Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MEN! GRRRRR (Sorry men)

Am I the lucky one? Did I find the only guy on the planet that thinks I am his mother? I am 28 years old, and he is 27. We've been together for a little over 2 years and we have a 11 month old. The plan was never to move in together, or have a child (I was told I couldn't get pregnant, surprise!). We have lived together for about a year. In that time, I went from working FT to PT so I can be there for our son and so we don't have to pay for a babysitter while he works FT. He thinks because he works FT and I don't, he should get out of the luxury of doing anything around the house, unless I ask him-which he usually sighs and goes on like it's in the end of the world. It's like, when do I get a day off though? I work 2 days a week, and the rest of the time I have our son and cleaning up.

What really takes my cake though, is he is such a slob! He cooked bacon last night, covered the stove with grease and left it there for me to clean up. He got new shoes, and left the tags and stuff next to the trash can instead of just putting it in there. He puts his dirty clothes in the floor next to the basket instead of in it. The list could go on and on. He does stuff on purpose to get out of helping me. For instance, he worked 11p-7a and then had the rest of the day off. Instead of taking a nap while my son and I were asleep, he waits till were back from the store, and I am trying to clean to go take one-which means I can't clean, and then have to keep our son quiet (we live in a small 1 bedroom duplex).

Lastly, he is very unloving. I asked him last night to spend some time with me. I was playing a game and he was too at the time. He said he was tired and going to bed. He said he was tried to spend time with me the other day. (I was in bed asleep, he came home and woke me up, I went back to sleep)

I don't know, are all guys like that? Yes he pays the bills, and makes sure that we don't go without, but I could do the same if I wasn't worried about who watches our child, and would still be left with everything to do around the house. I am just so frustrated. There's no talking to him about it, because he thinks he is god's gift to women and he points out everything I don't do......rant over(for now)

Idk how I miss this post. I married the same type of men. Hamper empty but yet clothes on the floor.

How'd we miss this? I think in general all men want to be taken care of. My husband has some of these things going on too, but since we both work full time and I just graduated from grad school he was kinda on his own when it came after cleaning up after himself.

Hope things are better for you lately.

Surgery date 7/25/12

I've been married 31 yes. Yes, to some extent this is most men. When we got married my mother-in-law had been cleaning his room and doing his laundry... I just took it over. After 31 years his dirty clothes still end up on the floor NEXT to the hamper. He's an auto tech so his pocket crap ends up on my kitchen counter - hose clamps, various tools, nuts and bolts, dirty greasy shop-rags, etc. :-p. When the kids were little and I was going to school nights I would make his dinner, then he would come in and I would go out. Guess how many nights I came home to him still waiting for me to serve his dinner to him?!

I've learned to live with it. He doesn't drink, do drugs, go out with buddies, gamble, or cheat so if that's his only problem I can deal with it. It helps to keep my sense of humor.

And I have to apologize in advance to whichever young girl ends up with my son... because despite my best efforts he is just like his dad! :-)

I've been married 31 yes. Yes' date=' to some extent this is most men. When we got married my mother-in-law had been cleaning his room and doing his laundry... I just took it over. After 31 years his dirty clothes still end up on the floor NEXT to the hamper. He's an auto tech so his pocket crap ends up on my kitchen counter - hose clamps, various tools, nuts and bolts, dirty greasy shop-rags, etc. :-p. When the kids were little and I was going to school nights I would make his dinner, then he would come in and I would go out. Guess how many nights I came home to him still waiting for me to serve his dinner to him?!

I've learned to live with it. He doesn't drink, do drugs, go out with buddies, gamble, or cheat so if that's his only problem I can deal with it. It helps to keep my sense of humor.

And I have to apologize in advance to whichever young girl ends up with my son... because despite my best efforts he is just like his dad! :-)[/quote']

Lmbo about your son

Mind's really considerate. He does most of the cleaning, although I often have to clean after him :) and he cooks if I ask him. I think it's because he was raised by three sisters! Lol.

Now my first husband....he was a chauvanist pig!

Am I the lucky one? Did I find the only guy on the planet that thinks I am his mother? I am 28 years old' date=' and he is 27. We've been together for a little over 2 years and we have a 11 month old. The plan was never to move in together, or have a child (I was told I couldn't get pregnant, surprise!). We have lived together for about a year. In that time, I went from working FT to PT so I can be there for our son and so we don't have to pay for a babysitter while he works FT. He thinks because he works FT and I don't, he should get out of the luxury of doing anything around the house, unless I ask him-which he usually sighs and goes on like it's in the end of the world. It's like, when do I get a day off though? I work 2 days a week, and the rest of the time I have our son and cleaning up.

What really takes my cake though, is he is such a slob! He cooked bacon last night, covered the stove with grease and left it there for me to clean up. He got new shoes, and left the tags and stuff next to the trash can instead of just putting it in there. He puts his dirty clothes in the floor next to the basket instead of in it. The list could go on and on. He does stuff on purpose to get out of helping me. For instance, he worked 11p-7a and then had the rest of the day off. Instead of taking a nap while my son and I were asleep, he waits till were back from the store, and I am trying to clean to go take one-which means I can't clean, and then have to keep our son quiet (we live in a small 1 bedroom duplex).

Lastly, he is very unloving. I asked him last night to spend some time with me. I was playing a game and he was too at the time. He said he was tired and going to bed. He said he was tried to spend time with me the other day. (I was in bed asleep, he came home and woke me up, I went back to sleep)

I don't know, are all guys like that? Yes he pays the bills, and makes sure that we don't go without, but I could do the same if I wasn't worried about who watches our child, and would still be left with everything to do around the house. I am just so frustrated. There's no talking to him about it, because he thinks he is god's gift to women and he points out everything I don't do......rant over(for now)[/quote']

I thought I was reading about my husband, the only difference, I'm divorcing my husband, because he's a slob and cheap, he doesn't want to pay bills but yet he wants to be head of household..not, exit to the left, we got no kids together so this should be easy. And did I say he gives me no support at all.

Loved all your stories. Thank you for making my day and bringing a smile to my face. When I got married 13 years ago (not my first, but my last) I worked full time, took 16 hours of college credits at the age of 58. My husband on the other hand was disabled, not that it was visually noticeable as it wasn't. To make a long story short, his first wife had died and all 34 years they were married, he worked, cleaned the house, mowed 10 acres, etc. etc. etc. First wife read, watched TV, did crafts, went with her sister to different craft shows. Oh, did I add she controlled the money. So when he married me, he resented the fact that he still had to do the house work, etc. Finally, one day I looked at him and told him politely, okay then, I'll quit, you work, or it can be like it was for you before, I'll sit on my a$$, read, watch TV, do crafts, etc. etc., or you can look at this way, if I were the stay at home person wouldn't you expect a clean home, dinner on the table, laundry done and put away, because I use to do that too and work, but so did my previous husband, but his job was more like 80-90 hrs a wk. Well we came to a mutual understanding and never had an argument again. I helped when I could, we spent time together, he took care of me, and I took care of him (which totally surprised him that I would as he didn't have that before). Well he passed away two years ago, and just before his passing, when his family came to visit him one last time, they took me aside and thanked me. Not for taking care of him which they appreciated, but for the fact they had seen a large change in him from the person he had been the previous 34 years. I made his life better, and in doing so, I made there's also. They now had a brother, an uncle which they didn't seem to have previously. He had become more family oriented and enjoyable to be around. His sister to this day still thanks me for making him a better person and she doesn't want to be called a sister-in-law but sister. That is my love story and I hope someday you will find that man who will give you the same love, respect and support that you deserve. Because there is someone for everyone. For me, mine was laid to rest November 18, 2011. Now, for me I have to pick up my own dirty clothes and wash them. Cook my own meals, clean the house, let the dog out, let the dog in, feed the dog, feed the cat and work. Damn do I miss him. :wub:

Loved all your stories. Thank you for making my day and bringing a smile to my face. When I got married 13 years ago (not my first' date=' but my last) I worked full time, took 16 hours of college credits at the age of 58. My husband on the other hand was disabled, not that it was visually noticeable as it wasn't. To make a long story short, his first wife had died and all 34 years they were married, he worked, cleaned the house, mowed 10 acres, etc. etc. etc. First wife read, watched TV, did crafts, went with her sister to different craft shows. Oh, did I add she controlled the money. So when he married me, he resented the fact that he still had to do the house work, etc. Finally, one day I looked at him and told him politely, okay then, I'll quit, you work, or it can be like it was for you before, I'll sit on my a, read, watch TV, do crafts, etc. etc., or you can look at this way, if I were the stay at home person wouldn't you expect a clean home, dinner on the table, laundry done and put away, because I use to do that too and work, but so did my previous husband, but his job was more like 80-90 hrs a wk. Well we came to a mutual understanding and never had an argument again. I helped when I could, we spent time together, he took care of me, and I took care of him (which totally surprised him that I would as he didn't have that before). Well he passed away two years ago, and just before his passing, when his family came to visit him one last time, they took me aside and thanked me. Not for taking care of him which they appreciated, but for the fact they had seen a large change in him from the person he had been the previous 34 years. I made his life better, and in doing so, I made there's also. They now had a brother, an uncle which they didn't seem to have previously. He had become more family oriented and enjoyable to be around. His sister to this day still thanks me for making him a better person and she doesn't want to be called a sister-in-law but sister. That is my love story and I hope someday you will find that man who will give you the same love, respect and support that you deserve. Because there is someone for everyone. For me, mine was laid to rest November 18, 2011. Now, for me I have to pick up my own dirty clothes and wash them. Cook my own meals, clean the house, let the dog out, let the dog in, feed the dog, feed the cat and work. Damn do I miss him. :wub: [/quote']

That was beautiful, that's what it's all about, bringing out the best in each other.

My husband and I both work full time and I make more money than him. We both mostly fend for ourselves, so the house tends to stay a bit messy. We are both pretty lazy when it comes to house chores, but for me there is a limit. He takes it to a whole new level. When he washes his own clothes, he will take the lint out of the dryer, but rather than throwing it away five steps away, be will throw it behind the dryer. I have to move the dryer to sweep it out because I'm scared it will cause a fire. He will also put trash in the sink with dishes. Drives me crazy. I tend to leave empty Water bottles on the counter but he leaves half empty coke cans everywhere. Its easy for me to throw away the water bottles, but I have to take the coke cans to th sink and pour them out before they can be thrown away. On top of that he drinks 10+ cokes per day and leaves them half full everywhere because he can't remember which one is new or old... we get along great but occasionally get on each others nerves. He is trying to get into the offshore oil drilling so he can make enough money for me to quit my job and take care of the house. I would be more than willing to do all the chores if I did not have to work...

Am I the lucky one? Did I find the only guy on the planet that thinks I am his mother? I am 28 years old' date=' and he is 27. We've been together for a little over 2 years and we have a 11 month old. The plan was never to move in together, or have a child (I was told I couldn't get pregnant, surprise!). We have lived together for about a year. In that time, I went from working FT to PT so I can be there for our son and so we don't have to pay for a babysitter while he works FT. He thinks because he works FT and I don't, he should get out of the luxury of doing anything around the house, unless I ask him-which he usually sighs and goes on like it's in the end of the world. It's like, when do I get a day off though? I work 2 days a week, and the rest of the time I have our son and cleaning up.

I don't know, are all guys like that? Yes he pays the bills, and makes sure that we don't go without, but I could do the same if I wasn't worried about who watches our child, and would still be left with everything to do around the house. I am just so frustrated. There's no talking to him about it, because he thinks he is god's gift to women and he points out everything I don't do......rant over(for now)[/quote']

Put his things in a trash bag &same with dishes ; pots and pans slso give him paper plates it works I done it yrs ago &my husband has learned marriage is a two way street.

My husband does a lot of the same crap lol clothes NEVER make it in the hamper he always throws them at the end of bed it drives me crazy...he also never puts things back in the medicine cabinet like his shaving cream it would only take an extra 2 seconds he leaves dishes piled in the sink will walk over something that fell on the floor instead of picking it up and leave empty cups all around lol he does help clean if I ask but I have to ask ...before we had our daughter we both worked fulltime but I did most of the cleaning and cooking then too now I stay home with her but as any other stay at home mom knows it is a job and u never get a day off I complain and nag him but at the end of the day he's a great husband and steps up when needed but like most men he loves to be taken care of and if he can get away with it he will keep doing it lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RNYTalk

I thought I was reading about my husband' date=' the only difference, I'm divorcing my husband, because he's a slob and cheap, he doesn't want to pay bills but yet he wants to be head of household..not, exit to the left, we got no kids together so this should be easy. And did I say he gives me no support at all.[/quote']

Oh girl how long you been married? Looks like I'm heading in the same direction. I really love my hubby but I want to be single.