Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I am going on 4 wks post op. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have a horrible attitude. I feel depressed unmotivated and well life just sucks attitude. I have 2 wonderful boys and a great husband. So much to be great full for but I miss food. Nothing is satisfying me and I feel like an outcast when it's time to eat with the family. Maybe I should see me physiologist? I don't know. Is it withdraws?

Surgery date 4/18/13 @ 7:30 am SW 316 CW 291 GW 150

I feel so bad for you. We are all going through a big life change. It is gonna take some time before we are comfortable with all of the changes. I feel the same way at times. I find my self watching my husband eat and just saying, "is that good?" I miss food too, and being able to eat whatever I want. By this time you should be able to eat most of what your family is eating, just in smaller amounts. What is your diet? Talking to someone wouldn't ever hurt, and if that's what you need to do, you should. Maybe someone on this site, who has been through it, can help you. Just know that you are not alone! Take care.

Thank you ladies for understanding my feelings and making me feel like I'm not alone. I feel a little better already. I can eat almost everything my family eats but some foods are still uncomfortable going down. I printed up some recipes that are gastric bypass friendly and that my family will like. The website is http:/spark people.com.

Thank you ladies for understanding my feelings and making me feel like I'm not alone. I feel a little better already. I can eat almost everything my family eats but some foods are still uncomfortable going down. I printed up some recipes that are gastric bypass friendly and that my family will like. The website is http:/spark people.com.

Glad we could all help. Gonna check that website too! My family is all eating healthy, for the most part, so we all eat the same things. There are occasions where pizza is made and I stay away from that.

Just did little research on what some of us are feeling. It is called hibernation syndrome. It usually occurs 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. It is the body`s reaction to the smaller amounts of food we are eating. It causes us to feel tired, lethargic and depressed. The body wants to slow way down until the old food supply returns. Starting to exercise gets the body used to using the fat as energy. The site says to seek help if the conditions last more than 8 weeks. See? What we are feeling is totally NORMAL! Don't worry anyone, we can do this! Best wishes to all!

www.alinahealth.org

Im also moody I dont want to eat I dont even want to leave my couch but then at 3:30 everday my kidos come home and want to eat so I got to cook for them

Just did little research on what some of us are feeling. It is called hibernation syndrome. It usually occurs 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. It is the body`s reaction to the smaller amounts of food we are eating. It causes us to feel tired' date=' lethargic and depressed. The body wants to slow way down until the old food supply returns. Starting to exercise gets the body used to using the fat as energy. The site says to seek help if the conditions last more than 8 weeks. See? What we are feeling is totally NORMAL! Don't worry anyone, we can do this! Best wishes to all!

www.alinahealth.org[/quote']

Thank you so much for that!!! Omg!!! I feel so much better. At least I know it's expected and will pass....you're a saint! (Hugs) we got this ladies!

Thank you so much for that!!! Omg!!! I feel so much better. At least I know it's expected and will pass....you're a saint! (Hugs) we got this ladies!

I have fibromyalgia so its hard for me to decide to push myself or not. If i push too hard then i put myself into a flare.

I have fibromyalgia so its hard for me to decide to push myself or not. If i push too hard then i put myself into a flare.

My flares have slowed down since surgery. But when i get them its hell.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 318 GOAL 200 surgery 4/11/13

Just did little research on what some of us are feeling. It is called hibernation syndrome. It usually occurs 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. It is the body`s reaction to the smaller amounts of food we are eating. It causes us to feel tired' date=' lethargic and depressed. The body wants to slow way down until the old food supply returns. Starting to exercise gets the body used to using the fat as energy. The site says to seek help if the conditions last more than 8 weeks. See? What we are feeling is totally NORMAL! Don't worry anyone, we can do this! Best wishes to all!

www.alinahealth.org[/quote']

Omg thank you for this too. I actually knew about the hibernation thing but my first two weeks were pretty easy and I forgot about it. Now I want to sleep all the time and feel like such a bum but remembering that it is normal sooo helps:)

Yes!!! I am on a stall right now too! I thought I was doing something wrong. It feels frustrating.

I try to be positive and supportive but i need to vent.

I am exhausted. It hit me today really hard. I dont feel good and i cant seem to find anything else but yougart, Jello, pudding and oatmeal that my pouch wont puke back up. Stupid teenagers wont help and my husbands out of town and i have less rhan a week to clean again before the boys graduate.

Any words of encouragement or am i alone.

No regrets, no head ,hunger, nausea :(

I am exhausted. It hit me today really hard. I dont feel good and i cant seem to find anything else but yougart' date=' Jello, pudding and oatmeal that my pouch wont puke back up. Stupid teenagers wont help and my husbands out of town and i have less rhan a week to clean again before the boys graduate.

No regrets, no head ,hunger, nausea :([/quote']

My youngest thinks its bs that i have her load and unload the dishwasher but when she wants me to write her a check she thinks I'm denying her when i refuse. I don't ask for too much. My husband works 15 days straight and his days are long so i only ask him to take the trash out. I can't wait to be released because if i don't do it no one will.

I am exhausted. It hit me today really hard. I dont feel good and i cant seem to find anything else but yougart' date=' Jello, pudding and oatmeal that my pouch wont puke back up. Stupid teenagers wont help and my husbands out of town and i have less rhan a week to clean again before the boys graduate.

No regrets, no head ,hunger, nausea :([/quote']

So sorry your having a rough day i also came to vent lol im having a very rough day too :( how far post op are you ....i am not supposed to eat refried Beans but i did last night with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese and some salsa and it went down so much better than pureed chicken and tuna and tasted so good ...also do you gave medicine to help with the nausea i take zofran if i start to feel sick and it helps right away

My youngest thinks its bs that i have her load and unload the dishwasher but when she wants me to write her a check she thinks I'm denying her when i refuse. I don't ask for too much. My husband works 15 days straight and his days are long so i only ask him to take the trash out. I can't wait to be released because if i don't do it no one will.

My husband tries to clean "tries" being the key word and finally i couldnt take it and had to clean the bathroom and kitchen myself! It sure wasnt as good as i could do when i can move better but a hell of alot better than he does