Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

You mean the Protein Powder kind you mix in your food

No just in general if i make something like this and im allowed how ever many ounces how do i know how much Protein is in it

My dr gave me zofran for nausea ..did u get any meds to help

No I am still pre op until 05/15/13 but I went thru I hole ka bang with my aunt I was with her day and night for two months so I know how it is but my doctor already gave me my meds for nausea to take the day before surgery it's called metoclopramide

So, I've been watching the group for the past year while working with my insurance. Everything finally went through and my roux en-y surgery was Wednesday morning. Technically that's May 1st but your April group ROCKS! Surgery went awesome and I was able to come home the next day. (Yesterday) it's amazing how good I feel. I anticipated this being much worse. Im having no problems with liquids or Vitamins but I gag on the Protein Shakes due to the taste. I'm forcing them down. Any ideas?? I'm down 13 ponds since my Pre op appt last Thursday. Woo hoo. I'm so excited for this journey I just wish I knew how to use this site better, lol. (I only have the mobile version, ipad?? not sure if hats why its hard to find where to post?) How do u get those cute lil' tickers with your progress?? Great job to everyone and just know that your posts before surgery helped calm my nerves and got me through. :) Thanks all!! Hw:278 preop:268 cw: 255

So' date=' I've been watching the group for the past year while working with my insurance. Everything finally went through and my roux en-y surgery was Wednesday morning. Technically that's May 1st but your April group ROCKS! Surgery went awesome and I was able to come home the next day. (Yesterday) it's amazing how good I feel. I anticipated this being much worse. Im having no problems with liquids or Vitamins but I gag on the Protein Shakes due to the taste. I'm forcing them down. Any ideas?? I'm down 13 ponds since my Pre op appt last Thursday. Woo hoo. I'm so excited for this journey I just wish I knew how to use this site better, lol. (I only have the mobile version, ipad?? not sure if hats why its hard to find where to post?) How do u get those cute lil' tickers with your progress?? Great job to everyone and just know that your posts before surgery helped calm my nerves and got me through. :) Thanks all!! Hw:278 preop:268 cw: 255[/quote']

Put fruits or you can use sugar free syrups to change the flavor and use the unflavored Protein powder on your other food like broth yogurts or drinks

So' date=' I've been watching the group for the past year while working with my insurance. Everything finally went through and my roux en-y surgery was Wednesday morning. Technically that's May 1st but your April group ROCKS! Surgery went awesome and I was able to come home the next day. (Yesterday) it's amazing how good I feel. I anticipated this being much worse. Im having no problems with liquids or Vitamins but I gag on the Protein Shakes due to the taste. I'm forcing them down. Any ideas?? I'm down 13 ponds since my Pre op appt last Thursday. Woo hoo. I'm so excited for this journey I just wish I knew how to use this site better, lol. (I only have the mobile version, ipad?? not sure if hats why its hard to find where to post?) How do u get those cute lil' tickers with your progress?? Great job to everyone and just know that your posts before surgery helped calm my nerves and got me through. :) Thanks all!! Hw:278 preop:268 cw: 255[/quote']

Glad your doing well :) i also use the mobile app so i don't know how to do the ticker thing lol

Glad your doing well :) i also use the mobile app so i don't know how to do the ticker thing lol

You gotta make the tickers on the desktop site

My dr gave me zofran for nausea ..did u get any meds to help

No they didn't give me nausea meds, I guess because I was nausea free for almost 24 hrs. But it is hitting me now like Mac truck!!

No they didn't give me nausea meds' date=' I guess because I was nausea free for almost 24 hrs. But it is hitting me now like Mac truck!![/quote']

That's why my doctor prescribe me some because he said he does not want to take the change that's why I said to call your doctor because your pouch is still healing

If your on the mobile app, like on your iPad I don't think you can do the ticker from the app. What you can do though is just connect to the Internet on your iPad and go to the rny talk website instead of using the app. That's what I do, it's less glitchy, you can make a ticker if you want that way too. Hope it helps.

Your always welcome here

Yes it is and Wal-Mart carry it in some 3 tubes. The only thing is the thickness of the Fluid. I have never had cum in my mouth but I've seen it and I think it's an equal to swallowing. Just the way it looks and the gooiness of it

That's why I dilute it in Water. It's not that bad.

Read the label on the back it should tell you how much Protein if any

I'm on puréed foods too. I have 3 meals consisting on one of the followings day: Fat free Retried Beans, tuna fish or canned chicken, low fat cottage cheese, blended light yogurt, part skim ricotta cheese and puréed chicken or turkey are on my list for Protein sources. My serving size is a quarter to a half cup. If I still don't feel satisfied after that I can have a quarter cup mashed potatoes, puréed canned carrots or peas or green beans, cream of wheat, mashed sweet potatoes, or acorn squash. The second half of the list sounds best to me but usually I feel satisfied from the protein so I don't get to the second half of the list. :( I also have to drink 2 Protein Shakes a day still and of course Water water water. Hope this helps.

Are you allowed to add mayo to your tuna fish and chicken? If so, what brand of mayo? Do you blend it in the blender?

Are you allowed to add mayo to your tuna fish and chicken? If so' date=' what brand of mayo? Do you blend it in the blender?[/quote']

I add fat free mayo and mix it with a spoon

I add fat free mayo and mix it with a spoon

Thanks Krystal...hoping i can start it next week.