Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Scrammbled eggs wheat toast cheese so far so good

This is where you can see the difference in doctors! Vanna and I had surgery the same day. I can't have "soft" foods for 3 more weeks!

I still have to make it through one week of "liquids" and then two weeks of "pureed". :-(

Okay, is anyone else sore? I'm super sore right at my belly button. I'm worried I've got a hernia or something there. Also, how many had their surgeon send home a binder or have bought a binder? Did it help at all? I think one would. If you do have a binder, what brand? If you bought one, where?

Okay' date=' is anyone else sore? I'm super sore right at my belly button. I'm worried I've got a hernia or something there. Also, how many had their surgeon send home a binder or have bought a binder? Did it help at all? I think one would. If you do have a binder, what brand? If you bought one, where?[/quote']

You are going to be sore for some time. No it's not like you had a bunch of hardware put in you, but you still had major surgery. You will know it if you had a hernia, to obtain one this soon you would have to be not obeying your drs orders.

Joined the losers side 4/11/2013

You are going to be sore for some time. No it's not like you had a bunch of hardware put in you' date=' but you still had major surgery. You will know it if you had a hernia, to obtain one this soon you would have to be not obeying your drs orders.

Joined the losers side 4/11/2013[/quote']

No, I worry because in the middle of the night, a week ago, my cat made a horrible noise/cry. I, in my sleepiness, tried to jump out of bed. It was a horrible wrenching pain in my stomach under my biggest incision. Of course I sleep on the left side

This is where you can see the difference in doctors! Vanna and I had surgery the same day. I can't have "soft" foods for 3 more weeks!

I still have to make it through one week of "liquids" and then two weeks of "pureed". :-(

Isn't it amazing! Same here- I'm still on Clear Liquids (although I did scramble a plain egg yesterday to try to get the pipes moving) but I had a friend have the surgery done at the same surgical center (different dr) and they started her on soft foods 2 days after surgery!!

And the darn cat was perfectly fine when I limped in there holding my stomach. Apparently he just decided to lose his damn mind for no reason

No' date=' I worry because in the middle of the night, a week ago, my cat made a horrible noise/cry. I, in my sleepiness, tried to jump out of bed. It was a horrible wrenching pain in my stomach under my biggest incision. Of course I sleep on the left side[/quote']

When do you see your Dr next?

April 25th and I'll have him look at it then. I was hoping it would go away or that it's a common site for soreness with others. Wishful thinking. I shouldn't have thrown my leg out and tried to get up like that. Oh well, it was a panicked reaction!

Just had my one week appointment and I'm down 13lbs! Also I was released to soft foods. My book from my doc says another week of liquids then 3 weeks of puree before soft, but because I'm tolerating liquids well he said I can do soft food!

I did not even realize i had a incision above the belly button until my shower after i left the hospital Sunday.

Just had my one week appointment and I'm down 13lbs! Also I was released to soft foods. My book from my doc says another week of liquids then 3 weeks of puree before soft' date=' but because I'm tolerating liquids well he said I can do soft food![/quote']

Nice!

April 25th and I'll have him look at it then. I was hoping it would go away or that it's a common site for soreness with others. Wishful thinking. I shouldn't have thrown my leg out and tried to get up like that. Oh well' date=' it was a panicked reaction![/quote']

I'd just keep a eye on it then my sister in law will be getting hers fixed but it's due to having four kids, it got bigger with the last one.

I was able to walk for 25 minutes yesterday before feeling faint and had to walk home. I was only about 5 minutes from my house. Prior to surgery I would walk my whole neighborhood at a quick pace and it would take 45mins. Yesterday it was slow moving. I want so bad to be able to work out normally to boost weight loss, but I'm not there yet.

Don't push yourself too hard too fast, Lou! You'll get back to it as soon as you're able, i know.

Just had my one week appointment and I'm down 13lbs! Also I was released to soft foods. My book from my doc says another week of liquids then 3 weeks of puree before soft, but because I'm tolerating liquids well he said I can do soft food!

Nice Work! I'm jealous :) I have my 10 day out appt on Thursday--maybe he'll move me up to full liquids early....