weight as at home. I hope things get better.[/quote']

Hello and welcome:). I thought I had seen you before on here but I'm not sure. I know my dr told me when you get too little calories your body goes into starvation mode. It thinks you are starving which you kind of are and holds onto every little calorie you give it thus slowing the process of losing weight. I have found this to be true for me. When I don't eat enough or drink enough or get enough Protein my weight stops going down. As soon as I start eating and drinking more it goes down. Seems so counterintuitive ! But I know how hard it is to get in everything were supposed to. I have such trouble with this. Just wanted to let you know this could be the explanation for the slower weight loss. I hope things pick up for ya!

Hello and welcome:). I thought I had seen you before on here but I'm not sure. I know my dr told me when you get too little calories your body goes into starvation mode. It thinks you are starving which you kind of are and holds onto every little calorie you give it thus slowing the process of losing weight. I have found this to be true for me. When I don't eat enough or drink enough or get enough Protein my weight stops going down. As soon as I start eating and drinking more it goes down. Seems so counterintuitive ! But I know how hard it is to get in everything were supposed to. I have such trouble with this. Just wanted to let you know this could be the explanation for the slower weight loss. I hope things pick up for ya!

I am still at 1oz of protein. I am 8wks out and my nut. told me today if you throw up that you have either eaten too much or too fast! I don't know but I have only thrown up once when I ate 1 shrimp too many!

Hi, everyone well I am alive and kicking. The last balloon did it's job, but, they did the stomach too this time due to it small size. it worked I can eat my small amount of food. But, found out I can not eat eggs... So if anyone is having problems with solids get to your doctors. when I found out that it was the opening to the intestine was way too small. it could have been a big problem. so if the body says problem go to the doc.