Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on March 4 2013. Having severe gas pains and fill so full can't burp. Help!

I am new on this site, just join a few hours ago. My name is Mercy and I'm 53yrs. I really would like to have friends who can share with me and give my positive encouraging words. I opted to have surgery after researching for 2yrs making sure this is the tool I would use to have and live longer.

I previously had tasted the hard and enduring work of loosing 100 plus pounds. But after a severe car accident I was left partially immobile. I try to put in the hard Work I had done before but after 3 back surgeries I was not the same. I find myself secure with the decision I made to have the surgery and I can tell you that prepping for it was not an easy task for me. However I am optimistic and are committed and understand the discipline it's needed. What I did not know is how I was going to feel just days after. I was ready for pain, for lil portions, limitations and schedules and even though I've had other surgeries have never had gas problems after surgery nor the feeling of being stuffed. I haven't sleep we'll since I had the iv with pain med and now what was given to me can't help with gases or the feeling of being over full. I've try gas ex, teas, walking, and lots of crying last night and that's how I found this site. My hubby and family are very supportive but I need to be around people who understand me. People that don't think I opted surgery as a chicken exit, for it truly is not if anything it takes more dedication then I have ever had. I know God open the doors for me and its He who sustains me. But I need new friends. Won't you be mine.

Welcome!!! Sorry about the gas issues but really walking and gas x helped me.

My heating pad has been my best friend! In fact I just put it in a drawer tonight and I'm 25 days post-op.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

Welcome Wingsofmercy, congratulations on your surgery, I am having mine on Monday March 11th. I have been told by my surgeon and dietition that walking is the best way to get rid of this gas that eveyone is experincing after this surgery. I also have read on this forum that folks are using GAS X strips to help with the gas. I just went to Walgreens tonight and got myself a box. I hope this helps you. Good Luck and God speed for a great recovery.

Welcome and Congrats Mercy, I commend you on changing your life in order to save it!! That is what I am doing also on 4/24/13....I've had a band back in 2007, and had a horrible experience with gas trapped in my shoulder, but the more I walked and taking GasX was my savior!! I've since had my band removed and will be having GB soon, that gas issue scares me, but not as bad as leaving this world b4 I see my grandbabies grow up!! Hang in there !! Praying for you!! And I'm here if you need me!!

Ps, I have found taking Beano b4 I eat helps alot with gas!!

Janet