Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boild eggs remain dense and hard to eat but are definitely edible

I have to eat them slowly and then they seem to go down well for this 3-month post-op patient. What are your experiences with boiled eggs? . Does it make a difference if the eggs are hard boiled or soft boiled? I always eat the yolk for nutrition whether it is hard boiled or soft boiled.

I do poached and use an egg poacher. They are soft and seem pretty easy to digest. No issues with them.

I actually love hard boiled eggs but the two times I have tried them they have been far to dry and got stuck! Not fun! I am 4 months out. I do love them mixed with a little fat free miracle whip or some mustard. I love having then soft poached or over easy!

Hope that helps ;)

@soontobehealthymom I just tried scrambled eggs runny for the first time after my surgery 2 weeks ago and it was extremely painful will not be eating eggs again

I still stay away from eggs... Ill be a year out feb 21st

@soontobehealthymom I just tried scrambled eggs runny for the first time after my surgery 2 weeks ago and it was extremely painful will not be eating eggs again

Same thing happened to me. My 1st scrambled egg caused extreme chest pain and I vomited. I can eat tuna with chopped boiled egg tho. Weird

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

Trust me, don't swear them off just yet, they are a good source of Protein. You can have them so many different ways. Give it a little time and try try again. There are foods that I absolutely said I wouldn't eat but now love. My rule is try it three different times before I say no more.

Hope that helps ya

eggs r good. I love to make tuna patties. Mix a can of tuna and one egg. Mix well and I cook with olive oil. Don't forget to add ur spices. Eat with cottage cheese and tomatoes slices. Yummy.

Same thing happened to me. My 1st scrambled egg caused extreme chest pain and I vomited. I can eat tuna with chopped boiled egg tho. Weird

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

Might've just been what it was cooked in. Did you use butter or oil?

I'm only a week out but wanted to jump in here. We have about 50 chickens that started laying again and we are collecting 15/19 eggs a day! I sure hope I'm a lucky one who can still tolerate eggs! I love our fresh eggs!

I'm only a week out but wanted to jump in here. We have about 50 chickens that started laying again and we are collecting 15/19 eggs a day! I sure hope I'm a lucky one who can still tolerate eggs! I love our fresh eggs!

Jump in anytime :-) I love eggs!

Really hoping I can tolerate since it is a good source of Protein and to break up the beef and chicken monotony! I'm such a picky eater...another reason I'm so nervousness about getting the operation.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5, 2013