Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STRICTURE? Please help me

They scope you and dilate you with a mild sedative.

Lol. I haven't a clue what scope and dilate means but doctor said something like stretch it so I'm assuming it means that.

A scope is something they use with a camera to go and check the intestines. You can have a colonoscopy and look and lower intestines entering thought rectum or have an EGD and look though upper intestines. The call the instrument they use a scope. Dilate just means to make larger, stretch. Basically when you get a stricture the new stoma opening has narrowed and partially and or fully closed and they need to reopen this so food can pass through.

The dilate the hole with a balloon. I have had 2 strictures. Its easy breezy!!

Ok thanks everyone. I ate for the first time. It was only like half an egg and it took forever to eat it because it hurt in my chest after each bite, felt like a truck sitting on it. I just waited it out. It hurt but not absolutely unbearable like the other day.

So does that mean I just need to work at it and eventually it will get easier?

Ok thanks everyone. I ate for the first time. It was only like half an egg and it took forever to eat it because it hurt in my chest after each bite, felt like a truck sitting on it. I just waited it out. It hurt but not absolutely unbearable.

So does that mean I just need to work at it and eventually it will get easier?

I still would call your surgeon and see what he says. It should not hurt when you eat if you are taking small bites and chewing well. I would be very concerned about this. Do you have papya enzyme?? That does help when food gets stuck you can find them at Walmart and they are chewable.. They are a must..

I keep forgetting to get those.

I guess I'm not ok. I ate that half an egg yesterday hurting but kept it down and I just ate some turkey chili and so far so good. The chili did not hurt this time.

Woohoo!!

Thanks for the prayers!!

God is great!!!

Well sadly I'm not ok. I'm in hospital drinking nasty medicine for CT scan and tomorrow EGD and possible dilation.

I can't keep any food down or if it stays down it hurts so badly.

God is still great!!! :)

Well hopefully you just need a dilatation and all will be well. Keep us posted. Keeping you in my thoughts...

Ugh so far it's awful. Nobody warned me the CT Medicine would make me get the runs. I tried to make it to the bathroom but couldn't get my pants down in time pooped all over myself had a crying spell had to wash my panties in the sick. Please tell me it's going to get better.

It gets better!!! I had the CT scan last month. That stuff is nasty you have too drink!! And a lot of it too boot with a tiny stomach. The EDG for stricture dilatation is very easy

It gets better!!! I had the CT scan last month. That stuff is nasty you have too drink!! And a lot of it too boot with a tiny stomach. The EDG for stricture dilatation is very easy

Did they put you to sleep for your dilatation?? How long were you there after? I know i was told but can't remember...

It was a stricture. It was nearly closed up. I'm glad I called my surgeon. Thanks for the advice and support.

My throat was funky so they ended up having to intubate me and knock me all the way out instead of just the IV meds but I should get better soon.

He said it was pretty bad and unfortunately will probably have to be repeated but at least I know what the problem was.

God is good!!!

Well thankfully you know what was wrong and had it fixed. Nothing worse then having those issues and then they can't find out what is causing them. Hope you feel better.... :)

I still would call your surgeon and see what he says. It should not hurt when you eat if you are taking small bites and chewing well. I would be very concerned about this. Do you have papya enzyme?? That does help when food gets stuck you can find them at Walmart and they are chewable.. They are a must..

What are all of the issues/symptoms that the papaya enzymes help with?