Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid of rhe camera still?

Ok, I know I am not the only one who was afraid of the camera when they were larger. I mean there is only 1 picture of me at my highest because it was taken by my 7 year old and she wouldn't take NO for an answer.

I am still now afraid of the camera. I would love to have updated pics so I can see my progress, but I hate the camera. I still will not sit on the other side of it. (I am a photographer.) Anyone else have or ever have this problem and how do you get over it?

I am afraid to see fat me in photos, no matter what they are used for! Even if I do need to see them!

Hmm...I'm surprised you haven't gotten any responses yet! I'll bite- I'm afraid of the camera. People think I'm weird. I guess its easy to be in denial if you don't have to look at yourself through the unforgiving lens of a camera. Anyway, I like taking pictures with my digital camera because then I can take a look at my progress without having to print the actual picture out and have a hard copy for me and everyone else to see. Anyway, I think that if we DON'T have pictures to remind us of how far we've come in our journey, someday we will regret it. That thought makes it a bit easier to get my photo taken. That said- there is nothing wrong with getting yourself all "dolled up" for the photo and having someone take it who's willing to work with you until you have a good angle etc.

But just know, you are not alone in your phobia!!!!! Best of luck to ya!!!!

I'm afraid of the camera too! I have a real problem with seeing myself how I am, I imagine I look better than I do, lol. No truly, and when I was fat I didnt see it when I looked in the mirror but to get a real glimpse in a photo was horrifying. So I became afraid of photos. And I still am. Now I get a more pleasant shock, but I cant shake the fear.

And I'm not photogenic. I look OK I guess, about the same as most people, not gorgeous, not ugly. But I often come out looking TERRIBLE in photos, I always manage to do something that makes me look like I have 4 chins and I have very deep set, kind of small almond shaped eyes, that disappear in photos, I always come out with my eyes shut or if I'm smiling, they disappear altogether.

I hate being in photos- I am taking fortnightly progress photos but if i I had to use a traditional film camera so that I had to send the photos for processing- I would not do it. I just find the photos really tough to look at!

I am just now getting comfortable with it. Its hard. I actually like the way I look in pics better than what I see when I look in the mirror. Thats odd to me. It gets better :)

Glad to hear it neal, don't like mirrors or cameras at the moment- the truth hurts a bit too much!

Your before and after pictures are lke chalk and cheese, I hope you can get to the point where you are not just comfy, but down right proud. It is an amzing transformation AND in such a short time frame!

I just noticed, you have dropped another pound- only one more to go!! I am excited for you!! I expect bells and whistles when that last digit drops! Nothing like living vicarously through the success of others along the way!!