Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to Forum-had Gastric Bypass 1-24-13

Hello everyone! I am from California & as I stated had a gastric bypass & am now 6 weeks post op. The main reason for going so drastic was, because I could never get enough weight off to be completely satisfied with myself despite the MANY weight loss programs I've tried in my lifetime! Oh yes, I'd lose but was unsuccessful in keeping it off. I never let myself go over 250 pounds but still being 5'3" this was too much for my body. then the fact that there is diabetes running on our family not to mention high blood pressure well this was enough for me. Given my age & these factors alone was enough to scare me. I have enough back problems and knee problems as it is & hopefully, losing weight will help me somewhat here.

As far as for dumping have not as yet, experienced this however, nausea is another thing. During my hospital stay I was nauseated the whole entire three days. I had to stay an extra day due to a lie grade fever, my saturation was low so was on oxygen most of the time & my blood pressure skyrocketed. Perhaps, due to the pain & nausea. At any rate, the nausea did subside on day 3 & everything else was good so was able to go home.

After having been home a week or two I did experience nausea & it was pretty bad. I had it twice in one day which was miserable. After hours of discomfort finally took a nausea pill prescribed by my doctor & felt better!!

As of today I am 25 pounds lighter. my eating is quite small but do make my Protein Shakes daily to ensure that I get all my Protein in. Don't want to loss my hair! Have read this with others & too, my support group had said as much there.

Ok, I'm writing a novel here so need to close. It has been interesting reading on each and every one of you!!! Good luck @ do hang in there!

Continued success and I haven't yet had mine, but have dealt with some nausea issues with some meds I'm on, Dramamine has done wonders for me, stops the nausea and I don't feel draggy like phenagran makes me feel!!

Jannb35-thank you for your nice comments. Wish you much success when you have your surgery. What type of procedure are you going for? Take care!

Jannb35-thank you for your nice comments. Wish you much success when you have your surgery. What type of procedure are you going for? Take care!

Your very welcome !! My surgery is on April 24th,..I am having Gastric Bypass, with the help of my doc, we have determined this is best for me!!