Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I'm new here and have been on the Optifast since March 15th...ill be on it for three weeks. Surgery April 5th. I'm curious to know what I can add to my shake because the taste gets a lil gross over time and I gag with every sip lol I have found that adding a tsp of pure cocoa powder is fantastic...however, I have 18 more days @ 4 shakes a day. Any suggestions? Thanks!

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

My nutritionist recommended artificial extracts like banana, hazelnut, coconut, etc. it only takes about a teaspoon and has made all the difference for me! I especially like chocolate banana :)

That sounds great! I know ill like the chocolate banana lol

Guess adding in a small dab of Peanut Butter would be a no no then?

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

Thanks btw missmegan :)

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

Lol darn it! Definetly do that when I get a chance to. This liquid diet wouldnt be so bad if I didn't have kids (at least thats what I tell myself) but having to cook meals for them is torture for me! I miss food already

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

Make a list of things you're excited about being able to do once you start losing weight. A couple weeks of no food will be nothing in comparison

Thats a great idea. Mentally I know what I'm looking forward too but writing it down and being able to check things off eventually will be awesome!

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

MissTiff- are you on shakes only? I know I will be on 2 weeks of Optifast but can have bars and Soups. I am worried about being hungry all of the time.

MissTiff- are you on shakes only? I know I will be on 2 weeks of Optifast but can have bars and Soups. I am worried about being hungry all of the time.

I'm on shakes for 21 days. The only other thing I'm allowed to comsume is black coffee, black tea, herbal teas, broths (10 cal/serving) and sf Jello and sf popsicles.

I am really starting to believe itsind over matter. I know I'm full from all the shakes and Water and stuff...but I still think I'm hungry when I smell food. I believe it gets abit easier each day tho.

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

I've been on Optifast for 10 days now (1 Soup, 4 shakes, 2 bars) the first 5 days were torture!! I was incredibly hungry, both physically and mentally! But the physical hunger eventually diminished. Now the mental hunger is still there, trying to sabotage my success every step of the way!

The bars are good, the shakes taste and smell awful (in my opinion) and the Soups are my favorite ( if I make them w chicken broth add hot sauce and salt and pepper). I am also allowed chicken broth. I put hot sauce, salt', and pepper when I crave salt.

I found that if I mix in sf Jello and freeze the shake, the smell is not as bad and the taste is better. Same w a little bit of vanilla extract.

Good luck! And remember this is temporary! Soon enough we'll be skinny, sexy, and healthy women! This torture is nothing compared to lifelong health and confidence problems!

I've been on Optifast for 10 days now (1 soup' date=' 4 shakes, 2 bars) the first 5 days were torture!! I was incredibly hungry, both physically and mentally! But the physical hunger eventually diminished. Now the mental hunger is still there, trying to sabotage my success every step of the way!

The bars are good, the shakes taste and smell awful (in my opinion) and the Soups are my favorite ( if I make them w chicken broth add hot sauce and salt and pepper). I am also allowed chicken broth. I put hot sauce, salt', and pepper when I crave salt.

I found that if I mix in sf Jello and freeze the shake, the smell is not as bad and the taste is better. Same w a little bit of vanilla extract.

Good luck! And remember this is temporary! Soon enough we'll be skinny, sexy, and healthy women! This torture is nothing compared to lifelong health and confidence problems![/quote']

Lol ur right the smell of the shakes is gross. All my shakes are vanilla which I do not like but been adding pure cocoa powder to it....soooo good! I'll definetly try the hot sauce and pepper tho in my chicken broth, that sounds like it will be good. When that lets me down I rely on my new best friend...sugar free Jello lol

Good luck to you on your journey as well! I am so happy to have found a place I can come to and share our experiences :) I'm not alone in this process anymore

HW 321 CW 321 GW 175

Thanks for the info. I will definitely try the hot sauce!

My nutritionist recommended artificial extracts like banana' date=' hazelnut, coconut, etc. it only takes about a teaspoon and has made all the difference for me! I especially like chocolate banana :)[/quote']

Missmegan I went out today to pick up some artificial extracts but no banana :( boooooooo! BUT I did get coconut (with chocolate is amazing!) And I found an orange extract..thinking should be good with vanilla or chocolate...fingers crossed!

Missmegan I went out today to pick up some artificial extracts but no banana :( boooooooo! BUT I did get coconut (with chocolate is amazing!) And I found an orange extract..thinking should be good with vanilla or chocolate...fingers crossed!

Yummy!!! chocolate and coconut sounds like a mounds bar. Ill have to try that one mañana :)