Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

The way my husband started quitting is by attacking one habit at a time. First he quit smoking in his vehicle. Next he quit smoking at home' date=' so he was only smoking at work and at the bar. He is still working on those. We won't be going to the bar anytime soon so that habit will be avoided. He quit buying them which has helped, but at work there are a lot of smokers and they keep offering him cigarettes if he will go on a smoke break with him.[/quote']

I dont smoke in the car or house so that makes it easier and i stopped buying them however my hubby still does...

I stay home during the day with my 2 yr old so i cant smoke much but when i need a minute to relax i go outside and have one so im trying to figure out what i can do when i need a quick 5 minute break i also was always a big smoker when i get on the phone so ive stopped that and now when i get on the phone i try to have a quick conversation with whoever it is before i get the urge to go outside for one

I dont smoke in the car or house so that makes it easier and i stopped buying them however my hubby still does...

I stay home during the day with my 2 yr old so i cant smoke much but when i need a minute to relax i go outside and have one so im trying to figure out what i can do when i need a quick 5 minute break i also was always a big smoker when i get on the phone so ive stopped that and now when i get on the phone i try to have a quick conversation with whoever it is before i get the urge to go outside for one

Oh we never smoked in our house, I meant smoking while he is at home outside. He used to have one right when he woke up. Then he smokes 3 before he works out, then, 3 more after that, another after lunch, one before leaving for work then he would smoke on the way to work. He smoked 2 packs per day and is now down to 2 cigarettes per day. We did not smoke in our house though because it would smell to bad.

I quit smoking tobacco cigs 7 months ago with a ecig. This ecig still has nicotine....will I have to stop this too before surgery. I wrote on my medical form that i do the ecig....but Dr. never said anything about it???.....I'll be so bummed if they cancel surgery because of this. How long does nicotine stay in your blood????..Anyone know?

Frick!!!!! I just got a call from the bariatric center.. they need me up there Thursday for my class! But I have to work! If I can't get off work Thursday I have to cancel and change my date for a later time!! To make it all worse I won't know if I can have Thursday off till 5am Thursday morning.

If I can't take a vacation day I guess I'll take the points against me. Which means I'll get a write up the next day. Grr I hate the points system!!!

Yeah I seen the number on my phone and I got really excited. Then she told me the date and I started shaking' date=' then I almost puked.[/quote']

Congrats! I will add you soon!

I quit smoking tobacco cigs 7 months ago with a ecig. This ecig still has nicotine....will I have to stop this too before surgery. I wrote on my medical form that i do the ecig....but Dr. never said anything about it???.....I'll be so bummed if they cancel surgery because of this. How long does nicotine stay in your blood????..Anyone know?

I really don't know. With the ecig. I think you can get non nicotine cartridges.

I have started takeing Biotin a couple weeks ago I swear my hair has grown a inch already

One of my friends from my fb group says her hair is even more thicker and healthier than before the surgery after using. I'm going to start the week of the surgery. :)

Frick!!!!! I just got a call from the bariatric center.. they need me up there Thursday for my class! But I have to work! If I can't get off work Thursday I have to cancel and change my date for a later time!! To make it all worse I won't know if I can have Thursday off till 5am Thursday morning.

If I can't take a vacation day I guess I'll take the points against me. Which means I'll get a write up the next day. Grr I hate the points system!!!

I would take the points against me this surgery is your new life maybe you can get a note from the doctor

Oh we never smoked in our house' date=' I meant smoking while he is at home outside. He used to have one right when he woke up. Then he smokes 3 before he works out, then, 3 more after that, another after lunch, one before leaving for work then he would smoke on the way to work. He smoked 2 packs per day and is now down to 2 cigarettes per day. We did not smoke in our house though because it would smell to bad.[/quote']

Wow thats great 2 a day from 2 packs a day ....ill get there soon hopefully

I hope everything works out, Jess!

Hi everyone! It's official surgery date is April 29!! I am beyond happy right now.

Congrats

Hi everyone! It's official surgery date is April 29!! I am beyond happy right now.

WooHooo!!!! Congrats! :D

Ooooo I know I'm new here but can you add me?' My surgery is scheduled for April 12th!