Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

I'm new on here and just wanted to say how nice it is to read all the posts from others who know exactly how I'm feeling. My surgery is scheduled for April 24th. Please add me to the April dates.

Congrats on ur date! I'm only a few days behind you with a surgery date of April 29th

April 8th is my big day...I am so excited! Anyone else have any idea how long to expect to be out of work? I am getting different answers from different doctors. I have had an appendectomy and gall bladder surgery (both laparoscopic) and I was well enough to go back after a week with both. I am a high school math teacher and I can easily sit at my desk and teach. Just wondering what you all have been told to expect.

April 8th is my big day...I am so excited! Anyone else have any idea how long to expect to be out of work? I am getting different answers from different doctors. I have had an appendectomy and gall bladder surgery (both laparoscopic) and I was well enough to go back after a week with both. I am a high school math teacher and I can easily sit at my desk and teach. Just wondering what you all have been told to expect.

I'll be out at least 4 weeks. Some people with desk jobs are only out 1 weeks. Really depends on your surgeon.

Jessica, SD 4-11-13 follow me on Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013

I will be off a week and then work from home a week. I am sure it's not necessarily the physical part, but more mental from changing your life... being drained from less food, watching for complications, and gaining new habits. Seems like a lot of people from the Feb group said they went back to work after two weeks, but did not start feeling like themselves till 4 weeks.

I'll br out for a month

Hello everyone! I'm on the final count down. my surgery is Tuesday April 9th at 1pm. (i wish it was earlier in the day) oh well. I'm kinda getting discouraged by all the people that say why don't you just exercise? You've already lost weight, just keep doing that. <_< It's frustrating to tell "my story" over and over and to have to explain why this is a good decision. Meh.

I'm worried I'm not prepared enough for once i get home. I think i have to order more protien shake mix tomorrow. I'm on the Unjury shakes now. I've heard that it's good to use the bariatriac advantage post surgery. any thoughts?? :blink:

Hello everyone! I'm on the final count down. my surgery is Tuesday April 9th at 1pm. (i wish it was earlier in the day) oh well. I'm kinda getting discouraged by all the people that say why don't you just exercise? You've already lost weight' date=' just keep doing that. <_< It's frustrating to tell "my story" over and over and to have to explain why this is a good decision. Meh.

I'm worried I'm not prepared enough for once i get home. I think i have to order more protien shake mix tomorrow. I'm on the Unjury shakes now. I've heard that it's good to use the bariatriac advantage post surgery. any thoughts?? :blink:[/quote']

I'm sure they are good but i won't pay that kind of money. I like Syntrax necter and matrix shakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

Is it too early to start an April thread? I didn't see one yet.

I'm scheduled for April 22. I still have to finish PCP clearance and psych then insurance approval but don't anticipate any problems. Once I started my appointments the excitement and anxiety kicked in. I started 6 month supervised diet in August....this used to seem so far away and like a vague idea but its so real now. My anxiety is double as my husband's date is march 18 and I worry a lot more about him than myself. How are all the other April folks doing?

April 15th surgery date!!! On day 4 of a 14 day clear liquid diet. This has been really tough! Everyone still needs me to cook and take care of them but just smelling food and then drinking my Protein Shake is hard! 10 more days, and then the healing begins.

I'm having surgery April 22. I just got my packet in the mail telling me i go for pre op testing at the hospital April 10th....then a pre op visit with the surgeon on April 18th. I only have to diet 3 days prior to surgery. Low sugar, low fat Soups and two Protein Drinks with skim milk a day to shrink my liver. They also want me to come to the office on the same day as my hospital pre op test to do a metabolic test...has to be on a empty stomach. What is that all about? Anyone know what a metabolic test is and how it's done??? Getting really excited!!!

Yep, I just did all of that this past Monday. You will go for labs, then they will do chest X-Rays and draw blood from an arterial vein (which hurts BTW) and then you will have an ultrasound of your belly. After all that, you will go to a room with a giant machine, and drink barium, jump on this machine while still drinking the barium and it will fly you around to coat your whole stomach so it will light up and they can take pictures. Then you will NEED to take some Milk of Magnesia because you cannot go to the bathroom for a day or two after that barium stuff. The worst part was the arterial blood draw and the barium. It took about 3.5 hours altogether.

At the hospital now waiting to get registered!! Not nervous at all! Just super excited!!

surgery date - Apr 5th/2013 9am

I'm going in April 23rd!!! My doc said I will be on a liquid diet for 3 weeks after surgury and not to eat anything else until I see him. Any suggestions as to the groceries I need to stock up on? What to pack as well

Grocery List:

chicken, beef and veggie broths

sugar free Jello

sugar free popsicles

Soups (you will have to strain them)

Protein Shake supplements

skim milk or light soy milk

Extra strength Gas-X

Packing List

comfy pj's

pillow for the ride home

chapstick

phone, charger & earbuds

toothbrush, paste & floss

deodorant & powder

I've taken off 2 weeks and I hope it's enough. It seems everyone is different after surgery. Some have lots of pain, some have none.

Best of luck today to the friends having their lives changed!!! :-)