Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I was told to never use a straw bc it allows for air to fill your pouch instead of what your drinking.

I triple checked this info bc I LOVE drinking with a straw!!

Yep and I can say its true. I was drinking with a straw and had horrible gas pain. Now I know better:)

Today starts week 3 post op my first doc appt is the 30th a 3 week chexk in pains mostly gone i can walk normal now instead of a alow pace cuz of pain. still get winded a bit but other than that everythings going perfect. I made homemade chicken pot pie laat night corn peas green Beans carrots low sodium chicken broth chicken breast chopped and bisquit over potatoes i blended about a 1/4 cup of all of it did prerty good

Today starts week 3 post op my first doc appt is the 30th a 3 week chexk in pains mostly gone i can walk normal now instead of a alow pace cuz of pain. still get winded a bit but other than that everythings going perfect. I made homemade chicken pot pie laat night corn peas green Beans carrots low sodium chicken broth chicken breast chopped and bisquit over potatoes i blended about a 1/4 cup of all of it did prerty good

Great! I'm two weeks today and saw my surgeon yesterday. :)

HW 358 SW 344 CW 328 GOAL 200 surgery 4/11/13

Great! I'm two weeks today and saw my surgeon yesterday. :)

My was suupose to be 2 weeks but they couldnt get ne in til 3 weeks. This day 2 weeks ago i was in recovery drugged up lol

I have nausea. Headed to see my cardiologist then surgeon in a few.

When did you have surgery

Just ate my first non puree meal. It went down great.

Just ate my first non puree meal. It went down great.

what did you have

what did you have

tuna fish with Mrs dash and mayo.< /p>

My gosh Ihave been dreaming of tuna fish

My gosh Ihave been dreaming of tuna fish

Its much better when not purred

Surgery was Monday. So far so good but still having a lot of gas pain. What have others found helpful for that? They also found two hernias and repaired them so I have a bit more pain than expected, but doing ok. Protein Shakes, Water & broths are going down fine. Might try going to my daughters ball practice tonight & walk around the field (walking through the house is getting pretty boring)

HW 258 SW 249 GOAL 135

It really is interesting how different our doctors are. I won't have stitches they use glue. And I don't have the blue ice chip test. They do the leak test while I'm still in surgery.

Oh well! Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm starting to freak out a bit. But I know it's for the best.

I have steri-strips! And they did the leak test while I was in surgery also!

HW: 258 SW:?? CW: 236 SD:4/11/13 Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013

Oh come on!! We had surgery on the same day! And I can't have tuna till after next week. Than any other meat has to be pureed! I'm living off low fat cheese, refried Beans, cottage cheese, and yogurt. I'm dreaming of tuna!

HW: 258 SW:?? CW: 236 SD:4/11/13 Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013