Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

I'm so lost as to what to get or eat when I get home from the hospital

Kimberly, my dr suggested Clear Liquids only for at least a week so I had sugar free Popsicles, sugar free Jello, broth, tea and Water. About 5 days post op I was able to start adding Protein Shakes in. For me, the Protein Shake was heavy compares to the clear liquids so I had to break it up over the day.

Oh my gosh' date=' how cool is that!!!...That's weird how they can test your metabolic rate. I'm hypo and have to take thyroid meds. Can't wait to see what my results are! I guess it's to see if you will be a fast loser or slow loser. Is that the purpose of the test?[/quote']

I'm not sure, maybe they prescribe more exercise or more or less calories based on this...

the closer it gets the more nervous i am. i dont tolerate pain good lol or needles.

I drank alcohol just over a week ago. I would not risk it this close to sx.

the closer it gets the more nervous i am. i dont tolerate pain good lol or needles.

Same here im so moody I snapped at my boss and got wrote up I have never done that before

Same here im so moody I snapped at my boss and got wrote up I have never done that before

Me too. I've snapped at my mom and my husband several times. I think it's the anxiety...

right, i hate waiting wish it was like yesterday. I am so ready for this

Me too. I've snapped at my mom and my husband several times. I think it's the anxiety...

Im just a bundle of nerves and all I do is work this is my 13th day strait at work twelve hour shifts and then u go home and take care of my 7 kids

Im just a bundle of nerves and all I do is work this is my 13th day strait at work twelve hour shifts and then u go home and take care of my 7 kids

Yeah I have been working like crazy otherwise they would not let me have the week off. I will have to work tomorrow too.... 40hr a week job that takes 60hrs a week to do with no overtime : (

Yeah I have been working like crazy otherwise they would not let me have the week off. I will have to work tomorrow too.... 40hr a week job that takes 60hrs a week to do with no overtime : (

They wouldnt let be off either unless I got enough hours I work at a nursing home

Hi guys my operation has been shifted to the 15th April now due to an upper respiratory infection. It's another week of anxiety and excitement. At least I don't have to wait a month. The waiting can be so terrible sometimes but it also gives me time to get other stuff done so long .

Well your are updater you make everything real when you put are names in the list we appreciate it thank you

I agree! Thank you!!!

I am a total needle phobe..and I ask very much a low pain threshold person..And I will tell you the hardest part of the needles was the iv.. The pain was not too bad. I'm home since Friday and didn't fill my pain prescription. I almost never used the pain pump at the hospital...I used it because I had a headache. It hurts like menstrual cramps. Not horrible

I had my appointment with ther surgeon today. I will be having my gall bladder removed at the same time.

I have not received the official call from the hospital yet but the surgeon said I am the first on the schedule...so should be 8am. Which means arrive at 6ish? I guess that is better than a late time with nothing by mouth!

Good news...no bowel cleanse! He said he has not found it to make a difference. Also... I wont need a catheter unless I have trouble urinating after surgery. Yay!

I'm so nervous and emotional!

I'm totally nervous myself too.. Just had to do a liquid diet for one week.. Stop my nsaids meds.. I don't tolerate pain well either.. I have PCOS and dysmenorrhea and when I do have a period I'm down.. Those cramps about kill me.. Hurt all the way down my legs..

I'm unfortunately not going to have my husband there for me.. My husband lives and works in NC, we live in WV still currently and he took time off for spring break already.. My mom will stay here with kids. My stepdad will take me to hospital which is an hour away too and be with me a while Monday but will come home afterwards.. Then come back and get me on Wednesday if all goes well I get out then.

I've never had surgery.. I've never been under for anything except sinus cleaning abt 10yra ago so I'm terrified..

I have a 7 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter that I don't think understand it all yet.. I'm debating on going to church this morning cause I just wanna veg I guess but I should go.. I've not told hardly anyone and I guess I need prayers bad for my fears especially! Will post a pic later today for my pre-op shot.