Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months out and Gas pains?

Hey Guys, I know TMI... but I have been getting horrible gas pains right after I eat. Almost instantaneous. I am about three months out and this just started. shakes are ok but I just had chicken and it was almost immediate. I'm chewing well so I don't think that is it. Gas X really doesn't help it. It is so weird. Anyone else? Or is i just me??

Hey Guys' date=' I know TMI... but I have been getting horrible gas pains right after I eat. Almost instantaneous. I am about three months out and this just started. shakes are ok but I just had chicken and it was almost immediate. I'm chewing well so I don't think that is it. Gas X really doesn't help it. It is so weird. Anyone else? Or is i just me?? [/quote']

I'm the same way, I burp all day it's annoying and even nauseous. I sometimes have it when drinking Water. I see my doctor tomorrow for my second follow up, and I will ask him. I get frustrated because I shred my chicken and chew it so much and it still gives me the urge to burp

Ugh the pains are worse then the hospital. I still have them. I'm miserable.

Is pain like burping or abdominal gas pains?

Abdominal gas pains. I've always hiccuped and had some burping post op.

Worm I hope you get some answers soon. Feel better :)

Thanks. It's better this morning but still not good. Only got three hours of sleep.< /p>

I get that too but only one or two times. Usually followed by well you know...if it doesn't let up you really need to call surgeon office

Well I called. They think it's a bug. Ugh

Well I called. They think it's a bug. Ugh

Oh no! Your going in for a check up?

Wormie, i hope you start feeling better AND get some good sleep. Sending healing wishes!

Thanks all! I got some sleep and I am doing better today. Living on yogurt and Water crackers. They think it affect me differently because of the surgery. I seem to be the weirdo with the intestinal issues. It just scares me since I had a complication with an intestinal stricture (staple caught the other side and twisted.) If it didn't ease up today I had to go in for an x-ray.

I went to the ER last night cause my stomache was hurting sooooo bad, I tried shower, bath, gas x, and milk of magnesia and nothing helped. At the hospital (after a long 4 hour wait) I had a cat scan and blood work which all came back normal, I was told to follow up with my dr which I did and he gave me two painful shots on my tummy, one on my belly button and the other on my left- it "helped" but the pain is still there-- he said it was an anti-inflammatory --- not sure what caused it but it scared me!!!!! It's not my gall bladder nor stones, he said it could be the sutures or the beginning of a hernia--- hope this goes away fast!!!

Raquel, You sound like me. It was freakin AWFUL! I tried everything (same as you) and nothing would help it. I almost went to the ER but I was afraid of what happened to you, sitting there and nothing. It did start to subside about a day after it started. I was scared too!

Let me know how you are and I hope it goes away fast!!!