Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Detox - oh how the mighty have fallen

So I'm going to come clean and admit that I have royally f'd up my regiment and have been indulging for the last few weeks. I've picked up cigarettes again after 9 months of not smoking, I've been eating too much and of bad things like chocolate and gelato because I work at whole foods and am alone around it all day at my station. I've been slacking at the gym and haven't been doing Protein Shakes daily.

I've also been eating good Protein but not nearly as often as before.

It's been effecting my body very negatively in a way I can feel all over and I hate it. I'm disgusted with my actions and am beyond disappointed with myself.

The reason I'm confessing is because 1. I needed to get it off my chest and 2. Because I want to warn everyone that not getting totally sick off bad foods is 100% a reality and you have to be SO CAREFUL not to let yourself fall back into your addictions like I have. It's a horrible feeling and I don't wish it on anyone.

I plan on doing a complete detox starting this Monday. Will only be doing liquid and detox tea/supplements for a week to attempt to completely cleanse my body of all the shit I've filled it with.

Absolutely do not justify my actions one bit - just sharing because I want everyone to be more careful than I was. It was a lot easier to fall back into my old life style than I ever could have imagined.

post-19216-13813811597721_thumb.jpg

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

Girl get together!! You didn't go through all this to gt back where you were!!! Snap out of it!!! Ok so you have a plan. Start with the detox and get back on the program, ASAP. Get pictures of your old self put them around so you don't forget how far you have come and that you don't want to back there. Good luck. Also most important STOP smoking no one wants to kiss a butt. LOL

Thank you for being honest & real. You've got a plan, stick with it & you can get back on track. It must be tough to work around those temptations. You've come too far toward your goals to sabotage yourself now.

Thanks for the honesty. I am 5 years post op and the one thing I can attest for is....by 18months post op your body will be able to tolerate more foods. Consider 18mos as a hit zone to really make sure you stay focused. I won't lie, I allow myself the no no foods from time to time. I have measured out 2 snack sized snickers as my sugar junk limit. If 2 don't make me feel the negative reinforcers, then I detox by going back to basics. After 2 wks my body can't handle sugar n junk food with ease as before. I have also found signing up for 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathons and full marathons helps keep me accountable for my exercise regimen and keeps me on track. It keeps me focused on a goal. Hope this info helps.

Thank you for sharing! is there any way you can get switched to a different station at work? I think it would be a struggle for anyone to be around ice cream all the time! You have taken the first step by admitting you have screwed up, now get your butt in gear and get back in the game! We will all have to fight getting back into old habits, and you just have to keep at it. As Joe Dirt once said, "Keep on Keepin on" ;). You are worth fighting for.

You are always honest and straight forward- we would except anything less. I know your going to jump right back on track!! What made you get off? We're you stressed about something?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

You are always honest and straight forward- we would except anything less. I know your going to jump right back on track!! What made you get off? We're you stressed about something?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ever since I allowed some sugar in my diet during Christmas I've struggled with craving sugar again and working at whole foods has given me a lot of opportunities to sample the wrong things. Thanks for the support :]

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

You got this girl. My daughter... who your personality reminds me of just went off to basic training and at a year out I am struggling with the same things. I hate that food still controls us after all this time. The mind is so powerful. I still logged in all tha bad crap into my fitness pal and am eating pretty good. Sugar is calling my name. But so far I have resisted...I also havent walked my usual 4 miles a day in 2 weeks. But am vowing this week to start back with that. We can do this!!!!