Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I am two weeks too. My doc moved me to soft foods a few days ago. How are you both doing food wise?

Im doing horrible.

The only shakes I can get down is the CIB and I add a little unflavored Protein Powder and use milk for like 25g of Protein in the morning.

Other than that I eat yogurt for lunch and cream Soup and yogurt for dinner and that is it.

I drink about 48oz of Water thru the day..

Im just miserable. But I had 2 complications with my surgery so, Im VERY off.

Seeing my nut this week and the doctor in a week. :(

Back to work tomorrow. I've been doing well getting in water' date=' Protein, Vitamins etc. being at home because that has been my focus. A little worried,that I won't do as well with work added into the mix. How did you all make the transition back to the real world?[/quote']

I won't lie, I kind of suck at getting my Calcium in. I take B12 and mv in the morning, then the plan is to take the calcium throughout the day at work, and finish the night with a mv. .... Buuut, I forget while I'm at work then scramble to get 2 out if the 3 calcium and mv before I crash and go to bed.

HW- 290, SW (4/8/13) - 270.6, CW - 240.3

So, is anyone else feeling tired all of the time? I am a stay at home mom to three, so I am fortunate enough to be able to nap mid-day when they do, but if I don't get a nap, I am like the walking dead by 5pm. I am plenty hydrated, so I don't think Water is the issue. Ugh, can't wait to get over this first month!

So' date=' is anyone else feeling tired all of the time? I am a stay at home mom to three, so I am fortunate enough to be able to nap mid-day when they do, but if I don't get a nap, I am like the walking dead by 5pm. I am plenty hydrated, so I don't think Water is the issue. Ugh, can't wait to get over this first month![/quote']

OMGEEE... YES! I feel tired all the time too. I cannot seem to get enough rest or any energy at all. Trying to exercise but that doesn't seem to help, just makes it worse. I am eating plenty of Protein and drinking plenty of water but sooooo tired. Ugh...

Im doing horrible.

The only shakes I can get down is the CIB and I add a little unflavored Protein powder and use milk for like 25g of protein in the morning.

Other than that I eat yogurt for lunch and cream Soup and yogurt for dinner and that is it.

Im just miserable. But I had 2 complications with my surgery so' date=' Im VERY off.

Seeing my nut this week and the doctor in a week. :([/quote']

My piuch likes frozen greek yougart and pop sickles.

OMGEEE... YES! I feel tired all the time too. I cannot seem to get enough rest or any energy at all. Trying to exercise but that doesn't seem to help' date=' just makes it worse. I am eating plenty of Protein and drinking plenty of Water but sooooo tired. Ugh...[/quote']

Me too. I'm always so tired but I don't get my protein and water in. It makes me sick. Keep waiting for it to get better but I'm still very very happy with my surgery:)

I have a question im almost 4 weeks out i am ALLOWED one meal a day and it can be 3oz Protein and 3 oz vegatable i can only eat about 3 oz so i havent eaten the veg much but i mashed cauliflower with roasted garlic the other day and it came out so good that ive eaten about 1/2 oz to 1 oz of that and im also allowed yogurt as a snack ive been eating a greek.yogurt thats thivk do a few bites and im full but tonight i had a reg ( diet but not greek) which was very thin and i ate the whole 6 oz and i was fine it didnt fill me like the greek does and then a few hours later i went to bed and now ive been up all night in pain i feel like my inside by left side is all bruised up and i had to take a second pain pill which i havent done in awhile..do you think it .could havr something to.do.with eating 6oz of yogurt .....im ALLOWED to but maybe my pouch doesn't think so.....

You are also welcome to text me.

I suck at food/fluids.

My pouch is picky and angry most of the time. It hates medications the worst.

How are you doing?

I am doing alright so far. I am forgetting my Vitamins but its just something I have to work on a routine for. Sometimes I feel hungry or what I used to think was hungry and I try and drink.

I'm finally able to walk/exercise, the infection set me back a bit.

Im doing horrible.

The only shakes I can get down is the CIB and I add a little unflavored Protein powder and use milk for like 25g of protein in the morning.

Im just miserable. But I had 2 complications with my surgery so' date=' Im VERY off.

Seeing my nut this week and the doctor in a week. :([/quote']

I am having a tough time counting how much water I'm drinking. Or protein I'm taking in. Shakes are the worst for me. Haven't found anything other than the whey Protein Drink from Walmart I started mixing it with water and sf Hawaiian punch to be able to get it down. Idk I hope I'm doing this right. My doc says I'm fine.

I am having a tough time counting how much Water I'm drinking. Or Protein I'm taking in. shakes are the worst for me. Haven't found anything other than the whey protein drink from Walmart I started mixing it with water and sf Hawaiian punch to be able to get it down. Idk I hope I'm doing this right. My doc says I'm fine.

Okay I just found a Protein Bar my doctor approved. And it tastes good. It's called think thin it has 20 G protein and 0 g sugar it's creamy so when u chew it it goes down "soft". Oh the things we'll do.

I got it at bed bath and beyond its 1.69 a bar but I'm going to do some research on where to get it cheaper. It's worth it. I just had half of one and feel full. It was like eating a candy bar.

Just got home from having six injections in my back. Dr.is doing medial nerve block testing. Hoping to have radiofrequency ablasion, which burns the nerves in my back that cause the pain. Have had it before and they are going to give it another try to try to keep me comfortable until is see the spine surgeon in June. Am gonna sleep the day away today. :( on a good note, I was 280 today which is 23 down from surgery date, April22.

I'm 2 weeks post-op yesterday and Protein Shakes make me sick!

Just got home from having six injections in my back. Dr.is doing medial nerve block testing. Hoping to have radiofrequency ablasion' date=' which burns the nerves in my back that cause the pain. Have had it before and they are going to give it another try to try to keep me comfortable until is see the spine surgeon in June. Am gonna sleep the day away today. :( on a good note, I was 280 today which is 23 down from surgery date, April22.[/quote']

I had six nerve blocks in my neck at once and it did not work. I hope you have good results. We did not cut my nerves because the may grow in clusters on my head.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 318 GOAL 200 surgery 4/11/13

Been forgetting to take my Vitamins too. Also sick of eating same old same old. Makes me not want to eat at all.