Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat in a days time?

I feel like I eat all day long. Little things, but all throughout the day. So ar this morning, 2 scrambled eggs and 1 cup of cottage cheese. The eggs took me about 45 minutes to eat. The cottage cheese took me about 20 minutes. (I am intentionally eating slowly like we should be) I was banded 9-29-06 and have lost 21 lbs. I guess I feel restricted because the food goes down slowly. BUT ... I feel hungry again in about 3 hours.

Actually I think I need another fill but I'm still losing very slowly. I know my calorie intake is not too high for me, but I still find I can eat too much at one time.

Yesterday for me was

Breakfast - 2 weetbix with about a tablespoon of muesli over the top, skim milk

lunch - 2 rice cakes with curried egg and rocket, a muesli bar and an apple (that's too much at once, i think).

dinner (out for dinner) a caesar salad (ate half) a few bites of lemon tart (left the rest) 2 glasses of wine.

My doctor says that you are supposed to eat three meals per day with no Snacks. Up your Fiber and it will help you feel fuller longer. No drinks an hour after you eat.

If you get hungry throughout the day, sip on flavored Water like Crystal Light with some added Fiber supplement.

I feel like I eat all day long. Little things, but all throughout the day. So ar this morning, 2 scrambled eggs and 1 cup of cottage cheese. The eggs took me about 45 minutes to eat. The cottage cheese took me about 20 minutes. (I am intentionally eating slowly like we should be) I was banded 9-29-06 and have lost 21 lbs. I guess I feel restricted because the food goes down slowly. BUT ... I feel hungry again in about 3 hours.

It looks like you need more Protein. That will help curb the hunger. Your eating too soft of foods right now, the eggs, cottage cheese, can easily go thru the band.

Can you eat chicken, moist chicken? Fish? Even some tender roast, tuna? Get a little more "bulk" in your diet.

Thanks for the info. I think I have shyed away from solid foods like Sunshine suggested. They are harder to eat. I'm going to try harder to eat solid Protein.< /p>

I am in the process of reading a great book by Dr. Ortiz (I was not banded by him).

He makes a statement, the band was not created to give restrictions for liquids or mushies. It only works on solid food.

I know it takes practice to get it down, I know it takes a lot of work to eat solid foods, especially the healthy ones. However, that is what the band was created for. It will give you the most restriction.

Also, I think we have to clear our minds to thinking how much we should be eating, and listen to what our bodies tell us how much we should be eating. Sometimes 2 or 3 bites is all we can eat, so we must stop and try not to force it. Other times, we may be able to eat more.

Good-luck lafoose. Keep in touch with us so you can get your support.

I bought his book off Amazon.com, I received it within 5 days. Very fast. I also bought gastric lap band - the minimally invasive surgery, Eating well after Weight Loss Surgery, and Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. His book is the very best out of all of them! Its called, Lap Band for life.

Solid foods is the key to loosing weight with the band. I had my surgery by Dr. Ortiz last Friday and he told me that people always think they need a fill so they won't be able to eat. He said that he wants me to be able to eat but to eat solid foods. The band will not restrict liquids or mushy type foods. His nutritionist told me to have a Protein Bar for breakfast instead of the shake. She said I would feel fuller longer. I don't know yet because I am still only 8 days post op. I know some people have a lot of restriction in the mornings and they might only be able to have a liquid for breakfast.

You should be able to eat 1/3 of what you were eating before the surgery. If we eat too much, we can stretch the pouch. I know that seems open ended but it's an idea of how much to eat.

Good luck to you all!

Dr. Ortiz was my doc too - cottage cheese is a mushy and while pretty good Protein, it won't fill you up like a solid protein. Also, he suggests a meals last no more than 20 minutes -

I also recently met with his nutritionist and she said i could have two Snacks but make them Calcium rich like a small cup of skim milk or low fat yogurt.

B: 1 egg fried in Pam + 1 slice thin ham

S: High protein sugar free pudding

L: 1/2 tv dinner (chinese food) split with friend

S: sugar free hot cocoa, small piece of cheese

D: 5 forkfulls of salad and 5 bites of spaghetti with meat sauce

Exercise - skied for 3 `1/2 hours

Today

B: oatmeal with dried cranberries

S: hungry cuz no protein at breakfast 55 goldfish and no planned food!

L: high protein pudding

S: sugar free hot cocoa

D: wlill be fish and vege tonight

Exercise: Walked for 45 minutes