Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MEN! GRRRRR (Sorry men)

You are so right, Leticia! I am afraid it is time to copy some of your notes and start putting them up :) thanks for good ideas, I liked the last one the best ;)

I had to tell him 6 times to get out of bed and get our child because he is awake.

I had to tell him 6 times to get out of bed and get our child because he is awake.

Oh, I hear you :) sometimes I think that my hubby is half deaf, but I realized he is just filtering my voice :)

My husband and I have been married for 17 years. We married at age 26, and he had lived in his own for 8 years. We both work full time. When we first got married I did everything. But then his job was cut and he spent the next three years on and off work. During the time he wasn't working he did everything. Now, jobs are stable. But I still do all the cooking and he cleans up after. He does the laundry and we hired a cleaning person so we don't have to do that in the little spare time we have. Works perfectly. He is my biggest supporter. He now calls me skinny Minnie. He makes me feel beautiful every day.

Loved all your stories. Thank you for making my day and bringing a smile to my face. When I got married 13 years ago (not my first' date=' but my last) I worked full time, took 16 hours of college credits at the age of 58. My husband on the other hand was disabled, not that it was visually noticeable as it wasn't. To make a long story short, his first wife had died and all 34 years they were married, he worked, cleaned the house, mowed 10 acres, etc. etc. etc. First wife read, watched TV, did crafts, went with her sister to different craft shows. Oh, did I add she controlled the money. So when he married me, he resented the fact that he still had to do the house work, etc. Finally, one day I looked at him and told him politely, okay then, I'll quit, you work, or it can be like it was for you before, I'll sit on my a, read, watch TV, do crafts, etc. etc., or you can look at this way, if I were the stay at home person wouldn't you expect a clean home, dinner on the table, laundry done and put away, because I use to do that too and work, but so did my previous husband, but his job was more like 80-90 hrs a wk. Well we came to a mutual understanding and never had an argument again. I helped when I could, we spent time together, he took care of me, and I took care of him (which totally surprised him that I would as he didn't have that before). Well he passed away two years ago, and just before his passing, when his family came to visit him one last time, they took me aside and thanked me. Not for taking care of him which they appreciated, but for the fact they had seen a large change in him from the person he had been the previous 34 years. I made his life better, and in doing so, I made there's also. They now had a brother, an uncle which they didn't seem to have previously. He had become more family oriented and enjoyable to be around. His sister to this day still thanks me for making him a better person and she doesn't want to be called a sister-in-law but sister. That is my love story and I hope someday you will find that man who will give you the same love, respect and support that you deserve. Because there is someone for everyone. For me, mine was laid to rest November 18, 2011. Now, for me I have to pick up my own dirty clothes and wash them. Cook my own meals, clean the house, let the dog out, let the dog in, feed the dog, feed the cat and work. Damn do I miss him. :wub: [/quote']

I love your story.

I married a mama's boy who was raised to help around home and I wouldn't have it any other way. Do I have to remind him sometimes he has chores to do? Yes, but he will eventually do them without argument. And the little things like making his plate or fixing a cup of tea are totally worth it since they make him so happy. Little things make a big difference, and they must go both ways.

Ok.... I'm about to get some back lash. (already ducking and taking cover)

BUT LADIES... It's not them' date=' its us!

Okay.. let me break it down!

We Super Women set this up and then we get pissed because we haven't train this overly taken care lazy men. LOL

For example... I bet most of you can cook your butts off, try to keep and organize your homes and know exactly what to do to cater to your men. Why, cause we're the cream of the crop ... We're Super Women!

When we first start dating these lazy bastards we're super happy and all in love. "oh ... He he he how cute his clothes are on the floor, let me pick them up" .. or "baby are you hungry, here's your meal".. "are you done, let me get your plate"

Ok.. wait! That's what us ladies are suppose to do right? NOPE!

My momma always says.. "Never make his plate unless you plan to do it for the entire relationship." LOL. She also said... Always divi-up the chores and never do his or else you'll be doing it for the entire relationship.

Yes.. my moms a character BUT she also just celebrated her 30th wedding renewal and might I say those two are still in love and sex.crazy.

We have to change them gradually without letting them know we're doing it. I personally just ain't a gradual kinda person. I started leaving large hand written notes.

"I AM NOT YOUR MAID, NOR YOUR MOM."

"I GUESS YOU WERE NEVER GOOD AT BASKETBALL CAUSE YOUR CLOTHES HAVE CLEARLY MISSED THE BASKET"

"A HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE... DOING ALL THE CHORES DOESN'T MAKE ME HAPPY.. MORE LIKE CRAPPY"

my favorite.... I throw little slight subliminal comments. "I was watching Y&R today and Nick was cleaning his house.. that's so sexy" or this man was on this cooking show cooking a special dinner for his stay at home wife. Awwww it was so sweet.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 4.5 mons post op. CW: 160.0 lbs. --- Only 10 lbs to my goal ---[/quote']

LOL, this is soo true! I'm as slowly training my husband but there are set backs. I'm definitely gonna use notes. :-)

My husband is wonderful...except when he's sick like today...then I'm supposed to wait on him he's the biggest baby in the world. Jesus, it's just a cold! As someone who lives in chronic pain, it can be frustrating to see someone make so much out of a cold!

My husband is wonderful...except when he's sick like today...then I'm supposed to wait on him he's the biggest baby in the world. Jesus' date=' it's just a cold! As someone who lives in chronic pain, it can be frustrating to see someone make so much out of a cold![/quote']

All men are babies

My bf didn't get out of bed today till 1 and we have a 17 month old...I know he didn't sleep that long. I told him on the phone you better get shit done before I get home instead of dying on the couch

My husband is wonderful...except when he's sick like today...then I'm supposed to wait on him he's the biggest baby in the world. Jesus' date=' it's just a cold! As someone who lives in chronic pain, it can be frustrating to see someone make so much out of a cold![/quote']

He sat in the recliner sniffling all day...arrrrrgggghhhh!

I have a great and hard working man. He works massive hours and never complains.He helped raise the kids and doesnt drink or gamble. He is very supportive. BUT...his mom is here and is staying with us until December. He is eating this shit right up! I am not working so I usually make his meals for when he gets home. His mom has taken over and fixes him all his favorite things. He is now being waited on hand and foot by his mommy. He acts like a spoiled child. ;) I told him to not get too used to this cuz it WILL NOT continue when shes gone!!

I have a great and hard working man. He works massive hours and never complains.He helped raise the kids and doesnt drink or gamble. He is very supportive. BUT...his mom is here and is staying with us until December. He is eating this shit right up! I am not working so I usually make his meals for when he gets home. His mom has taken over and fixes him all his favorite things. He is now being waited on hand and foot by his mommy. He acts like a spoiled child. ;) I told him to not get too used to this cuz it WILL NOT continue when shes gone!!

Lmbo that's right it will not continue when she is gone.

Lmbo that's right it will not continue when she is gone.

Mami you know how them hispanic men are right?? ;)

Lol

SW 363lbs Surg Date 4/16/2013 CW 291lbs