Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

So I woke up today feeling good! Decided to weigh myself because I havent in a few days. Just wanna see where Im at before my follow up Dr. appointment tomorrow. The last time I weighed' date=' I was 291 and I was stuck there after only a week and a half! Today I am 285lbs. Soooo excited to see the scale move. Down 18lbs in 15 days, and a total of 55 since August. Feeling good about myself for the first time in a very long time. Hope everyone is feeling awesome and has a great day! :D[/quote']

Cingrats

So I woke up today feeling good! Decided to weigh myself because I havent in a few days. Just wanna see where Im at before my follow up Dr. appointment tomorrow. The last time I weighed, I was 291 and I was stuck there after only a week and a half! Today I am 285lbs. Soooo excited to see the scale move. Down 18lbs in 15 days, and a total of 55 since August. Feeling good about myself for the first time in a very long time. Hope everyone is feeling awesome and has a great day! :D

You go girl!!!!...That is awesome!!!...You will be at goal before you know it!!!

Torn rags soup..like my grandma used to make for the babies..was a nice lunch. Bring chicken broth to a boil...scramble an egg in a cup...pour into the boiling chicken broth whip up with a fork to keep the egg really soft while on mush/liquids... got the Protein if an egg and some from the broth. Nice warm and filling.

Is this 1cup of broth to one egg?

Heya

How you all doing? I am 3 weeks post op and I have to say I find this whole business much tougher than I thought it would be.

I don't know what to eat! I cannot stomach any porridge stuff so what to have for Breakfast? ? I am also lactose intolerant so I cannot have yogurt or any milk' date=' makes me so so nauseous.

What are you others living off? I can feel that I am not getting enough nutrients in as I am very low and down. Any tips??

I've lost about 22 pounds since the op.

X[/quote']

Congrats on the weight loss im at 3 weeks today as well but can't help with food ideas cuz im STILL on liquids ONLY!

It is the only one I could stand to drink too! Today I tried the Cookies and cream one and I didn't care for it. Guess I better stick to the banana cream. I feel like I am eating all of the time but I am soooo thirsty! Congrats on 20 Lbs!! That is awesome!

I need to find another one as the banana is making me gag now. I seriously sound like Chunk off the Goonies after each sip. This sucks!!

I need to find another one as the banana is making me gag now. I seriously sound like Chunk off the Goonies after each sip. This sucks!!

I LOVE the Goonies! One of all time favorite movies!!

Need new ideas for what to eat getting sick of the same thung everyday

Need new ideas for what to eat getting sick of the same thung everyday

I'm on pureed yet. I eat egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, tilapia, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, cream Soups, chili, turkey meatballs, crab meat. Haven't been bored as of yet. Think ill be changed to regular soft foods tomorrow.

Im on soft but reg eggs turkwy lynch meat amd oatmeal make me sick im scared to try anything new but ik i need a xhange what kind of chili so u gt

My dr says I can eat anything just protien first and chew chew chew he also he said I pulled a muscle un my belly

Im on soft but reg eggs turkwy lynch meat amd oatmeal make me sick im scared to try anything new but ik i need a xhange what kind of chili so u gt

Don't remember the brand, but it was high in Protein. Top with Greek yogurt, or sour cream and cheese.< /p>

Had surgery on April 10th wednesday home by April 12th friday. sore of course when i got home but no bowel movement for ten days turns into small bowel obstruction. back in hospital on april 17th wednesday a week later and surgery again. woke up with a nasogastric tube a g tube with drainage bag. they capped off naso tube on sunday until then only ice chips which didn't start until friday. now after the first surgery was tired and a little weak but now when i get a little tired or short of breath i can sit down for a few minutes and i am ready to go again it is the weakness that is worst than before. right now may 6 I still have the g tube which has been great for taking Meal Replacements and Water into because the smell of the Meal Replacement causes my stomach to turn. and i can crush all my vit and other meds and put them in my tube. only foods that i have been able to eat since surgery is small curd cottage cheese, greek yogurt, tuna, Jello and pickles. i tried to eat grilled chicken and veg beef Soup after each bite i felt it stop in my throat and i didn't feel relief until i regurgitated it. I have no appetite so guess it is just better for me to continue meal replacements and Protein Powder and drink my water. Was told that the g tube would be in for 6 weeks. don't really mind it because i can push the meal replacement mixed only with water through my tube. If i didn't have it i would have mixed the meal replacement with skim chocolate milk like i did pre surgery.

Had surgery on April 10th wednesday home by April 12th friday. sore of course when i got home but no bowel movement for ten days turns into small bowel obstruction. back in hospital on april 17th wednesday a week later and surgery again. woke up with a nasogastric tube a g tube with drainage bag. they capped off naso tube on sunday until then only ice chips which didn't start until friday. now after the first surgery was tired and a little weak but now when i get a little tired or short of breath i can sit down for a few minutes and i am ready to go again it is the weakness that is worst than before. right now may 6 I still have the g tube which has been great for taking meal replacements and Water into because the smell of the meal replacement causes my stomach to turn. and i can crush all my vit and other meds and put them in my tube. only foods that i have been able to eat since surgery is small curd cottage cheese' date=' greek yogurt, tuna, Jello and pickles. i tried to eat grilled chicken and veg beef Soup after each bite i felt it stop in my throat and i didn't feel relief until i regurgitated it. I have no appetite so guess it is just better for me to continue meal replacements and Protein powder and drink my water. Was told that the g tube would be in for 6 weeks. don't really mind it because i can push the meal replacement mixed only with water through my tube. If i didn't have it i would have mixed the meal replacement with skim chocolate milk like i did pre surgery.[/quote']

Sorry to hear about your complications.

I wish i had mafgic words to make you feel better. I can tell you to give your wrries to God and eceryday should get a little better.

We are here all of us for for rants quesrions or just someone to listen.

Slow steps forward....think positive.

I know! I switched it up a bit. Got some vanilla and added some different flavors to it. Can't stand them anymore. Sick of Protein Shakes.< /p>

[ATTACH]3463[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3464[/ATTACH]

Im losing inches

post-31952-13813812009229_thumb.jpg

post-31952-13813812009481_thumb.png