Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I had a steroid shot last Wednesday in a desperate attempt to kill this rattling wheezing crap that's been living in my chest for 2 weeks (it's better but definitely not gone). So I'm now finding myself ravenously hungry!!!! I'm on vacation in the Florida Keys and I swear I'm like starving to death every 3 hours, it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!! Luckily I can't eat huge amounts or I would be going home packing on the tonnage......ready to be the old me again!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 212

Hello Everyone!

I know I've been so neglectful to this forum I haven't been on in months, but if you guys only knew the hell I've been through..

Here goes nothing, having this gastric bypass surgery, has been a gift yet a curse... I love the weight loss but the complications that are going with it, are out of this world!

Yes I've lost 77lbs, yes I look AWESOME! But.. I was constantly sick... always in pain, Unable to eat..correctly, Nausea has not gone away to date, i was going an entire week without having a bowl movement and I have come close to losing my life TWICE!

I have been like this since surgery.. I became completely depressed, which is why I stopped coming on the site, stopped talking to almost everyone I know all together. I was always sick and didn't want to burden anyone with it. Being that there was nothing the doctors could do but give me meds that weren't working.

EXACTLY TWO MONTHS after surgery, it was discovered that I had pancreatitis and slush in my gallbladder. This was due to my rapid weight loss.. 257-207 in 2 months was a lil more than my body was use to..I was in the hospital for 8 days and my surgeon decided to take my gallbladder out, I was stressed out due to the fact that the scars I had from the gastric bypass were almost gone and now here they come about to slice me open but my surgeon did an amazing job and used my same incisions from the previous surgery to open me up and take the gallbladder out. During surgery I coded. (Of course) but I'm here to tell the story so on we go, the first few days after surgery I felt awesome even went clubbing! But soon after DOWN went my health I believe I lost about 15lbs after in a few days (after being stuck @ 200lbs for weeks) I couldn't eat sleep, NADA the nausea was at its worse! The doctor prescribed some strong nausea meds, and guess what happened? The pharmacy gave me the wrong prescription... They gave me blood pressure meds that I was taking 3-4 times a day! My potassium and magnesium levels dropped to dangerously low levels I had to be admitted to the hospital yet again! I had to be put on an annoying heart monitor.. & I CODED AGAIN!

But I'm glad to say that I've been without incident for a week or so.. I'm hoping this

continues!

I wonder how everyone on here has Been feeling and coping ! ?

Here are my pics!

Original Weight- 257 pre-op : 240 CURRENT WEIGHT 180lbs

post-10231-13813812291767_thumb.jpg

post-10231-13813812292665_thumb.jpg

post-10231-13813812293461_thumb.jpg

post-10231-13813812294372_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone!

I know I've been so neglectful to this forum I haven't been on in months' date=' but if you guys only knew the hell I've been through..

Here goes nothing, having this gastric bypass surgery, has been a gift yet a curse... I love the weight loss but the complications that are going with it, are out of this world!

Yes I've lost 77lbs, yes I look AWESOME! But.. I was constantly sick... always in pain, Unable to eat..correctly, Nausea has not gone away to date, i was going an entire week without having a bowl movement and I have come close to losing my life TWICE!

I have been like this since surgery.. I became completely depressed, which is why I stopped coming on the site, stopped talking to almost everyone I know all together. I was always sick and didn't want to burden anyone with it. Being that there was nothing the doctors could do but give me meds that weren't working.

EXACTLY TWO MONTHS after surgery, it was discovered that I had pancreatitis and slush in my gallbladder. This was due to my rapid weight loss.. 257-207 in 2 months was a lil more than my body was use to..I was in the hospital for 8 days and my surgeon decided to take my gallbladder out, I was stressed out due to the fact that the scars I had from the gastric bypass were almost gone and now here they come about to slice me open but my surgeon did an amazing job and used my same incisions from the previous surgery to open me up and take the gallbladder out. During surgery I coded. (Of course) but I'm here to tell the story so on we go, the first few days after surgery I felt awesome even went clubbing! But soon after DOWN went my health I believe I lost about 15lbs after in a few days (after being stuck @ 200lbs for weeks) I couldn't eat sleep, NADA the nausea was at its worse! The doctor prescribed some strong nausea meds, and guess what happened? The pharmacy gave me the wrong prescription... They gave me blood pressure meds that I was taking 3-4 times a day! My potassium and magnesium levels dropped to dangerously low levels I had to be admitted to the hospital yet again! I had to be put on an annoying heart monitor.. & I CODED AGAIN!

But I'm glad to say that I've been without incident for a week or so.. I'm hoping this

continues!

I wonder how everyone on here has Been feeling and coping ! ?

Here are my pics!

Original Weight- 257 pre-op : 240 CURRENT WEIGHT 180lbs[/quote']

You look so cute! So sorry about everything you've had to deal with. Unreal. Hope you're feeling better. I think we had surgery the same day?

Babs396 and Cecilia' date=' I feel your pain. I have stalked the page for awhile but have not posted lately, just struggling with how slow my whole weightloss process has been going. Surgery was 2/14 and I was 217 and am now 180-182 scale will not move from these numbers for weeks. I get 900 calories in and workout 5-6 days a week doing the Zombie 5K trainer, elliptical, or bike. Fluid is hard to get everyday, average is 54oz! I see doctor July 5 and will do my labs last week of June and I will be honest, I hope something shows up on thyroid because I don't know how you can so 900 calories and not lose for a month. Just so depressing. I was hoping for a thin summer. I know I have lost weight and I feel good, I get compliments, just hard to read everyone's high losses and wonder what the heck is wrong with me. dde25

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 182 GW 140[/quote']

Oh I hear ya army mom! Little by little. It's so difficult to do everything right and change things up and get more exercise and drink more Protein yada yada yada!

I'm really trying to just keep on following the plan and not be discouraged... I am loosing inches so that's positive. They didn't build Rome in a day and i guess we are all under construction right now. Patience is need by us all!

I wish you a happy healthy life!

I hope you are well now. The pharmacy gave you the wrong med? Lawsuit?

I don't know if this image will show up... Using my phone to post... In case it does, check it out. You can practically see where my thyroid gives up the ghost and all wt loss stops. Then, where I go on synthroid and I literally feel like I'm coming back from near dead. Crazy!

post-31399-138138122946_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this image will show up... Using my phone to post... In case it does' date=' check it out. You can practically see where my thyroid gives up the ghost and all wt loss stops. Then, where I go on synthroid and I literally feel like I'm coming back from near dead. Crazy![/quote']

So I've been thinking this but haven't said it sooner....why the heck weren't they checking your thyroid level???? They knew it was fried and you'd have to add synthroid? They should have had this all planned and it shouldn't have taken you feeling like crap and seeking help for it...rant off, glad you're feeling better skinny girl!!!!

I don't know if this image will show up... Using my phone to post... In case it does' date=' check it out. You can practically see where my thyroid gives up the ghost and all wt loss stops. Then, where I go on synthroid and I literally feel like I'm coming back from near dead. Crazy![/quote']

Mine spiked around the same time as yours Cecilia.. Except mine was because I bought a new scale . So glad you are feeling better and the numbers are moving down again!

post-29653-13813812294957_thumb.jpg

So I've been thinking this but haven't said it sooner....why the heck weren't they checking your thyroid level???? They knew it was fried and you'd have to add synthroid? They should have had this all planned and it shouldn't have taken you feeling like crap and seeking help for it...rant off, glad you're feeling better skinny girl!!!!

I'm just as baffled. They told me they'd just check it at my 4-month appointment with all my other bloodwork. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense. Oh well. All's well that ends well?

Odd aside: I've lost a grand total of 2 pounds in the past month, and yet in the last week or so people have been commenting on my weight loss again. Are their eyes just finally adjusting to what they're seeing? Am I wearing clothes (baggier or tighter) that are showing it off more? Or did it all just jiggle it's way around so that some parts of me suddenly look thinner?

Weird.

It's not baffling its are bodies not working normal i had my blood work 8 days before my Cardioverson everything was fine went for Cardioverson and all my half my levels were off in just 8 days they said its the absorption issue I guess same as our tummies everyday It can be different so I do blood work every 6 weeks to check levels

NSVs I've noticed lately: (1) I now have a lap! :D (2) I no longer have to avoid booths! (3) I can cross my legs without using my hands! (4) I'm off ALL prescription meds! (5) I enjoy shopping again! I want to plan a girls weekend shopping trip! :D (6) I fit comfortably into movie theater seats! (7) I'm not always the biggest person in the room! :D

Happy happy joy joy!!!! I finally hit wonderland 199.2 lbs! I'll take it. Kinda a happy and tearful morning.

Here is some wise words to live by.....

I am in competition with no one.

I run my own race.

I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone' date=' in anyway, shape or form.

I just aim to improve to be better than I was before.

That's me and I'm free......

[/quote']

LOVE it! Keeps things in perspective. :-)