Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merina pre-op and periods post op?

Anyone able to share their experience/expertise on the post op merena period?

I get some nuisance bleeding monthly - I don’t even pay attention to when - it’s about enough to wear pads for 2 days - just curious.

Funny you should bring this up because I was just doing some google searches because mine has been nothing but annoying since I got it. I had it put in a few weeks ago, like maybe Feb. 7th, and I have had bleeding every day since. Not a lot, but enough to have to wear pantiliners constantly and enough to piss me off. My doc said I will be "irregular" for about 3 months and it should clear up. I didn't know "irregular" meant constant "flow"--pun intended ;)

I haven't experienced any pain or discomfort (aside from when she put it in--OMG!--but I sure hope this situation remedies itself soon or I may try a different BC method. Which I don't want to do because I've had bad experiences with the other kinds.

Funny you should bring this up because I was just doing some google searches because mine has been nothing but annoying since I got it. I had it put in a few weeks ago' date=' like maybe Feb. 7th, and I have had bleeding every day since. Not a lot, but enough to have to wear pantiliners constantly and enough to piss me off. My doc said I will be "irregular" for about 3 months and it should clear up. I didn't know "irregular" meant constant "flow"--pun intended ;)

I haven't experienced any pain or discomfort (aside from when she put it in--OMG!--but I sure hope this situation remedies itself soon or I may try a different BC method. Which I don't want to do because I've had bad experiences with the other kinds.[/quote']

Give it time. I got my first mirena in 2005 and after five years got my second one in 2010. I had some spotting/light flow at first but since 2005 I don't even have a period. It's awesome!!!! I love having my IUD and would not go back to another form of BC ever again!!

Good luck.

I had intermittent bleeding for six months when I had it put in - it does regulate but those first few months sucked.

I will do another next year when this one expires - I'm happy with it and happy with not hemmoraging like I did before the iud!

Anyone have it pre surgery?

I'm still pre-op and I just had my IUD implanted about a month ago. I had light spotting almost every other day, and now I'm on my first official period since it was inserted. No pain at all, and the bleeding is much lighter than before. So I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I'm pre-op. I've had it for 18months. Love it!. I don't remember what it was like my first month or two. But I know with-in 3 months my periods was almost nothing. With-in 6 months I had little spotting or no period at all. At around 13 and 14 months I had 2 long heavy periods. They have been short and light since and very irregular. My weight is also the highest it has ever been it could be a factor in the irregularity.

I did have to go see my obgyn this month. I couldn't find the string. He found it and pulled it back down. He said " I can see why you couldn't find it!!!" after he used 3 different sized tools to open me up and search. Lmao!

Jessica. can't wait to start this journey. Approved, waiting on a date!!!

I had an ablation done! Also had a polyp that was causing a lot of bleeding. No period now at all!!!! Yes! Love it!