Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After the storm there is a rainbow

My surgery as some may know was on January 9, 2013,

I had a rough start but a lot of people here told me the road ahead would get better and in all honesty it has :)

For those who do not know, after my surgery, I had to return to the hospital the following week because I had an infection and a blood clot where the drain was, it was a pain in my stomach so bad that I couldn't even take a deep breath and it was really hard to get up and out of bed. I then got discharge only to return the following week because I kept throwing up everything I would eat, including Water. I was sent home again only to return again because I was still throwing up (yeah just my luck...smh)

My Dr decided to do an endoscopy on me to stretch my pouch, my only fear was I did not want to be stretch to much because I wanted to continue to lose weight. (Mind you during this entire month I really have not been able to eat or drink too much so this procedure was very much needed.) In total I have had 3 endoscopy procedures. The 1st time they did not do anything, the 2nd time they stretched a little but I kept throwing up, and the one this week seems to be ok, because I have not thrown up at all!!!!

I have lost 50lbs so far, :)

I see the difference in my body, my skin, my clothes, my scars are fading away, asthma in control, and finally I do not need that awful scuba diving sleep apnea machine anymore

And now that I can actually eat without getting sick, I feel somewhat human again. Lol

I had so many regrets about doing this surgery only because I had a rough start, Now that things are running better for me; I know I made the right decision doing this gastric bypass.

I just wanted to tell anyone here if you do run into problems or any issues, do not get discouraged

These are just minor obstacles that will soon move out the way....believe me I am a living testament to this.

I have a question,

Now that I'm able to eat I wanted to know if we are allowed to eat meals like lean cuisine, healthy choice or smart ones?

I am still following the menu plan my Dr gave me, (soft foods stage 3) I just wanted to see if anyone has tried these meals, if you like them or should I just do my own cooking?

Guess I am looking for a variety in my diet?

Thanks in advance

Veronica :)

How did you know you didn't need your cpap anymore? And congrats on your weight loss.

Thanks

When I did my sleep test 2 years ago I was pregnant at the time

I gained a lot of weight, (past 300lbs) I snored a lot, my breathing was out of wack along with my asthma and the Dr wanted to make sure me and the baby were both ok because I would pause during my sleep. The weight had a lot to do with it, now since I am loosing my breathing has been better so I no longer use it.

I eat the smart ones. Early on before you're allowed Pasta or rice, I recommend the roast turkey with mashed potatoes, mesquite bbq chicken, or the meatloaf. They're high in Protein and soft.

I eat the smart ones. Early on before you're allowed Pasta or rice, I recommend the roast turkey with mashed potatoes, mesquite bbq chicken, or the meatloaf. They're high in Protein and soft.

Ok cool I will check it out thanks :)