Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

College supposed to be best time...

Alright I guess I will just introduce myself. My name's Tiffaney. I am 21, in college, studying zoology and biochemistry. I live by myself, with my dog, two cats, a tortoise and a snake. I love animals, if you can't tell, I've always depended on them not to let me down, like so many people have. I had my surgery on 2-8-07. hmmm...what else.My doctor was supposed to set me up with a dietician (sp?) but hasnt done that so far, so Im kinda on my own here. I am currently on the whole clear liquid diet thing, but I am feeling so weak...any suggestions? O and to help make sure that I will get off my butt and exercise, I am getting a puppy, a bull terrier, the target dogs..they are very high energy and HAVE to be walked everyday or else they will destroy your house. I need that kind of ultimatium

Anyways..so thats me:clap2:

Welcome Tiffaney! Sounds like you are off to a great start. You might need to up your Protein intake to get some energy back. Not the greatest tasting stuff in the world, but it is not horrid, is Zero Carb Isopure, it is in bottles like a Sobe drink, available at GNC, and it has 40g. of protein per bottle. Try to check protein amounts on your broth etc, get some Protein Powder, I used unflavored Unjury (www.unjury.com) you can add it to most anything. sugar free popsicles help during the clear stage, and I sucked on SF hard candy---kept my taste buds busy!

As you heal, and the weight drops, you will find yourself looking forward to exercising---as hard as that is to believe!!

You will be so glad you did this while you were young!!!

Welcome--habg out ask any questions you might have---we are glad you are here!!

Kat

Hi Tiffaney,

I am on full liquids as of yesterday. Banded 02/08/07 also. I like the Amplify Protein powder, it tastes more then good. I agree the Isopure sucks. I was not able to get it at GNC, but the local gym carries it, about $3-4 a bottle.When do you see the doc again? did he say anything about full liquids? i would follow up with his office regarding the dietician.

It is soooo worth it, I have lost 12 so far, 73 to go!

I won't be eating cjicken broth for quite sometime if I have my way!!I would discuss the Protein shakes again, They are really filling and you need the Protein to keep your hair from falling out. I have not heard of one doc so far that does not like the shakes!

Keep me posted on that.

Hi and welcome! You say:

My doctor was supposed to set me up with a dietician (sp?) but hasnt done that so far, so Im kinda on my own here.
And my advice is - don't wait for someone else to make it happen. From your introduction, you know this already. If you can schedule it yourself, do. If you cannot, give the office no peace until they get it done. It's fair to expect your surgeon and his staff to serve as your advocate and assist you in getting things done that they're supposed to help with anyway. So stop being nice, and get your appointment so you can kick some major weightloss booty! :)

Wheetsin is exactly right! It would have been better to have seen the dietician in preparation for your surgery but since that didn't happen, you need to get your Doctors office to arrange that visit. Again I will repeat what everyone has said here, that you need to have Protein, for energy, for your hair and for your nutritional needs. Call today and see about that nutritionist appt.