Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Phone Call Of My Life Today

*sigh* Well I knew from the start that the person interviewing me was going to be very hard to read because my mom had known him when she worked there. So basically the job the wanted to use me for was the production job. Which means I' d have to stand for 3 12-hour days sorting payroll and stuffing it into bags. It only pays $10.42 and hour...my last job paid $12 so that was dissapointing. He told me that I was his first interview and I would know within 30 days id they are going to hire me because their policy is that they have to see if the recruiters send them anymore resumes. However...the good news is....the hours are swing/night shift....and NO BODY wants them. He did mention that they could work around me school scheduel if need be. Which I think was a good sign because maybe he thought I'd be flexible enough for the job. It's just very troubling right now because I honestly could not read him...something I am usually very very good at doing. However he did go into extream detail with what the job would entail...which from past interviewing experience they do that if they are very interested in you. I was concerned because the guy who interviewed me, Ken, is Cindy (my mom's EX-BOSS) husband...so I thought there might be some hostility. But another good point was that the receptionist, Michael, knew my mom and loved her...so we were making chit chat and he said "yeah you're really guna like it here" And Ken is his boss too. So we'll see. I am going to send him a thank you card in the mail tomorrow. I did ask him about bennifits and it is STILL UHC and when my mom worked there 6 months ago they DID cover the lapband infact one of her co workes has had it so I know they have covered it for a while. And the don't make you do that stupid supervised diet! It's just a BMI over 40. THANK GOD! The good thing is the offer bennifits to part time employees and there is no 90 day grace period. So I am crossing my fingers as to getting hired. And honestly...as terrible as this is if I need to just work there for 2 months...and in those 2 months do my preop (I have done everything else, nurses consult, DR consult ,and the Psyc Eval) get my surgery. Work for a few more weaks and then just leave I will. I know that' sunethical but the odds are already against me cause everyone was made my mother left the company after 7 years...and they seem to be taking it out on me. Very frusturating. I know the job will SUCK standing for hours all day with 275 pounds on my poor ankels....but hey....a $17,000 diveded by two months of work is $8,500...So really when you break it down like that it is more than worth it. So I guess I justhave to hurry up and wait right now. I think I'll look for a temp agency in the time being. I have high hopes...from what the really nice receptionist said...they are having the hardest time ever to find swing shift people. So I think I'll be the only person they can pick.

I hope I hope I hope.

=]

I will sooo keep all of you updated....This is huge to me and by far the closest I have come to getting the band.

I'm trying not to get too excited...because I don't want to be let down...but I can't help it.

I'm tired of being the fat girl.

It's amazing how much it controls my life...just the other day some of my friends wanted to pick me up and go on a mini road trip to portland...and I wouldn't go because she has a two door car and I would have to sit in the back...and I would be so ebarassed trying to squsih back there. And today I was packing to go camping (which I haven't done in like a year) and I realized that I didn't even fit into my favorite Dale Earnhardt camping chair. So how do I explain to my friends that I can't sit around the camp fire and roast marshmellows...cause I can't fit in a camping chair?

I just want to be normal.