Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much were you down at 4 months out from surgery?

I was wondering how much weight everyone had lost at 4 months out from surgery. I was wondering if I was on track or if I should be doing better for how big I started out. My starting weight when I got home from surgery was 342 and I am now at 261 that is 81 pounds lost. Is this good? I am happy with it but I wanted to know if I should be doing better. Thanks family!

Your loosing like .67/lb a day...

Your loosing like 4.69/lb a week...

Your loosing like 18.76/lb a month

that’s pretty awesome

Well when you put it that way it is great, LOL.. Thank you!!!! ;-D

You are doing great.!!

Well I will be 4 months post op February 28. I weighed 287 and lost 11 pounds in the pre op liquid diet. Surgery weighed 276. By December 13 I weighed 234. After gallbladder surgery and being NPO for 5 days I weighed 224 December 29. I now weigh 215-217 I keep bouncing back and forth. Been that for a month now. I literally have stopped losing

I was wondering how much weight everyone had lost at 4 months out from surgery. I was wondering if I was on track or if I should be doing better for how big I started out. My starting weight when I got home from surgery was 342 and I am now at 261 that is 81 pounds lost. Is this good? I am happy with it but I wanted to know if I should be doing better. Thanks family!

That sounds awesome!!! Congrats on the weight loss :)

Amy

Amy ~ Gastric Bypass Surgery 2/4/13 @ 270 lbs.. Current weight 243 lbs!

You are doing above average. If you ever have questions ask your surgeon. They have the experience to guide you. Comparing to others may leave you hurt and depressed at some point. However, your weight loss is amazing

Well I will be 4 months post op February 28. I weighed 287 and lost 11 pounds in the pre op liquid diet. Surgery weighed 276. By December 13 I weighed 234. After gallbladder surgery and being NPO for 5 days I weighed 224 December 29. I now weigh 215-217 I keep bouncing back and forth. Been that for a month now. I literally have stopped losing

I don't think you have stopped losing. I think you are at a stall. Those are not fun and can last up to months I have heard. Maybe try looking at what you are eating (getting in all your Protein before carbs) and doing more exercising or changing up your exercising. I was losing like 1 or 2 pounds for like a month or so so I started working out again and paying more attention to my protetin and I lost 5 this last week. Your body will get use to the same thing everyday so you have to change it up. You can do this girl it just takes time. Our bodies are still in shock. We still don't eat that much or as much as our bodies are use to us eating ya know. Keep your head up. You will start to lose again!

You are doing above average. If you ever have questions ask your surgeon. They have the experience to guide you. Comparing to others may leave you hurt and depressed at some point. However, your weight loss is amazing

You are right. Everyone losing differently. My doc said I am on the high end of weight loss but I didn't know if he was just being nice, LOL. I guess your doc won't really do that. He isn't here to be nice but to keep you on the right track and help you lose all your weight. Thanks girl you are right!

You are doing really well. I was 262 DOS on 11/19. I am three months today and I weigh 218. I am losing about 2 - 2.5 pounds per week. My doc said I am about average.

Kisersassy, You better not be done losing. We are at the same weigh. You'll start again. I have faith!!!

You are doing above average. If you ever have questions ask your surgeon. They have the experience to guide you. Comparing to others may leave you hurt and depressed at some point. However' date=' your weight loss is amazing[/quote']

Yup!! I need to take this advice!!

You are doing really well. I was 262 DOS on 11/19. I am three months today and I weigh 218. I am losing about 2 - 2.5 pounds per week. My doc said I am about average.

Kisersassy' date=' You better not be done losing. We are at the same weigh. You'll start again. I have faith!!![/quote']

I do have faith. I am going Thursday and buying me a treadmill that should help. The past couple weeks I have had so much homework I haven't had time for much else. I am bouncing between 214 and 216 right now. I know its Fluid retention. I am starting today a new fluid regime to see if it helps

That sounds awesome!!! Congrats on the weight loss :)

Amy

Amy ~ Gastric Bypass Surgery 2/4/13 @ 270 lbs.. Current weight 243 lbs!

Thanks girl! ;-)