Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston, TX- Support Group

Is there anyone out there that attends the support group at Central Market in Houston, Texas? I think it is the 3rd Saturday of the month.

If so, can you give me some insight on the meeting?

I was recently banded and feel it will be beneficial to me to participate in a support group.

Hope to hear from of you Houstonians!:mad:

I used to go to one at Park Place Hospital and for some reason I quit. I think I found an active member unbearable (kinda dumb, I know). I'd love to start going again. But at Central Market? Are they out there in the open so people just walk by and hear the conversation?

I will need to take a look at the piece of paper I have. Seems like it mentioned something about going "upstairs" for the meeting. Like you, I was uncertain about the atmosphere of a meeting if it were held there. That was another reason why I was hoping to hear from someone who is participating at this location. Hopefully they can shed some light on what to expect.

Anyone out there attend this location?????? We hope to hear from you.

Kim

Hi Kimmie,

I was also recently banded in Houston and have not attended any support meeting as of yet. I believe the one you are asking about meets upstairs at Central Market on the third Sat of each month. I have not seen anything mentioned about it recently and will be out of town, so have not really paid a lot of attention. Also, Dr. Spivak is sponsoring a new support group that starts on March 13th that is open to anyone, not just his patients. Try this link for the Houston area bandsters and ask your question there. You will probably get a faster response.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HoustonAreaBandsters/messages

There are many support groups throughout Houston. I know that The Woodlands area has one and the Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area. You might have to post about a specific area if you want one close to home.

Also, most of the doctors have support groups. They usually meet once a month in the doctor's offices so you might want to check that out as well.

Central market has an area upstairs for private meetings and cooking demonstrations. You will not be discussing your issues in front of the whole store.

Good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches